SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 29
(Round 10, Fight 2)
Good evening everyone and welcome to SHS 1, Fight 29. This is going to be a tough battle in more ways than one; at the end of the match we'll be saying goodbye to another one of our managers.
Both managers failed to submit and received strikes; the 2nd for ComicUniversity and 1st for b0bafett. As a result the randomizer went to work and chose the fight 29 environment, so tonight we're visiting one of my personal favorites...A Sciencell on the planet Oa
(Remember, when the randomizer chooses, ALL
environments are in play
A special note about tonight's environment...the description of this environment includes the sentence "Each cell was specifically designed to contain the villain and neutralize his/her/its powers." It's up to the managers to debate what that means when there are two
fighters in a cell, the mods will not
render any additional clarification on this aspect of the environment.
Appearing in the Sciencell
are Metamorpho (Rex Mason)
, the sole remaining member of Comic University's Drake's Dudes and Dudettes
, and Wonder Girl (Casandra Sandsmark)
, the only member of b0bafett
's team left alive in the competition.
Shake hands in the center of the cell fellows, then return to your corners and be ready to come out fighting at the sound of the bell....
(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)
Visiting Team: Drake's Dudes and DudettesEnvironment: A Sciencell on Oa
Manager: Comic University (4–1–0–0–3)
Fighter: Metamorpho (Rex Mason)VS.Home Team: The Unnamed Ones
Manager: b0bafett (1–0-1–2–3)
Fighter: Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark)
You and your opponent find yourselves confined within a Sciencell on the planet Oa. Sciencells are nearly impenetrable prison cells designed to neutralize the powers of the beings they contain. The environment is restricted to the interior of the cell.
* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.
* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.
As a reminder, here are the voting rules
:* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.
* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.
-----------------------------------------------SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live