Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Justice League of America Options
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:05:06 AM

Groups: Member

This forum is just about Justice League of America. Show us your comics, discuss your favorite issues, talk about who are your favorite members, or just talk about it!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:08:40 AM

My Justice League of America collection so far:

I really want some silver age stuff but i have to save my money

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:32:01 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Justice League has always been one of DC's best titles, through most of the Justice League eras.

Grant Morrison's run on "JLA" in the late 90s is by far my favorite run. The stories during his run were just fan-freaking-tastic. And Howard Porter's art was pretty cool during that era, too.

Dan Jurgens' much overlooked and forgotten run during the mid-90s on "Justice League America" was pretty good IMO too. Most of that series was pretty forgettable and bad, so it's not surprising Jurgen's run was overlooked. Other than his run, pretty much NOTHING was taken serious on that book. I'm also a bit partial to his style since I'm a fan of the Post-Crisis Superman books and Booster Gold.

I'm also a sucker for the JLA/JSA team-ups, since I'm a huge Justice Society of America & Infinity Inc. fan.

Some of my favorite Justice League of America issues in my collection:

My Favorite JLA/JSA Crossover Issues in My Collection:

The End of the JLA Satellite Era:

First of the Detroit-Era JLA:

Post-Crisis JLA:

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 6:55:00 PM

[quote] Justice League has always been one of DC's best titles, through most of the Justice League eras.

Grant Morrison's run on "JLA" in the late 90s is by far my favorite run. The stories during his run were just fan-freaking-tastic. And Howard Porter's art was pretty cool during that era, too.

Dan Jurgens' much overlooked and forgotten run during the mid-90s on "Justice League America" was pretty good IMO too. Most of that series was pretty forgettable and bad, so it's not surprising Jurgen's run was overlooked. Other than his run, pretty much NOTHING was taken serious on that book. I'm also a bit partial to his style since I'm a fan of the Post-Crisis Superman books and Booster Gold.

I'm also a sucker for the JLA/JSA team-ups, since I'm a huge Justice Society of America & Infinity Inc. fan.[/quote

I love the old time Justice League. I didn't really know much about the team ups of JLA and JSA and the Legion of super heroes until i read Justice League of America The Lightning Saga. It has stories of crossovers and origin type story which i liked. The Crisis on Infinite Earths Justice League isn't my favorite because there is no batman or old time justice leagures but i did like Doctor Fate and Martian manhunter. Doctor Fate is a new character to me. I'm hopping in getting some earlier Justice League within a year or so. Here is the The lightning saga cover:

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:39:38 AM

Just got this early Justice League. Maybe a 2.0 or 1.5 but for only 4 bucks why not. Ill try to get the actual scan soon!

Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 8:15:33 PM

So the New 52 JLA comic will be out in February 2013. OK, no problem. But apparently there are going to be 52 variant covers for the first issue! Wait - what?!?! I like variants; the art, the collectibility. But 52 of' em! That's a ride on the crazy train!

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/11/when_dc_says_justice_league_of_america_they_really.php

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
junkmonkey
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 10:13:08 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

Shadowdodger wrote:
So the New 52 JLA comic will be out in February 2013. OK, no problem. But apparently there are going to be 52 variant covers for the first issue! Wait - what?!?! I like variants; the art, the collectibility. But 52 of' em! That's a ride on the crazy train!

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/11/when_dc_says_justice_league_of_america_they_really.php

Yep. One for each state, plus 2 more covers.