Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins in the Entwood? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Green Lantern (John Stewart) 6 50%
Impossible Man 6 50%

SHS 1, Fight 31 - Green Lantern (John Stewart) Vs. Impossible Man in Fangorn Forest Options
LadyJay
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:19:30 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 31
(Round 11, Fight 1)

Welcom back CCLERs. Hope everyone's well rested. This evening Comic Clint used his environment pick to bring SHS 1 to the Forest of Fangorn or, as some of some of you may know it, Entwood.

Fight 31 could be called the "Green Battle". It's a shame St. Patrick's Day is so far off. First there's our forest environment (green). Then there's tonight's contestants, both of whom feature a lot of green. Ukblueky chose his Green Lantern, John Stewart for the Round 11 opener. Across the forest, Comic Clint once again sends out the last member of Clint's Cavalry, Impossible Man.

As we get ready for tonight's battle, one final reminder folks, No Smokinig and leave the lighters and matches home; the caretakers of the forest don't care too much for fire...

(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)

Visiting Team: The No Names
Manager: Ukblueky (5–0-1–0–3 )
Fighter: Green Lantern (John Stewart)

VS.

Home Team: Clint's Cavalry
Manager: Comic Clint (2–1-0–0–5)
Fighter: Impossible Man

Environment: Fangorn Forest

Welcome to Middle Earth. You and your opponent materialize in the Forest of Fangorn, also known as Entwood. Watch your step and mind your tongue, rumor has it that some of the "trees" in the forest aren't what they seem. Paths through the forest may appear and disappear; and many an uwary traveller has found themselves tripping over roots or tangled in branches after uttering an unthinking word about their surroundings.

The environment is confined to the forest.

-----------------------------------------------

* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.

* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

As a reminder, here are the voting rules:

* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.

* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.

SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:31:15 PM

Groups: Member

Will have beginning rationale up soon.

ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:53:39 PM

John Stewart is a soldier but this will not be a ring slinging fire fight.Its up to the voters to decide whether the ring will give John info on Impossible Man.I said in past fights that since Marvel characters are from different universes than DC that the ring may have no info on them and for this fight I will stick to that argument.
The thing is John may not need much info to win this fight.Being a soldier and long time GL its possible John may be able to read his enemy.Not to mention the ring may be able to info John that Impossible Man is not a violent threat.Impossible Man is a prankster not a fighter.So John can go into this fight with the intent of distracting and holding Impossible Man in check not pummelling him.The GL ring will make this possible.Remember Johns constucts are among the most powerful of all GLs because they are solid and never hollow.
John can make varying constructs to distract and entertain Impossible Man like a child with ADD.He can even make a construct of a female Impossible Man and have the construct get Impossible Man to follow her out of the forrest and out of the designated area.
John even make an air tight prison construct to imprison Impossible Man.John can keep him locked up until Impossible Man is so bored (a whole 10 minutes) that he will agree to give up and admit defeat if John releases him.
John Stewart +1

comic clint
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:03:32 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host

Ok so Impy has a companion There is no need for him to follow a Fake female version---- this guy can tell if there is an imposter in the room---- we have seen impy pass through sue richards force fields, and also shift into a copy of sue. So therefor He could use her invisibility to hide from GL.... Also I must say that I dont believe that these energy constructs would work... after all they are VERY similar to sue force fields--- and THOSE DONT WORK. Earlier in the competition we heard from the mods who agreed that Impy was not prone to magic either. Impy is one tough cookie. GL has no chance against him---- we read in Impys Bio that he retains the characteristics of what ever he turns into. The only thing he doesnt retain is the powers of a superheroes Weapon Such as Caps Shield or Thors Hammer. However If he decides to change into the Thing he will be ROCK HARD AND SUPER STRONG----- Human Torch, FLAME THROWER----- Mr Fantastic ELASTIC AND EXTRA DURABLE---- ANYTHING HE WANTS TO BE HE CAN BE---- He can also turn into MORE THEN ONE THING---- he can turn into one of these trees, he can turn into GL himself---- He has even replicated Galactus----- YES GALACTUS. And its was brought up last time he fought that he EVEN KILLED GALACTUS once----- Can GL beat an opponent this overpowering, durable, quick and down right IMPOSSIBLE? I dont think so.... Especially since I have shown that GL's Energy Constructs will be a mute power. here is an example of Impy getting down against the FF and you can clearly see that he passes right through Sues Force Fields with no problem..... WE ALL KNOW HOW POWERFUL SUE IS and he OWNS HER

