Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Possible way to use the desktop software on a Mac! Options
jmartin724
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2011 10:39:45 AM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone,

My main reason for poking my head in here is that I am desperate for a way to organize my 23 long boxes of comics in a way that makes some sense.

It seems like this is the place to go to get software to organize collections, but I have an issue - I have a Mac. I have been lurking for a few years waiting to see if a Mac version would come out and haven't seen anything yet.

BUT what I did find recently was a way for the PC software to run on a Mac without virtualization and WITHOUT a windows license!

But it needs some help from the software devs here and it does cost $30 to get the PC software to run on a Mac. I am in no way affiliated with this other company, just desperate to find a way to organize my comics!

Anyway, I read about these guys on a Mac blog and are willing to help people get their PC software to run on a Mac. Their site is called codeweavers*. and the software is called Crossover.

I would like to ask the software guys to take a look and PLEASE submit your software to be worked on. I have already submitted it myself, but if the devs get in on it it will happen much more easily!

I hope you take a look at this. It seems a way to be able to get the Mac people happy without having to make a full version made for the Mac.

Thanks for your time!

Big Grin

*edited per CCL
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2011 11:38:40 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

jmartin724 wrote:
Hello everyone,

My main reason for poking my head in here is that I am desperate for a way to organize my 23 long boxes of comics in a way that makes some sense.

It seems like this is the place to go to get software to organize collections, but I have an issue - I have a Mac. I have been lurking for a few years waiting to see if a Mac version would come out and haven't seen anything yet.

BUT what I did find recently was a way for the PC software to run on a Mac without virtualization and WITHOUT a windows license!

But it needs some help from the software devs here and it does cost $30 to get the PC software to run on a Mac. I am in no way affiliated with this other company, just desperate to find a way to organize my comics!

Anyway, I read about these guys on a Mac blog and are willing to help people get their PC software to run on a Mac. Their site is: codeweavers. and the software is called Crossover.

I would like to ask the software guys to take a look and PLEASE submit your software to be worked on. I have already submitted it myself, but if the devs get in on it it will happen much more easily!

I hope you take a look at this. It seems a way to be able to get the Mac people happy without having to make a full version made for the Mac.

Thanks for your time!

Big Grin

Thanks for the information. As one of my (and I'd dare say hundreds of CCL members) biggest complaints with CCL, I'd love to get this back on track.

We've had plans to do this ourselves for some time, but our company honestly has lacked the financial resources to make this happen yet. Our CEO Joe is even playing around with making the entire software feature web-based, so anyone can use it at any time.

Since my working with CCL is a bit like coming to a football game in the second inning, I would have pushed for a MAC version since Development Day #1.

Per CCL rules, I did remove the diverting link over to the page, but left the name of the site there for people to see. I'll toss this information to the higher ups and see if we can do some due dilligence on this as well.

Thanks!

jmartin724
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2011 6:33:14 PM

Thanks for taking a look T_V_O! Big Grin

Let me know if there is anything you'd want me to help with! I am sure it would make a lot of people happy!

(FYI, I think a web version would be ideal, but being a web developer myself, it is always easier said than done to get software online)

I really appreciate you looking into this!
fenix1977
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:17:46 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

If this works...I would do flips..and then have nothing left standing in my way of leaving windows behind and getting a MAC!

Mad Bloggings

jbellanca
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 2:59:16 PM

You can use CCL with Crossover (or just Wine) on the Mac, no need for the devs here to do anything special. Just install Crossover, create a new bottle, and install CCL into it. No emulators needed since Mac's use Intel chips anyway. You could also use Bootcamp or Parallels or VMware, but Crossover's a bit better for software like this since you don't need a full install of Windows. Sure would be nice to have a native Mac version though... I've actually gone to a competing software product because they now have a native Mac version. (Booo.)