Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Anyone else having problems with updates? Options
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:53:11 PM

Groups: Member

Jim wrote:
If(Memberprofile != CuriousGoodsNComics)
{
MakeItWork();
}
Else
{
BustEverything();
Write-Log = "Rejoice!";
}

Waiting
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:56:12 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
This is one of the slowest months of the year, if not the slowest, it's a good time to do some tinkering.

Yeah it's frustrating but it's nice to see the effort & people are still placing orders, albeit small ones. Having a smooth site by the holidays would be good. Still gotta extend the life of the shopping cart, I'm doing a lot of buying lately & it's frustrating that I can't go out for a coffee break without it emptying; a couple hours would be nice.

Doug at Treehouse

would be good too, what you mentioned, i know its not all about me...just need those two things to work...live market/program...right know ccl has me feeling and looking like that chimp you got in your signature...BANG!
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:08:53 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Steve (The Valiant One) suggested to me that it might be recent updates to Windows and/or Java, so I uninstalled those. Seems to work fine now....

Thanks, Steve! Party

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:48:55 PM

well thank God mine is working...today, cause if not it would have been the deal breaker...Whew!
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:54:07 PM

and hey I'm not asking for a lot here, not much really, just a working website and a working program...that's it
SleepingHooker
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:00:42 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
and hey I'm not asking for a lot here, not much really, just a working website and a working program...that's it

What he said.
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:56:42 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

For those of you having software problems, what are you running it on?

I ask because before I got a new CPU two or three years ago the software was a nightmare to open and update. Now, with over 4,000 titles, it updates in just a couple minutes. Every time. And I've never had it lock up during use. It's crashed a couple times at the end of the updates, but I just reopen and am good to go.

I'm running Windows 7 with a 2.60 GHz processor and 6 GB of RAM.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:48:57 PM

SwiftMann wrote:

I ask because before I got a new CPU two or three years ago the software was a nightmare to open and update. Now, with over 4,000 titles, it updates in just a couple minutes. Every time. And I've never had it lock up during use. It's crashed a couple times at the end of the updates, but I just reopen and am good to go.

not my problem swifty...believe me i got this, im good on my end...its those ccl servers...i guarantee it!
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:31:00 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

SwiftMann wrote:

not my problem swifty...believe me i got this, im good on my end...its those ccl servers...i guarantee it!

I'll put money on it that you're wrong Don. If it was the CCL servers, EVERYONE would be having problems not just a select few members. If it was CCL's servers, the site would be having issues at the same time you're having issues with the software. That's just not the case.

While there have been site outages recently (one an attack on GoDaddy's DNS servers, and one a database crash), the GoDaddy DNS outage had nothing to do with CCL's servers. And those both affected everyone - not just a few users.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

sgriffin
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:30:27 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

SwiftMann wrote:

Don - we can't troubleshoot without information. It's not an accusation or pointing the finger of blame - just a request for information which will help us figure out what's happening so we can best figure out how to fix it.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
yourplace2
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 3:51:15 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

we will keep at it of course...I just don't like to be like the president and hope that I win the re-election...I don't want to hope ccl works today...if its either the software or the website...the 2 services that ccl has to offer...then they should at the minimum be working no matter what.

Mr. President...

Do you have possession of a second computer?

If so, install the CCL software onto it and back up your information.

I myself have access to two or more computers. I have my main computer I do most of my work on. I also have a work computer where I add material from while away from work.

What I have learned is, None of my collection is on my work computer, only store items. Everything I have listed in my store is no longer in my collection, so using more than one computer may be an option for you as well.

The other sollution is simply, re-install the software and go from there. This will tell you if it is a CCL problem, or your computer at fault, which seems to be what is eveidensed in this threads contributers.

Whatever the answer or fix, if you do not have a back up process, then it is your fault if your store fails, not CCL's software. Just sayin.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

cmcdjj37
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:12:39 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Took a day and a half but mine finally started working. The weird thing is that I did nothing between it working and not; no updates, didn't install/uninstall everything, didn't disable anything. It just started working.
This is the first time it's happened to me. It was just a little frustrating because it happened about 5 minutes after I did my renewal.
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:50:56 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

cmcdjj37 wrote:
Took a day and a half but mine finally started working. The weird thing is that I did nothing between it working and not; no updates, didn't install/uninstall everything, didn't disable anything. It just started working.
This is the first time it's happened to me. It was just a little frustrating because it happened about 5 minutes after I did my renewal.

Could've been a hiccup in your internet connection somewhere between your place and CCL's servers. Glad it's working now. (Keep on submitting those cards!)

