Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What Game(s) Are You Playing? Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 10:16:24 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

mrhaddock wrote:

Ghostbusters (ps3)

That's a pretty cool game. Basically a love-letter to the movies.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:42:21 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zelda: Skyward Sword (Going back to finish)
Mario Party 9 (with wife - she loves this series)

PS3
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (with son - he loves changing the characters)
Spider-Man: Edge of Time (Going back to finish before Amazing Spider-Man comes out)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Waiting for the Lightning Episode DLC)
Batman: Arkham City (Waiting for the Harley Quinn DLC)

3DS
Captain America: The First Avenger
Devil Survivor Overclocked

PSP
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

Facebook <---That's right
Avengers Alliance

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 6:07:55 PM

So I just got this game in the mail today, and I went to test it and dang! What a fan-freaking-tastic game! I was pleasantly surprised. The only Thunder Force game I had played previous was a demo of Thunder Force V on PS1 (which was fun as hell, and HIGH on my wantlist). I was expecting the same side-scrolling shoot-em up formula (albeit with some twists here and there) that Thunder Force V had. Instead I find a free-roaming shoot-em up. What an awesome concept! Why don't other games use this formula? The soundtrack sounds nice, at least so far it does. It doesn't sound "tingy" or use the same sounds as a lot of the Genesis games do. And it's dirt cheap to boot!

I can tell this gonna be one of my favorites. I only played it for a few minutes, but I'm sure I'll have a blast when I actually set aside some time for some real gaming time.

My only question about it is: What's with those stupid walls? How do you get past them? The only thing I could figure was to just run through it and sacrifice a ship in the process, but I know that can't be right. What am I supposed to do to get past them?

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:21:59 PM

Cave Story for Wii Ware

An absolute masterpiece! Fantastic gaming experience that I thought had gone the way of cartridges and wired-controllers. It looked 8-bit, it played like a 2D Metroid game (gameplay that was very reminiscent of Super Metroid), and had a sometimes quirky story. If you like Metroidvania games, then you'll ABSOLUTELY ADORE this game. I can't recommend it enough. Download it and play it!

My only complaints are that it's far too short, I want more! And there was no exploration percentage of completion at the end, like there is on Metroid games. I'd like to know how well I did. I ended with 30 missiles and 45 life energy.

Are there any sequels/prequels?

junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:25:56 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

I'm about to finish The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the first time in about 10 years. Also just downloaded Mario 64 to my Wii and the game is as fun as ever. I'm already 40 stars in and had to force myself to quit so I could at least say it took me a couple days to beat. At the same time I'm working on Seperate Ways on Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition.

Smallville95
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:20:47 PM

Groups: Member

Mainly quenching my thirst for open world mayhem with Just Cause 2 until The Amazing Spiderman Game comes out. Been slowly going through the Splinter Cell series again too. Currently near the end of Pandora Tomorrow.

Madness is like gravity...all you need is a little push!
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:36:35 AM

I WAS playing Dark Messiah or Might & Magic: Elements for XBox 360. An early, rough looking XBox 360 game, but I was still enjoying it. I got to Chapter 4. I was at a part where I was preventing enemies from entering a ship I had just commandeered while my allies got it prepped for launch. Well then the freaking game glitched and after I defeated the enemies, the event wouldn't begin where the boat was supposed to launch!!! And apparently I saved the game after the glitch already happened. Angry

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:43:25 AM

Have you played Brutal Legend yet? Freaking awesome! It's like Heavy Metal (the animated movie) the video game with a freaking awesome soundtrack and starring Jack Black. Savatage, Iced Earth, 3 Inches of Blood, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Motorhead, Motley Crue, Holocaust, and bunch of others on the soundtrack, I haven't even unlocked all the songs yet. And the characters, the story, even the freaking landscape just screams metal. You really need to check it out if you haven't.

If you aren't a metal fan, you probably won't enjoy it, but if you are, you'll have a freaking blast!

roguesquad
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:25:22 AM

L.A. Noire .. pretty good so far.. definitely feels like a Rockstar game.

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:43:00 AM

Dragon's Dogma - bought it for the early access to the Resident Evil 6 demo and ended up getting a great game in the process. Story sucks, but the combat and monsters/creatures blows Skyrim out of the water.

Choplifter HD

Voltron

Shizz
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:20:58 PM

I got Fist of the North Star a couple of weeks ago. While it's not amazing, if you're a fan of the anime or manga you will definitly enjoy this one. A definite fan pleaser. If you're not it may seem quite strange and well not nearly as cool. Haatah!
mrhaddock
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:27:18 AM

Currently playing Borderlands (ps3)
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 2:03:17 PM

It got low scores, and I know why, it does get repetitive after a while. But regardless, I'm still having a lot of fun with this game. The repetitiveness is actually a lot of fun. Crushing skulls in a video game is always a great time when done right, and this game knows how to deliver just that.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 9:41:19 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

After playing Armored Core 5 for a while, and then the Harley Quinn DLC on Arkham City, I'm back on my love for Gran Turismo 5 where I finally was able to achieve the "GT-R Official Record" Trophy.

Only took 2 years! lol Not that I was trying every day, I only tried about a dozen times to achieve this trophy, but all of last week I had been practicing on the 'ring with Stock/unmodified cars and then figured I'd give the '07 GT-R a shot. I faulted on my first lap, but on the second lap I was 8 seconds short and the 3rd lap was the charm. Pulled a 7:28.579 (Time to beat is 7:29.03) . My hands were sweaty the whole time, lol.

Vistory Lap pic:

Click Thumbnail for full size

Now I'm only 2 trophies short of Platinum. Missing the "Vettel Challenge" trophy and "Gold Standard" (Achieve a gold medal in every event, challenge & license test). Yeah.. I'm not even gonna attempt those 2 trophies, lol.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
frozilla
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 11:03:17 AM

If/when I play games, it's on the PC. For some reason, I have a serious aversion to consoles. The controllers have always felt inqadeuate when playing most games for me.

Anyhow, playing-

Team Fortress 2
Warhammer 40k; Dawn of War + expansions
Civilization 5

as of late.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 1:42:10 PM

I just beat Home Alone on the SNES. That's right, Home Alone. It's not a masterpiece, but it kept my attention for about 45 minutes and I got it for a $1.

chiller67
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 3:33:26 PM

Just picked up Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes. I've only been through the first few levels so far and it's been pretty sweet so far. Lego have introduced voice acting for the characters. It's playing like a mini Lego Batman movie so far. Also features Lego Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and J'onn J'onzz plus more. All good fun.
nacho
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:09:37 PM

amazing spiderman!... first thing i did was get the scarlet spider costume it looks awesome!

Shizz
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:47:16 PM

nacho wrote:
amazing spiderman!... first thing i did was get the scarlet spider costume it looks awesome!

How's the game? I read a review that gave it a 7.5/10. It looks good but I get the been there done that vibe.
nacho
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:46:43 PM

Shizz wrote:
nacho wrote:

How's the game? I read a review that gave it a 7.5/10. It looks good but I get the been there done that vibe.

yeah i'm getting that too as i play but the controls are different and hard to get used too. word of advice don't play this game until you've seen the movie some spoilers.