Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Status Paypal Pending issue Options
davidjam1
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:50:00 PM
Groups: Member

I made a purchase yesterday and today, and both of them when coming back from paying with paypal had some kind of error with the script. When I look in paypal, it clears there, but both of them in my items i've purchased screen have a processing paypal pending under the status. This just started happening after the system upgrade from the other day. Not sure what the problem is. It does seem like it went through on the sellers part, since when I go to paypal I have a tracking number in there, but I really would like to see it is shipped from my CCL and be able to mark it recieved and I can't if it is in a pending status.

Can someone help fix this issue.

Here is what the seller responded: "I see the payment pending statement and in some cases I can change the status to "complete" meaning I will complete the order but in this case I do not have that option.
I have checked paypal and the payment has been posted, After I complete the order, I will send you an email when I have mailed it, if the status does not change."

So the seller can not even mark it as sent. I don't want to make anymore purchases until this is fixed, cause I like to make sure I can check everything off in the CCL system correctly, that is the thing I like the best about buying on CCL.

Thanks
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:56:38 PM

I just made a purchase not less than 60 seconds ago and didn't see any issues. We'll take a look though and see if there is anything we can do. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Joe
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:16:38 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Is it possible to post the script error? I don't see any problem with our system. We are receiving orders and communication from paypal is working.

Also, the store should be able to mark the items as sold, and then you would be able to add them to your CCL software.

Please, if you can post the error you received, that would be helpful.

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:25:01 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

davidjam1 wrote:
I made a purchase yesterday and today, and both of them when coming back from paying with paypal had some kind of error with the script. When I look in paypal, it clears there, but both of them in my items i've purchased screen have a processing paypal pending under the status. This just started happening after the system upgrade from the other day. Not sure what the problem is. It does seem like it went through on the sellers part, since when I go to paypal I have a tracking number in there, but I really would like to see it is shipped from my CCL and be able to mark it recieved and I can't if it is in a pending status.

Can someone help fix this issue.

Here is what the seller responded: "I see the payment pending statement and in some cases I can change the status to "complete" meaning I will complete the order but in this case I do not have that option.
I have checked paypal and the payment has been posted, After I complete the order, I will send you an email when I have mailed it, if the status does not change."

So the seller can not even mark it as sent. I don't want to make anymore purchases until this is fixed, cause I like to make sure I can check everything off in the CCL system correctly, that is the thing I like the best about buying on CCL.

Thanks

We're talking with this gentleman via phone now.
davidjam1
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:12:14 PM

I made another purchase just now and everything went alright when it came back from paypal this time. The other 2 are still stuck in a pending status though.
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:20:08 PM

davidjam1 wrote:
I made another purchase just now and everything went alright when it came back from paypal this time. The other 2 are still stuck in a pending status though.

i believe its a problem with ccl coms to paypal...not on paypals end...but ccl's
Joe
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:39:31 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

davidjam1 wrote:

Hmmm, It could have been some sort of DNS problem. We will look into it further.

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

davidjam1
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:30:01 AM

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
davidjam1 wrote:

i believe its a problem with ccl coms to paypal...not on paypals end...but ccl's

Yes, I think so too, cause on both of the ones that are still stuck in pending status, I email the seller about it and they said that they had received the money in their paypal. So if it was on on paypals end the payment would be stuck in my account unclaimed. But, both payments went through good. The sellers are not able to mark the purchase paid or shipped, so I in turn can not mark them received or leave any feedback, and can't see if and when they have been shipped from my CCL account. I know one has already shipped cause I see the tracking in paypal.
danscomics
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:19:02 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Has there been any progress on this. It was bad enough when the occasional one came in as Paypal Pending and the buyer had trouble paying. But now to have all of them listed that way and having to check which ones payments actually came through manually is an extreme waste of time on my end.

Don't miss out on our Comic Collector's Club Subscription Service. Free Previews, everything comes bagged and boarded, and a minimum of 25% off all items ordered. We also offer free shipping to subscribers that reach certain totals (the amount changes depending on shipping frequency). Plus we are happy to add in back issues and do our best to fill all special requests. Just drop me a message if you are interested.
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:41:21 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

I made a order sunday with no issues.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:48:19 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

danscomics wrote:
Has there been any progress on this. It was bad enough when the occasional one came in as Paypal Pending and the buyer had trouble paying. But now to have all of them listed that way and having to check which ones payments actually came through manually is an extreme waste of time on my end.

As far as progress goes, what this buyer has experienced seems to be different and isolated so far. I'm just now getting back to business on CCL but it looks like it's business as usual. I've personally heard nothing else on this problem.

Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:23:51 AM

Shop at My Store

I'm receiving orders a-okay.

Glad you're doing okay, Steve....
Nickamortis
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:03:48 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I've tried with 3 different browsers to buy a comic from here, the site says
"Connecting to Paypal, dont click back" and then just goes to a white screen.

Pretty sure this isn't a problem on my computer, tried it on my brothers computer and it didnt work either
danscomics
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:17:56 AM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
danscomics wrote:

As far as progress goes, what this buyer has experienced seems to be different and isolated so far. I'm just now getting back to business on CCL but it looks like it's business as usual. I've personally heard nothing else on this problem.

Well, the last order that I received was on Tuesday and it was still doing it. For every single order I received between 9/25 and 10/2 a payment was received in my Paypal account but they displayed as Paypal pending. I will let you know if it happens again with the next order I receive.

Don't miss out on our Comic Collector's Club Subscription Service. Free Previews, everything comes bagged and boarded, and a minimum of 25% off all items ordered. We also offer free shipping to subscribers that reach certain totals (the amount changes depending on shipping frequency). Plus we are happy to add in back issues and do our best to fill all special requests. Just drop me a message if you are interested.
danscomics
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:41:28 PM

Shop at My Store

I just wanted to update you. I just got a new order, and it happened again. I had to mark it paid manually.

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:47:21 PM

Nickamortis wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I've tried with 3 different browsers to buy a comic from here, the site says
"Connecting to Paypal, dont click back" and then just goes to a white screen.

Pretty sure this isn't a problem on my computer, tried it on my brothers computer and it didnt work either

yeah i had 4 consecutive failed orders from you with a paypal timeout, i went in and cancelled them for you, just in case you want to try to re-order again, hope it will work for you next time...Don@CG&C...CCl's top rated seller doing what we can with what he has to work with
davidjam1
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:46:56 PM

I did have it happen again one time. I have placed about 15 orders since it happened the first 2 times. It happened on friday with a larger order($195) with Read The Story (Play the Game).
Geraldinehenry
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 12:37:14 AM

davidjam1 wrote:
I did have it happen again one time. I have placed about 15 orders since it happened the first 2 times. It happened on friday with a larger order($195) with Read The Story (Play the Game).

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:56:09 AM

I actually had this happen to me a few weeks ago.It happened on two different transactions to two different sellers but on the same day.It only happened that one day and hasnt happened since.I just chalked it up tp issues with Paypal that day.

spacecitycomics
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:04:00 PM

Today, customer could not complete payment
to Paypal. Had to send him my addy for
manual completion.
Invoice 108839
Phil