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:37:31 PM

scotteaves wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

I'll put money on it that you're wrong Don. If it was the CCL servers, EVERYONE would be having problems not just a select few members. If it was CCL's servers, the site would be having issues at the same time you're having issues with the software. That's just not the case.

While there have been site outages recently (one an attack on GoDaddy's DNS servers, and one a database crash), the GoDaddy DNS outage had nothing to do with CCL's servers. And those both affected everyone - not just a few users.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

1st off Scott you know i love ya and respect your side of things, but please keep in mind, that when i say anything its with due fact, i didnt say anything until i was able to verify others were having the problem too, and its been repetitive, if not it wouldn't be a big deal, i can understand every now and then, but not consecutive as its been since the godaddy incident, and mind you i didn't say anything about that or when that happened, believe me when i have a gripe its deserved. and i did get a call from Joe, and there may have been some server issues, now fixed and i wont be the one to complain unless it happens too often, as of yesterday i was able to use the software without any issues, but the day before there was issues, and verifiable thru facebook by other ccl members, remember when i say something i can back it up, and now that my ccl prog is working correctly and i have not done anything to fix it on my end, except wait a additional day to open my program and now it works, so i know it wasn't a problem on my end, i did not change anything or factor in any changes on my end. i did contact ccl and i did verify it was on ccl's end, and if it was just a small issues and it was looked into then that's great, maybe one of the servers has a bad sector on one of its hard drives, who knows, but fact of the matter is there was a error and it wasn't on my end and all asked is that it be looked into, im not complaining about upgrades or the site is slow or there's no traffic right now, all i stated was ccl offer 2 thing 1. live market and 2 program and if either of these are not working then ccl is not working. i may be barking up the wrong tree, but i guarantee if whoever is up that tree comes down there gonna have a fight on their hands. im no chump and i know what works and i know what doesn't, and im just trying to make sure its working
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:41:14 PM

sgriffin wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Don - we can't troubleshoot without information. It's not an accusation or pointing the finger of blame - just a request for information which will help us figure out what's happening so we can best figure out how to fix it.

i know that, but i want you guys to know i know its not on my end,thats all

now if somebody else is having issues, maybe there to blame, but im not to blame here, im pretty much right 99.9 % of the time, i try to make sure of that before i go into an argument...
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:44:02 PM

yourplace2 wrote:
we will keep at it of course...I just don't like to be like the president and hope that I win the re-election...I don't want to hope ccl works today...if its either the software or the website...the 2 services that ccl has to offer...then they should at the minimum be working no matter what.

Mr. President...

Do you have possession of a second computer?

If so, install the CCL software onto it and back up your information.

I myself have access to two or more computers. I have my main computer I do most of my work on. I also have a work computer where I add material from while away from work.

What I have learned is, None of my collection is on my work computer, only store items. Everything I have listed in my store is no longer in my collection, so using more than one computer may be an option for you as well.

The other sollution is simply, re-install the software and go from there. This will tell you if it is a CCL problem, or your computer at fault, which seems to be what is eveidensed in this threads contributers.

Whatever the answer or fix, if you do not have a back up process, then it is your fault if your store fails, not CCL's software. Just sayin.

i tested it on another computer before i even posted on the forums...and i verified with other ccl members too, i made damn sure i wasn't wrong before i went on the presidential campaign, im a seasoned veteran, like i said i got this!
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:45:34 PM

cmcdjj37 wrote:

again verification that im not the only one having issues with the program, being its been fixed or worked out, but there was and will be issues, understandable but should not be so consistent
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:47:10 PM

scotteaves wrote:
cmcdjj37 wrote:

Could've been a hiccup in your internet connection somewhere between your place and CCL's servers. Glad it's working now. (Keep on submitting those cards!)

too many hiccups!

heres the problem...one of the servers probably has a bad drive and some of the people are hitting those drives, myself included

heres the solution...go get the guys from piratebay to look at the severs and set up and i guarantee after there finished ccl will never go down again, even after a full out nuke, ccl will still be running

thats what i would do, find the unstoppable site and incorporate what they do to keep it online...and presto! forget about e-bay, even e-bay goes down, but the "bay" never
Jim
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 6:49:10 PM

To summarize, we are aware of the issues around receiving updates to the desktop software and have taken steps to try and prevent it from happening in the future. This isn't a guarantee that it won't but we're doing our best to isolate and permanently fix the situation. Since this instance has been resolved I'm locking the thread. Please feel free to start a new thread if a new instance of this issue arises.