Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
2012 Feature Requests (tell us what you want) Options
Flagwaver
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:25:07 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

That was one of my top suggestions, AvengersFan2. I would be more inclined to buy books if I didn't have to go through page after page of books on my list but that are not in the condition I want.
AvengersFan2
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:47:34 PM
Groups: Member

Flagwaver wrote:
That was one of my top suggestions, AvengersFan2. I would be more inclined to buy books if I didn't have to go through page after page of books on my list but that are not in the condition I want.

It really does impair the usability of the already fantastic features the system offers -- especially when there are huge amounts of lower grade books. I'm no programmer, but it seems like it should be easy to add another filter. (?)

Joe_in_MO
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 7:24:46 PM

I have not read through all of the website recommendations, but I have one for you. I do have a favorite seller on this CCL website, and I thought it would be nice if there were some way I could sort this sellers listings by the date they were listed for sale. In other words, lets say I've gone through several thousand listings and found all of the books I wanted. Then in two weeks, or maybe four weeks, I could return to this seller, and sort his listings 'newest-to-oldest', or 'added in the last 30 days', or 'added in the last 60 days', etc. This could be a huge time saver for me !! Joe
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 8:15:38 PM

Joe_in_MO wrote:
I have not read through all of the website recommendations, but I have one for you. I do have a favorite seller on this CCL website, and I thought it would be nice if there were some way I could sort this sellers listings by the date they were listed for sale. In other words, lets say I've gone through several thousand listings and found all of the books I wanted. Then in two weeks, or maybe four weeks, I could return to this seller, and sort his listings 'newest-to-oldest', or 'added in the last 30 days', or 'added in the last 60 days', etc. This could be a huge time saver for me !! Joe

I hope they implement what your asking for..my fingers are crossed...
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 9:32:24 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joe_in_MO wrote:

Are you utilizing the Wish List here? Based on a number of your posts it sounds like it would save you a LOT of time and effort.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Joe_in_MO
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 10:03:43 PM

No, I have not used the 'wish list'. Truth is, there are hundreds and hundreds of holes to fill in my collection, and don't really want to take the time to enter all of them. I kinda know what I need, so I can usually scan listings and spot possibilities pretty quickly. Joe
robofan78
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:05:06 AM

I have started adding a lot of missing comics lately onto CCL. I just bought one by a publisher who is not on the list so I can't request for it to be added. Perhaps the request feature should be expanded to be able to request a new publisher not on the list? or if there already is a way, anyone know how? It gives the error that I need it and to contact MidTen media which the link to their site says it doesn't exist anymore?
LadyJay
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:12:08 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

robofan78 wrote:
I have started adding a lot of missing comics lately onto CCL. I just bought one by a publisher who is not on the list so I can't request for it to be added. Perhaps the request feature should be expanded to be able to request a new publisher not on the list? or if there already is a way, anyone know how? It gives the error that I need it and to contact MidTen media which the link to their site says it doesn't exist anymore?

To add a publisher:

Select Change Request Manager under Search Library on the left.

Then Select New Publisher under Library Additions (This will also be on the left of the screen).

Enter the name of the missing publisher.

Please provide comments to help the Approvers verify the Publisher. Any of the following help
- link to publisher's website
- link to scans of the comic with publisher informatioin included (Cover with publisher logo and/or inidica are usually helpful)
- Example comics published by the publisher

Hope this helps

robofan78
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 9:26:12 AM

LadyJay wrote:
robofan78 wrote:

To add a publisher:

Select Change Request Manager under Search Library on the left.

Then Select New Publisher under Library Additions (This will also be on the left of the screen).

Enter the name of the missing publisher.

Please provide comments to help the Approvers verify the Publisher. Any of the following help
- link to publisher's website
- link to scans of the comic with publisher informatioin included (Cover with publisher logo and/or inidica are usually helpful)
- Example comics published by the publisher

Hope this helps

okay, thanks. I always just use the change manager through the software which doesn't have this. thanks again.
SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 9:50:37 AM

Shop at My Store

Joe_in_MO wrote:
No, I have not used the 'wish list'. Truth is, there are hundreds and hundreds of holes to fill in my collection, and don't really want to take the time to enter all of them. I kinda know what I need, so I can usually scan listings and spot possibilities pretty quickly. Joe

