Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
My Transformers Collection (new pics 4 Feb). Options
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:37:55 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

***newer pics added to the bottom of the thread***
What a mess...
I've got 7 standard paper case sized boxes full of various loose Transformers.
I got no idea how many I have. 100? More?

This stuff has been in storage for more than 5 years... a lot of it was pretty dusty when I packed it up and most of it is freakin' filthy now.

So I figure I'll start with the larges figs and then work my way down to the little Heroes of Cybertron and Mini-Cons.
My comics are stored in 2 legal sized file cabinets and 4 DrawerBoxes set inside the closet of the bedroom we turned into an office.
I took the doors off the closet, slid the cabs in, and put the DrawerBoxes in the middle. It fits like it was practically made for it. Then I hung some curtains up and voila - nerdiness begone!
I have all my Green Lantern and various other Lantern Corps figures displayed on top of the comic set-up.
My plan was to display all my Transformers on the built-in shelf in the top of the closet. It's 56" wide and 12" deep.
If I put the biggest in the back, starting in the middle and work my way out to the ends I can install some clear acrylic shelves on the sides above the smaller figs and 'bracket' the big ones in the middle.
I'll have plenty of room!
Silly Silly
So I start with the biggest figs.

These things are jacked... First I have to clean them off, but also they've all been shipped around and the boxes have been beat to hell over the years. All of the combiners are a disaster. Armada Super Optimus Prime and RID Omega Prime are screwed and both versions of Build Team/Landfill are in the worst condition.
Super Optimus Prime needs to be completely dis-assembled and started over from the beginning...
But I don't really have the room to spread out and take on such a task right now as the only real workspace appropriate for such nonsense is currently covered with xmas gifts because putting them under the tree = destroyed by puppy!

As I get Unicron, Super Prime, King Starscream, Omega Prime, etc etc cleaned up and on the shelf I begin to realize that I have:
a) seriously underestimated the size and number of my Transformers
b) seriously overestimated the size of my intended display area
c) BOTH!
crapola....

I don't have anywhere near enough room for this mess!

Super Optimus Prime took a suicide dive onto the cabinets (scratching the paint off the cabinet) and broke into a bunch of parts all over the room... Requiem Blaster, Star Sabre, Mini-Cons everywhere - WHEEEEE! Now he really needs to be started from the beginning.
Optimal Optimus and Megatron there on the bottom area are gonna have to move. That box on the right contains all my various DC Corps figs who need to go back on the cabinets where Op-Op and Megatron are...
So now I have 4 standard paper case sized boxes full of various loose Transformers that I need to figure out what to do with...
This is definitely a work in progress!
The 7 boxes were neatly & nicely stacked up on the shelf, out of site. Now the 4 boxes are stacked up on the floor, in the way.

My wife is so thrilled right now.....

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Shadowdodger
Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:21:13 PM

Groups: Member

You can always send them to me. I'd be more than happy to get them out of your way. Winking

Seriously though, nice pics. I look forward to you posting more as the dust-off continues.

Any other CCL'ers have any TF pics they'd like to share?

I'm still trying to get mine in decent display condition.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
fenix1977
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 6:04:31 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Nice collection!

Mad Bloggings

HammerTron
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 5:21:11 AM

Xylob wrote:
What a mess...

This stuff has been in storage for more than 5 years... a lot of it was pretty dusty when I packed it up and most of it is freakin' filthy now.

So I figure I'll start with the larges figs and then work my way down to the little Heroes of Cybertron and Mini-Cons.
My comics are stored in 2 legal sized file cabinets and 4 DrawerBoxes set inside the closet of the bedroom we turned into an office.
I took the doors off the closet, slid the cabs in, and put the DrawerBoxes in the middle. It fits like it was practically made for it. Then I hung some curtains up and voila - nerdiness begone!
I have all my Green Lantern and various other Lantern Corps figures displayed on top of the comic set-up.
My plan was to display all my Transformers on the built-in shelf in the top of the closet. It's 56" wide and 12" deep.
If I put the biggest in the back, starting in the middle and work my way out to the ends I can install some clear acrylic shelves on the sides above the smaller figs and 'bracket' the big ones in the middle.
Silly Silly

These things are jacked... First I have to clean them off, but also they've all been shipped around and the boxes have been beat to hell over the years. All of the combiners are a disaster. Armada Super Optimus Prime and RID Omega Prime are screwed and both versions of Build Team/Landfill are in the worst condition.
Super Optimus Prime needs to be completely dis-assembled and started over from the beginning...
But I don't really have the room to spread out and take on such a task right now as the only real workspace appropriate for such nonsense is currently covered with xmas gifts because putting them under the tree = destroyed by puppy!

As I get Unicron, Super Prime, King Starscream, Omega Prime, etc etc cleaned up and on the shelf I begin to realize that I have:
c) BOTH!
crapola....

