Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Who is your favorite current comic book artist? Options
kevscomics
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:52:00 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,110
Points: 8,909
I am a huge fan of Ryan Ottley's work on Invincible. I also am a big fan of Nick Pitarra on Manhattan Projects.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:59:44 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/3/2008
Posts: 8,501
Points: 25,603
Location: Over the hills and far away
Hard to pick just one.

Ottley is awesome, Invincible is one of my favorite books.

- Olivier Coipel
- Dave Gibbons
- Rodin Esquejo
- Sonia Oback
- Tony Moore
- Steve McNiven
- George Perez
- Joe Madureira
- Darick Robertson
- Greg Capullo

would be in the conversation.

kevscomics
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:02:04 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,110
Points: 8,909
Yeah, I dig Capullo as well. Of course I am an Image/Indy fan, but Fiona Staples is awesome on Saga.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:03:28 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/3/2008
Posts: 8,501
Points: 25,603
Location: Over the hills and far away
kevscomics wrote:
Yeah, I dig Capullo as well. Of course I am an Image/Indy fan, but Fiona Staples is awesome on Saga.


Not crazy about Staples, I'm into Saga more for the story than art.

kevscomics
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:08:42 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,110
Points: 8,909
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
Yeah, I dig Capullo as well. Of course I am an Image/Indy fan, but Fiona Staples is awesome on Saga.


Not crazy about Staples, I'm into Saga more for the story than art.


Yeah, definitely more for the story here as well, but I do still dig the art. Thanks for the response by the way, I live over an hour from the nearest LCS, so just like to have some type of conversation about this medium that I love.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:18:42 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/3/2008
Posts: 8,501
Points: 25,603
Location: Over the hills and far away
kevscomics wrote:
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
Yeah, I dig Capullo as well. Of course I am an Image/Indy fan, but Fiona Staples is awesome on Saga.


Not crazy about Staples, I'm into Saga more for the story than art.


Yeah, definitely more for the story here as well, but I do still dig the art. Thanks for the response by the way, I live over an hour from the nearest LCS, so just like to have some type of conversation about this medium that I love.


haha, well, you're in good company here.

roguesquad
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:08:11 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/2/2007
Posts: 1,099
Points: 3,297
Location: Maine
I like :


Choi
Acuna (sometimes)
Opena
Bradshaw
Sakeda
Bachalo (sometimes)
Noto

Forgive me for just the last names.. I can't remember their first names. Laughing

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 5:54:13 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,521
Points: 60,296
Location: Redding, CA
-Jim Lee
-Alex Ross
-Greg Horn
-Gabrelle Dell'Otto
-Ethan Van Sciver
-J.G. Jones
-David Finch
-Dan Jurgens

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Nick18313
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:28:47 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/21/2007
Posts: 718
Points: 2,219
Location: Michigan
Stjepan Sejic

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:12:02 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,289
Points: 4,642
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
Yeah, I dig Capullo as well. Of course I am an Image/Indy fan, but Fiona Staples is awesome on Saga.


Not crazy about Staples, I'm into Saga more for the story than art.


Yeah, definitely more for the story here as well, but I do still dig the art. Thanks for the response by the way, I live over an hour from the nearest LCS, so just like to have some type of conversation about this medium that I love.


haha, well, you're in good company here.



No kiddin'. Glad to have you around.
MrBen
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:17:02 AM

Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/2/2007
Posts: 15
Points: 45
Olivier Coipel (Amazing Galactus)
Doug Braithwaite
Stephanie Hans (Amazing Cover Art)
James Stokoe (Amazing Godzilla!)

Godzilla half century war is the first book i've picked up based soley on artwork.

"Rocky Raccoon checked into his room
Only to find Gideon's bible
Rocky had come equipped with a gun
To shoot off the legs of his rival"
- The Beatles
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:40:34 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 4,203
Points: 12,609
Location: Kentucky
I like different artist for different moods.
Jim Lee is probably my all around favorite artist but I would have to include Scott Williams in with him because Williams seems to be the only inker Lee uses.
I also like Ivan Reiss, Brett Booth, Sejic, David Finch, Marc Silvestri, Ian Churchill, Ebas, Ed Benes,

For older comics I like Buscema (love his Conan run), Breyfogle (possibly my fav long term Batman artist)
Byrne (he is the ultimate Superman artist)

When I'm in the right mood I like Kelly Jones.Loved his work on Batman: Unseen.It fit the book perfectly.

kevscomics
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:46:21 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,110
Points: 8,909
ukblueky wrote:
I like different artist for different moods.
Jim Lee is probably my all around favorite artist but I would have to include Scott Williams in with him because Williams seems to be the only inker Lee uses.
I also like Ivan Reiss, Brett Booth, Sejic, David Finch, Marc Silvestri, Ian Churchill, Ebas, Ed Benes,

For older comics I like Buscema (love his Conan run), Breyfogle (possibly my fav long term Batman artist)
Byrne (he is the ultimate Superman artist)

When I'm in the right mood I like Kelly Jones.Loved his work on Batman: Unseen.It fit the book perfectly.


Hey, nice to see another Kentuckian, where are u located?
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 10:08:33 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 4,203
Points: 12,609
Location: Kentucky
kevscomics wrote:
ukblueky wrote:
I like different artist for different moods.
Jim Lee is probably my all around favorite artist but I would have to include Scott Williams in with him because Williams seems to be the only inker Lee uses.
I also like Ivan Reiss, Brett Booth, Sejic, David Finch, Marc Silvestri, Ian Churchill, Ebas, Ed Benes,

For older comics I like Buscema (love his Conan run), Breyfogle (possibly my fav long term Batman artist)
Byrne (he is the ultimate Superman artist)

When I'm in the right mood I like Kelly Jones.Loved his work on Batman: Unseen.It fit the book perfectly.


Hey, nice to see another Kentuckian, where are u located?


Morehead. Where you at?

kevscomics
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 10:24:43 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,110
Points: 8,909
Mount Olivet, lol, Robertson County, the sticks...About an hour and 15 from Morehead I think...Lived in Lexington for 5 years, but then we wanted a small farm, can't remember why...ha
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:29:18 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 4,203
Points: 12,609
Location: Kentucky
kevscomics wrote:
Mount Olivet, lol, Robertson County, the sticks...About an hour and 15 from Morehead I think...Lived in Lexington for 5 years, but then we wanted a small farm, can't remember why...ha


Been to Mount Olivet many times for job.I install satellite for Dishnetwork.
Sorry not trying to get off topic.

kevscomics
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:49:07 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 1,110
Points: 8,909
ukblueky wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
Mount Olivet, lol, Robertson County, the sticks...About an hour and 15 from Morehead I think...Lived in Lexington for 5 years, but then we wanted a small farm, can't remember why...ha


Been to Mount Olivet many times for job.I install satellite for Dishnetwork.
Sorry not trying to get off topic.


Nice, u may have come to my place then...
outcast
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:23:11 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

Joined: 7/28/2012
Posts: 433
Points: 1,885
Hands down, J.H. Williams III. If he draws a comic, I will buy it, no additional information needed.

And as of this week, he is drawing Batwoman again!
frozilla
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:34:29 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/30/2011
Posts: 358
Points: 1,087
I'm kinda riding the fence between posting about cover artists and interior artists.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
Jim
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:36:19 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Ivan Reis

That dude has done such an amazing job on the DC Universe. I first noticed him on the GL books.




CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.510 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241