Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Batman Collection Options
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:08:07 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Dementia5 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Charest didn't draw #500, but he handled #488 & #489?

I'm a moderate Travis-fan, so tell me what other Batmen layouts for which he was responsible!


I think Kelly Jones did the artwork for #500. Not a huge fan of his but I know a ton of people that are.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:58:12 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
Dementia5 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Charest didn't draw #500, but he handled #488 & #489?

I'm a moderate Travis-fan, so tell me what other Batmen layouts for which he was responsible!


I think Kelly Jones did the artwork for #500. Not a huge fan of his but I know a ton of people that are.


He is ok but my all time favorites is Bob Kane R.I.P. and Neal Adams!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
er07
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:58:34 PM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/2/2007
Posts: 288
Points: 1,872
Yes you should grab Batman Year 1 very good story. Also Cataclysm/No Man's Land is one of my favorites great read.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:59:36 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
er07 wrote:
Yes you should grab Batman Year 1 very good story. Also Cataclysm/No Man's Land is one of my favorites great read.


Thank you for the suggestions. I will diffidently look for them at my next comic book trip!! Thank you!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:29:27 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,656
Points: 7,968
Location: Worcester, MA
er07 wrote:
Yes you should grab Batman Year 1 very good story. Also Cataclysm/No Man's Land is one of my favorites great read.



Agree 100%!
Also, if you get a chance, check out Hush.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:37:18 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
Shadowdodger wrote:
er07 wrote:
Yes you should grab Batman Year 1 very good story. Also Cataclysm/No Man's Land is one of my favorites great read.



Agree 100%!
Also, if you get a chance, check out Hush.



I read Hush the other day and i thought it was a great read.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 2:22:23 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,827
Points: 127,291
The original Ra's Al-Ghul/Neal Adams stuff is just entertaining to read and look at. I also recommend NO MAN'S LAND as well. Good stuff.





ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 2:44:57 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
The_Valiant_One wrote:
The original Ra's Al-Ghul/Neal Adams stuff is just entertaining to read and look at. I also recommend NO MAN'S LAND as well. Good stuff.


Thanks! I love the Ra's Al-Ghul by Neal Adams he is a great artist!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
er07
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 7:07:06 PM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/2/2007
Posts: 288
Points: 1,872
The Long Halloween and Dark Victory are great to. If you can get your hands on Turning points that was also an interesting read, very underrated.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 7:09:24 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
er07 wrote:
The Long Halloween and Dark Victory are great to. If you can get your hands on Turning points that was also an interesting read, very underrated.


I started reading Long Halloween. Who does love a mob family Batman story!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:02:29 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
Here is my complete Batman Collection! I hope to add a lot more books so my collection will grow and be as good as your collections! Sorry for some of the blur on the pictures.

First pic is a mixture of Batman and Detective Comics:



This is my run of Batman from 470-488



This is my Azrael Batman 500-502. I have both covers of 500



These are some of my star books: Batman 184, 243, and 329



This is my last and oldest book I have!



I've been collecting Batman for about 6 months so it's not that big but it slowly increases!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
er07
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 4:08:52 PM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/2/2007
Posts: 288
Points: 1,872
Nice start to your collection and a descent mix of books.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 4:15:19 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
er07 wrote:
Nice start to your collection and a descent mix of books.


Thanks! I hope to go to the comic store in a couple of weeks to buy more.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
er07
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:14:02 PM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/2/2007
Posts: 288
Points: 1,872
Cool keep us up to date on how your collection is coming.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:28:13 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
er07 wrote:
Cool keep us up to date on how your collection is coming.


Thanks man!!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
StreetNERD
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:13:49 AM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/9/2012
Posts: 176
Points: 528
Location: Detroit MI
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
StreetNERD wrote:
i was not ready to start a batman collection but i was at the LCS and seen Batman #608 an #612 on the wall an said to must self don't leave without them so i grab them real fast like Larfleeze MINE!Rolling on the Floor Big Grin


That's great man! Soon you'll have a huge Batman collection!! what other comics do you collect?


sorry i'm late bro i collect dc mostly justice league,flash,superman,green lantern bout to really get into batman why there are some good reads left out there Nerd

SHAZAM!!!!

follow me @ComicHeadTerry on Instagram
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:38:30 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
StreetNERD wrote:
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
StreetNERD wrote:
i was not ready to start a batman collection but i was at the LCS and seen Batman #608 an #612 on the wall an said to must self don't leave without them so i grab them real fast like Larfleeze MINE!Rolling on the Floor Big Grin


That's great man! Soon you'll have a huge Batman collection!! what other comics do you collect?


sorry i'm late bro i collect dc mostly justice league,flash,superman,green lantern bout to really get into batman why there are some good reads left out there Nerd


There are a lot of great reads out there for Batman! It all depends if you like the newer Batman or back issues of Batman.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
StreetNERD
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:56:39 PM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/9/2012
Posts: 176
Points: 528
Location: Detroit MI
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
StreetNERD wrote:
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
StreetNERD wrote:
i was not ready to start a batman collection but i was at the LCS and seen Batman #608 an #612 on the wall an said to must self don't leave without them so i grab them real fast like Larfleeze MINE!Rolling on the Floor Big Grin


That's great man! Soon you'll have a huge Batman collection!! what other comics do you collect?


sorry i'm late bro i collect dc mostly justice league,flash,superman,green lantern bout to really get into batman why there are some good reads left out there Nerd


There are a lot of great reads out there for Batman! It all depends if you like the newer Batman or back issues of Batman.
i like all batman

SHAZAM!!!!

follow me @ComicHeadTerry on Instagram
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:30:50 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2012
Posts: 314
Points: 1,227
Location: Conneticut
StreetNERD wrote:
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
StreetNERD wrote:
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
StreetNERD wrote:
i was not ready to start a batman collection but i was at the LCS and seen Batman #608 an #612 on the wall an said to must self don't leave without them so i grab them real fast like Larfleeze MINE!Rolling on the Floor Big Grin


That's great man! Soon you'll have a huge Batman collection!! what other comics do you collect?


sorry i'm late bro i collect dc mostly justice league,flash,superman,green lantern bout to really get into batman why there are some good reads left out there Nerd


There are a lot of great reads out there for Batman! It all depends if you like the newer Batman or back issues of Batman.
i like all batman


Then you will enjoy everything. You got titles like Brave and the Bold, Detective Comics, Batman comics and many other series.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
StreetNERD
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 11:14:25 PM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/9/2012
Posts: 176
Points: 528
Location: Detroit MI
yea all them look good seen a few i'll be grabbing from them sets but think brave and the bold gone be my fav

SHAZAM!!!!

follow me @ComicHeadTerry on Instagram
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.307 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231