Super Optimus Prime took a suicide dive onto the cabinets (scratching the paint off the cabinet) and broke into a bunch of parts all over the room... Requiem Blaster, Star Sabre, Mini-Cons everywhere - WHEEEEE! Now he really needs to be started from the beginning.
Optimal Optimus and Megatron there on the bottom area are gonna have to move. That box on the right contains all my various DC Corps figs who need to go back on the cabinets where Op-Op and Megatron are...
So now I have 4 standard paper case sized boxes full of various loose Transformers that I need to figure out what to do with...
The 7 boxes were neatly & nicely stacked up on the shelf, out of site. Now the 4 boxes are stacked up on the floor, in the way.

They still look really cool.

You could always buy more to build up your collection to even greater heights.

:)
Xylob
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 9:02:30 AM

nah, I've really been unimpressed with the toys since they switched to the movie - just like GI Joe...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 10:54:55 PM

Have you seen any of the Classics, Gernerations, or War for Cybertron line? There are some amazing figs out there that have nothing to do with the movie-verse line.

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:59:59 PM

so.... I've totally run out of room in the office for all my various crap and since I share the room with my wife she's not going to let me take over her half....
Until I can get the display cases I want from Ikea (hurry up and finish building that damn store already!) most of the Transformers have gone into storage.
Only the largest remain "free" (and yes, those are Webkinz dachshunds).

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

HammerTron
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:59:22 PM

Xylob wrote:
What a mess...

Silly Silly

c) BOTH!
crapola....

Do you have any updates?

Do you have any on display now?
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:29:54 PM

Quick question: Do you display by series (ie: G1, Beast Wars) or by 'bot regardless of series (G1 Prime, Optimus Primal, Movie Prime)?

I keep mine in series, but lately I've been tempted to display by character.

Philli
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:45:39 PM

Don't get those all glass cases from Ikea. Get a billy book case. You can match it to the existing furniture in the room. You can also add lights and glass shelves. You can also add more shelves later. They make all kinds of accessorys for them. They're kind of like transformers. You can change them up.

Tongue

Shadowdodger
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:20:09 AM

That's a nice GR collection Philli. I'm not familiar with "billy book". What's that?

Philli
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:41:27 AM

Shadowdodger wrote:
That's a nice GR collection Philli. I'm not familiar with "billy book". What's that?

"Billy" is a line of book cases available at Ikea. They are best seen in person.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11683

And thanks for the compliment. That picture was only one half of the cases. I have two cases right now. But I probably have enough GR crap to fill 6-8. I'm closing on a house monday so pictures will be being posted in the near future.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 8:10:49 AM

Shadowdodger wrote:
Quick question: Do you display by series (ie: G1, Beast Wars) or by 'bot regardless of series (G1 Prime, Optimus Primal, Movie Prime)?
No &/or I don't know....
I was initially going to display them by size but have long been considering displaying either by character or series. I still haven't decided.
Right now what is currently 'displayed' in the office is by size - the 6 largest figs, 4 of which happen to be Prime in some way or another.
Philli wrote:
"Billy" is a line of book cases available at Ikea. They are best seen in person.
I'll have to keep them in mind. I've never been to an Ikea and ours won't open until "Fall" (no firm date announced yet) but it will be the 2nd largest in the world so theoretically they should have a bad-ass selection. I just really like the look of the Detolf shelves and they'll not only fit perfectly where I want them but also fit in with the 'style' of the room. The Transformers are all going into the Home Theater room on each side between the side and rear channels.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

scotteaves
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 1:31:02 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

I second the Billy bookcases from Ikea. Decent quality and nice flexibility.

dunleavy75
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 1:53:52 PM

Philli wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11683

And thanks for the compliment. That picture was only one half of the cases. I have two cases right now. But I probably have enough GR crap to fill 6-8. I'm closing on a house monday so pictures will be being posted in the near future.

Congrats! And nice collections fellas!Laughing

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 3:32:27 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Honestly, my vintage G1 TRANSFORMERS toy collection only consists of an Optimus Prime, but I DO have these :)

(From top left to bottom right)

TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #2RI-A (1:25 Starscream Variant)
TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #2RI-C (1:100 Ratchet Variant)
TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #3RI-B (1:50 Prowl Variant)
TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #3RI-C (1:75 Blitzwing Variant)
TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #4RI-B (1:50 Megatron Variant)
TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #4RI-C (1:100 Bumblebee Variant)
TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #5RI-C (1:100 Ironhide Variant)
TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #6RI-C (1:75 Optimus Prime Variant)

Shadowdodger
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 4:15:40 PM

Wow, Steve, those are nice. (that's what she said)

I only have a few actual G1's myself...Jetfire, Wheeljack, Roadbuster, Perceptor... that's all I can think of for now.

I mostly have Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Movie, Classics, and Generations. Even then it's only the ones I like from each line. I don't have the money or space to get everything.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 4:30:08 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I used to have TONS of G1 Transformers. I spent $300 on a 100% complete Fortress Maximus about 15 years ago. It was my TF dream come true, and when I was forced to sell it, I just could never bring myself to rebuying them again.

Philli
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:32:24 PM

Better examples of "billy" bookcases.

And here is some other ideas. One of which recommends the "billy's"...

http://offbeathome.com/2011/03/the-best-ways-to-display-action-figures

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:00:48 PM

I need some of those cases. Very nice.