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
comic clint
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:07:09 AM

Impy can transform into Superman, or the flash and Have all their abilities--- Hell he could transform into the WHOLE JUSTICE LEAGUE
after all he transformed into the FF Here

-clint
comic clint
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:09:54 AM

And as we all see he retains their abilities too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-clint
comic clint
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:18:46 AM

So to recap, GL's Energy based constructs will have NO affect on Impy, Gl Is a man lost in the woods---- Once he comes into contact with impy he is overwhelmed by all the impys and the FF to boot, The Justice League is There, Galactus Looms in the background, and GL is COMPLETELY overwhelmed he begins trying to contain these green and purple replicas and soon finds out that they are immune to his attacks--- He does not admit defeat and simply beg for Impy to make it painless, ---NO his ego gets the best of him and He Thinks he can still defeat these little guys if he were to just start beating them all up ------ Unfortunately Impy "POPS" into an Exact Replica of Bruce Lee---- Hi Ya---- A FURY OF FISTS LATER IMPY STANDS VICTORIOUS and Immediately the Forest echos with a "POP" an exact Replica of the Heavy Weight Championship Belt Hovers over the now unconscious GL

+1 Impossible Man

-clint
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:00:51 PM

So because you say the constructs will have no effect on Impy then its gospel.......yeah right, nice try.Sues TK powers are nothing like the rings powers.
If we are gonna play the whole Impy turns into whoever so he automatically wins then John can play that game also.John constructs a clone of Sentry.The same Sentry with the power of a million exploding suns and who can fly faster than Flash can run.The Sentry construct then swoops Impy up and flies him into the sun thus eliminating him from the Marvel U forever.And dint try and say it wouldnt hurt Impy because that would be bigus.When Galactus ate the Poppian homeworld it killed all if them except Impy.So if Galactus's stomach juices can kill them then the sun would too.
Also you keep writing Impy out of character.His bio plainly states him as a prankster.Hes not this warrior that you keep writing him as.The FF always defeat him by ignoring him.
You keep writing that Impy will just come into the match and turn into Galactus and start destroying everyone but give no justification for Impy acting this way.From what I have seen and read in no way would Impy act this way for no reason.Its the reason he never wins one of these tourneys.He just wants to have fun not start fights.
Oh you mentioned Impy killed Galactus, which wasnt by fighting him by the way if memory serves me correctly .Well John killed the GL Mogo the living planet.Thats a little more impressive in my opinion.

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:05:28 PM

comic clint wrote:
So to recap, GL's Energy based constructs will have NO affect on Impy, Gl Is a man lost in the woods---- Once he comes into contact with impy he is overwhelmed by all the impys and the FF to boot, The Justice League is There, Galactus Looms in the background, and GL is COMPLETELY overwhelmed he begins trying to contain these green and purple replicas and soon finds out that they are immune to his attacks--- He does not admit defeat and simply beg for Impy to make it painless, ---NO his ego gets the best of him and He Thinks he can still defeat these little guys if he were to just start beating them all up ------ Unfortunately Impy "POPS" into an Exact Replica of Bruce Lee---- Hi Ya---- A FURY OF FISTS LATER IMPY STANDS VICTORIOUS and Immediately the Forest echos with a "POP" an exact Replica of the Heavy Weight Championship Belt Hovers over the now unconscious GL

+1 Impossible Man

So why is John lost in the woods? Why will the constructs have no effect on Impy? And how on Gods name would Bruce Lee beat a GL?!?
Where did John get this ego from that makes him act differently then he does in the comics?
All of my ratinales for this fight are backed up by the comics while yours....well...not so much.

comic clint
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:36:37 PM

I am merely stating what I believe to be true--- Mr Impossible is exactly that IMPOSSIBLE---- Everything he does and every power he has is beyond comprehension. I understand your bewilderment, but the fact of the matter is that the rings power is not as Powerful as you tend to believe---- after all the first green lantern couldnt even stop wood. There are weaknesses in its make up.

Impy is a Powerful Being from another Planet he has demonstrated time and time again that energy constructs and conventional weapons have no effect whatsoever on him.

