Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Coming Soon on CCL Options
dunleavy75
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 11:12:12 PM

Groups: Member

ntkeith wrote:
Request to start a poll to never output custom fields. If we all vote together on that issue, then we can finish this topic off like Raiden electrocuting your head into exploding.

Then there will be peace in the land.

Or if we are not going to drop the custom field output, can we get that as part of the January 2010 update? I think that will be a great time.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:16:25 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Um...which head is being electrocuted? The one I do my best thinking with or.....

Mad Bloggings

meangreenninjame
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 2:49:45 AM

The one you never use...which one that is is up to you Big Grin

www.ginandcomics.com

Follow us on twitter at: GinandComTweets

or you can follow us on Facebook by searching for Gin and Comics

b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 11:02:20 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor
Whitesun
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2009 3:18:17 AM

Just wondering if there is an update on the status of the items in the original post? Also, any idea if the collection pricing module is up yet, or the estimated date of implementation? Thanks!
Jim
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2009 11:04:59 AM

There isn't any work currently being done to the software as the staff has been laid off. Right now CCL is just collecting money to keep the site open.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2009 12:44:41 PM

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
Whitesun
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2009 5:34:43 AM

ErrantEntertainment wrote:
There isn't any work currently being done to the software as the staff has been laid off. Right now CCL is just collecting money to keep the site open.

Ooh

I just started using it and it looks pretty nifty, not sure if there's any better inventory management program out there :(
Capekiller
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:25:07 AM

Are you serious EE?

scotteaves
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2009 1:54:58 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Capekiller wrote:

Are you serious EE?

To quote Joe from this thread...

"However, during this recast and revision phase and to get a handle on all the projects and expenses, we have had to put the site director, and the 2 developers on a non-paid basis. It could be 90 to 120 days to work through funding, updating vision, and identifying our strategy for the new economic climate. During this period our site director and developers are currently helping on a non-paid basis in their spare time as they still have a vested interest in the project, and quite frankly love CCL and the community. They are currently using the corporate development tools and hardware which have access to our internal network but are working in a pro-bono fashion while we recast. "

Jim
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2009 2:24:53 PM

Capekiller wrote:

Are you serious EE?

Sadly, Yes.

There are no paid developers. Which I read as development on hold. Realistically I'd imagine them continuing to work for free while they look for new jobs but once they land new jobs development on CCL will take a backseat. Sad

It will be interesting to see wha happens at the end of the summer, whether or not Joe is able to hire back his staff.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
bovard
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2009 2:20:54 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I think regardless of whether or not the previous satff is hired back (they may move on to new jb, etc, that they cannot just up and leave) CCL will eventually get back to development, possibly with new staff if needed. That's not based on anything I've heard, just speculation.

The economy seems to be improving to some extent, and hopefully software development will start up again soon (3-6 months). Again, have not heard anything specific, just imo.

Don't forget, CCL still operates as a functional site for buying and selling, as well as tracking your collection (assuming you're a subscriber), but there is of course the free trial period for new users.

Jim
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2009 2:33:36 AM

There are plenty of other sites out there with on and off development for sure. They mostly have a small core group of followers and the rest come and go which is not entirely bad. The one thing CCL has going for it though is that there is no other site like it, yet.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Whitesun
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2009 5:06:52 AM

Darn, I'm beginning to like this site and the ease of use, be a shame if it goes under :/
I really want to buy the subscription for the software, but I'd hate to do that only to have it disappear after a couple of months... CCL does have potential for sure, but I'm wondering if it can last for another 6-9 months?
synn90
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:24:38 AM

Whitesun wrote:
Darn, I'm beginning to like this site and the ease of use, be a shame if it goes under :/
I really want to buy the subscription for the software, but I'd hate to do that only to have it disappear after a couple of months... CCL does have potential for sure, but I'm wondering if it can last for another 6-9 months?

I'm pretty sure this site will be around for quite a few years to come. I have seen growth in the last year, we have more stores operating now than when we did this time last year. Stick around you won't regret it.

www.comicattack.net
Check out these great stores!:
4 Aces
Legends (Vol 2)
The Comic Book Stop
Alpha Comics
The Vault of Horror
Comics Castle
JGV's Comics
HeroLand Comics
ErrantEntertainment
b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:38:12 AM

Yes there might be more stores open but how many people will renew with no upgrades going on this year.
Whitesun
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:02:01 AM

b0bafett wrote:
Yes there might be more stores open but how many people will renew with no upgrades going on this year.

That's one of my worries, the site looks to be almost ready to go, but I don't see as much forum activity that may suggest otherwise. Looking at the number of members currently on, it says 27, of which 20 are guests! that is alarmingly low, compared to the high of 170....
dunleavy75
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:19:11 AM

Whitesun wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

That's one of my worries, the site looks to be almost ready to go, but I don't see as much forum activity that may suggest otherwise. Looking at the number of members currently on, it says 27, of which 20 are guests! that is alarmingly low, compared to the high of 170....

yeah but that high is from 2 years ago when the economic outlook wasnt this bleek. CCL has a very good base of regulars to keep things going but it would probably be tough right now to get a store off the ground if you're a newcomer. I'm a firm believer that the economy will turn around sooner than later and with that ccl will get back on track with upgrades. Although even without any upgrades i think the product is pretty good.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
bovard
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:23:02 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

It should be around for a while (years to come). I'm concerned as well, but, on the off chance that CCL goes under, what's the risk? Possibly not getting a whole year out of the subscription. Seems like a pretty small risk, based on the price.

There are signs of an improving economy...Take a chance. The risk/reward ratio is worth it. Happy

Whitesun
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:33:35 AM

bovard wrote:
It should be around for a while (years to come). I'm concerned as well, but, on the off chance that CCL goes under, what's the risk? Possibly not getting a whole year out of the subscription. Seems like a pretty small risk, based on the price.

There are signs of an improving economy...Take a chance. The risk/reward ratio is worth it. Happy

oh, for sure, I'm almost certain that I'll pick up a sub once the trial period is up - I see potential and I'd like to try to support it, but I do also see some red flags, and hope that this will revert back to a free service, if just to reach a critical mass of users to ensure a vibrant community.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed this subscription round is just a much needed cash injection to get through this rocky patch. I just don't see a subscription based service targetted at comic book aficionados being very viable, but that's probably a topic best left for another time.