Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Spider-Man: 100th Anniversary Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:03:42 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Did I miss something? Part 8 of 8?! And it reads like they just dropped you into the middle of the story.

What kills me is that it looks like it would have been a KILLER story, too! Spider-Man, Venom, Kingpin, a techno-enhanced Venom Symbiote. I want to know what happened in the other supposed 7 parts!

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:00:29 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Remember the Amalgam comics? Those books "pretended" like they had been published for years with editor notes that ppointed to non-existant issues and some of the books even ended on a fake "to be continued".

Same deal here.

http://www.newsarama.com/20964-marvel-celebrates-100th-anniversary-47-years-early-in-new-limited-series.html

Quote:
“This idea came from Steve Wacker in a meeting where we were discussing a bunch of the characters’ 50th anniversaries and Marvel’s 75th Anniversary,” Lowe reveals. “Steve thought doing a publishing event where we imagined where the comics would be on their 100th anniversary would be cool, and boy was he right!”

Each of the five issues of 100th Anniversary Special will focus on a different character/team in the top tier of Marvel’s roster. The Guardians of the Galaxy one-shot will by writers Andy Lanning and Ron Marz along with Gustavo Duarte. The Spider-Man centric issue will by Sean Ryan and In-Hyuk Lee. The futuristic X-Men tale will by Robin Furth and Jason Masters. The Avengers one-shot will by James Stokoe. And the Fantastic Four story is by Jen Van Meter and Joanna Estep.

Given this is set in the year 2061, these heroes might be a bit different than how readers here in 2014 remember them. Lowe says that despite it taking place 47 years in the future publishing-wise, their in-continuity age won’t be as advanced.

“Well, the characters themselves won’t be 47 years older any more than Peter Parker isn’t over 50 like he’d be if he were aging in real time, but they’ll have aged a little bit,” Lowe explains. “So imagine 47 years from now (I’ll be a ripe 81 years old) when you’re picking up your favorite Marvel comics. I sure as heck better be retired by then collecting Nextwave theme-song royalties after that franchise becomes the biggest movie hits of the 2030’s and 40’s.”

So you have to pretend that YOU as a reader are reading an issue during Marvel's 100th Anniversary "event" in 2061.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:17:35 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I really wanted to read the lead up to that, though. It sounded awesome.

And with the Amalgams, they were the opposite. First issue reads, with cliffhanger endings.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:42:37 PM

Groups: Member

I don't know why but after reading that Marvel interview excerpt it kinda made me sad that I probably wont be alive for Marvel's 100th anniversary. I'm 37 now and don't really take care of myself so yeah...Straight Face