Since you said your first order took "about 3 hours" and it would take only an hour or two to make a WishList for hundred of books (and maintaining on the fly is easy, my list is over 1300) I imagine the time savings will add up using a WishList. But to each his own.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
pottersan
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 9:35:38 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Flagwaver wrote:
You bethca, I find this irrating as well. I usually only buy VF- or higher. Sucks to click through pages of VG/F firestarter comics....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 10:33:13 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

firecop322 wrote:
1) See which stores have the most items on my wish list

I would LOVE to see this feature implemented. Pray

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 10:44:03 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
firecop322 wrote:

You do realize this feature was, in fact, implemented, right?
Joe_in_MO
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:26:52 AM

I understand how the 'wish list' works... I enter X-Men #94, and whenever one of the dealer/stores offers it for sale, I get notified. What if a new feature was added that worked like this. I enter into a list, what I want (title, issue #, condition, AND PRICE). This list is available for everyone to see, and if someone has the book I want, in the condition I want, at the price I'm willing to pay, then we complete the transaction (with CCL taking a finders fee...). For example, if I enter X-Men #94, VF or better, $300.00 , then I have sellers competing to sell to me ! Or if I entered "PunisherMAX (2004), entire run 1-60, VF+ or better, $45.00", then I would have potential sellers competing to sell to me. It kinda flips the whole idea on its head... instead of sellers listing what they have for sale, buyers would list what specifically they want (title, issue(s), condition, price). I think it's an interesting idea ! Joe
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:15:04 PM

Tamwood wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
firecop322 wrote:

You do realize this feature was, in fact, implemented, right?

How do I do that?

Flagwaver
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:26:45 PM

Click on Store Locator and then hit Wishlist at the top. You will have to hit it twice because the first time shows the least to most in your wishlist. Why they didn't make most to least the default I don't know.
outcast
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 2:16:27 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

Joe_in_MO wrote:
I understand how the 'wish list' works... I enter X-Men #94, and whenever one of the dealer/stores offers it for sale, I get notified. What if a new feature was added that worked like this. I enter into a list, what I want (title, issue #, condition, AND PRICE). This list is available for everyone to see, and if someone has the book I want, in the condition I want, at the price I'm willing to pay, then we complete the transaction (with CCL taking a finders fee...). For example, if I enter X-Men #94, VF or better, $300.00 , then I have sellers competing to sell to me ! Or if I entered "PunisherMAX (2004), entire run 1-60, VF+ or better, $45.00", then I would have potential sellers competing to sell to me. It kinda flips the whole idea on its head... instead of sellers listing what they have for sale, buyers would list what specifically they want (title, issue(s), condition, price). I think it's an interesting idea ! Joe
I like this idea a lot. In fact, it fits neatly into a persistent concern of mine as a collector, which is that that the world is full of tools to help the person who owns a comic to sell it, but is sadly lacking tools to help the person who wants a scarce, infrequently listed comic to find it.

The really hard-to-find comics are hard to find because most existing copies are in collections, not in sellers' stocks. A collector trying to find a copy for sale can check listings and auction sites daily for weeks on end and never find a copy for sale. Accordingly, the revolutionary opportunity here is creation of a market in which collectors who are not routine sellers of comics become enabled to sell comics in response to "want to buy" listings, without paying any fees (in this model, the buyer would pay listing and transaction fees). Without such an ad hoc selling capability, and a listing service to call attention to unfilled demand, some really scarce comics are likely to continue to sit in private collections, perhaps not even appreciated by their current owners, indefinitely.

Demand-initiated transactions of low-supply comics can happen (I have been on both sides of such transactions), but there aren't a lot of tools to facilitate them, particularly now that Comics Buyer's Guide (the facilitator of the transactions I engaged in) is gone. As a seeking buyer of certain difficult-to-find comics, I would be happy to pay for a listing that would reach a large number of collectors (who are not routine sellers), in the hope of finding a small number of collectors willing to part with comics I want. Apparently, I'm not the only one.
Joe_in_MO
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:46:59 PM

My thoughts exactly Outcast !! Let's hope this discussion reaches the programmers at CCL and perhaps something positive will happen from it ! Joe
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:24:24 PM

Flagwaver wrote:
Click on Store Locator and then hit Wishlist at the top. You will have to hit it twice because the first time shows the least to most in your wishlist. Why they didn't make most to least the default I don't know.

How long have a been a member here? And I never knew that.

SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:56:45 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:

How long have a been a member here? And I never knew that.

Don't feel too bad. It was just added with Jim's last website update on 09/27/2012.