If John were to try this sentry thing, he would not have the power of the sentry. Its right in the pics I posted and Impys bio that he actually retains the powers of whoever he duplicates. This Green Sentry would simply fly through Impy like a ghost. There would be no affect on him and this for sure would cause a depletion in Johns Will. Bruce Lee would have no problem whooping up on John Stewart--- In this case Thats what it would be simply John Stewart (in a green costume with a glowing ring that has no affect) vs. Bruce Lee

-clint
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:13:37 PM

I still dont get how Bruce Lee can beat a GL? Either way your writing Impy out of character but the voters are buying it.And in the end thats all that matters in this contest.
Impy is the same style character that Mr. Myxz...however you spell his name..is.He's kinda a comidic joke character.He has insane powers yet never wins a fight because fighting is not what interests him.
John could probably construct a ferris wheel and Impy would forget all about the match.

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:48:21 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

ukblueky wrote:
comic clint wrote:

+1 Impossible Man

So why is John lost in the woods? Why will the constructs have no effect on Impy? And how on Gods name would Bruce Lee beat a GL?!?
Where did John get this ego from that makes him act differently then he does in the comics?
All of my ratinales for this fight are backed up by the comics while yours....well...not so much

Sorry. This line didn't effect my vote. But I had to laugh when I read YOU decrying rationales that don't reflect the actual comics. remember when you told people Superboy could absorb Quasar...or when you said a couple of warehouses being destroyed would incapacitate Jack Hawksmoor? Just saying.
comic clint
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:17:28 PM

down to the mods----- great fight---

-clint
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:49:59 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
ukblueky wrote:
comic clint wrote:

+1 Impossible Man

All of my ratinales for this fight are backed up by the comics while yours....well...not so much

Sorry. This line didn't effect my vote. But I had to laugh when I read YOU decrying rationales that don't reflect the actual comics. remember when you told people Superboy could absorb Quasar...or when you said a couple of warehouses being destroyed would incapacitate Jack Hawksmoor? Just saying.

Oh you again.You seem to have become my personal little stalker.
I'm sorry you didnt know your own crappy character Hawksmoor would feel pain from anything that happened to a city.It plainly stated that in his bio or else I wouldnt know it cause he's such a lame character I've never read a comic with him in it.As for Superboy all I done was throw out speculation.Which I think I made clear was speculation and assumption and probability.But you still have this very clear agenda against me.Like I mentioned in a previous post I dont rely on your vote in any of my matches because youve shown your disdain for me.I could have Thor fighting against Willie Lumpkin and you would vote against Thor just cause hes my character.

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:51:49 PM

How ever the coin falls, great fight Clint.

LadyJay
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:00:58 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

Okay, Jim and I have discussed it and here's our decision...

This is a DC/Marvel match-up, therefore the fighters would know nothing or very little about each other. While UK is correct that Impossible Man is a prankster, distracting and entertaining him is not subduing him. If he's still in the environment, mobile and concious, he's not beaten. So, to defeat Impossible Man, John Stewart would need to be able to incompacitate Impossible Man or find a way to make him leave the area.

This would be a very close fight. What it comes down to is that John Stewart is a soldier and tends to do things as a soldier would, by fighting. He'd eventually figure out how to beat Impy but not before wearing himself out trying to fight and certainly not within the timeframe of this battle.

The winner is...

IMPOSSIBLE MAN

comic clint
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:36:34 PM

hip hip horray ---- IM STILL ALIVE AND KICKING ---- WOWBig Hug

-clint
comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 6:33:15 AM

ukblueky wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
ukblueky wrote:
comic clint wrote:

+1 Impossible Man

Oh you again.You seem to have become my personal little stalker.
I'm sorry you didnt know your own crappy character Hawksmoor would feel pain from anything that happened to a city.It plainly stated that in his bio or else I wouldnt know it cause he's such a lame character I've never read a comic with him in it.As for Superboy all I done was throw out speculation.Which I think I made clear was speculation and assumption and probability.But you still have this very clear agenda against me.Like I mentioned in a previous post I dont rely on your vote in any of my matches because youve shown your disdain for me.I could have Thor fighting against Willie Lumpkin and you would vote against Thor just cause hes my character.

LMFAO. uk. Overeact much?

I was just making a very spot on observation about you being a pot calling a kettle black. Don't get your panties all twisted up.

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 9:06:14 AM

Yeah Drake real spot on.Go back and read the things I said then read what your accusing me of.Doesnt matter cause all this looks like is some whiny ass kid crying cause he lost with his sh!##y characters.

comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 9:30:20 AM

ukblueky wrote:
Yeah Drake real spot on.Go back and read the things I said then read what your accusing me of.Doesnt matter cause all this looks like is some whiny ass kid crying cause he lost with his sh!##y characters.

LMFAO!
And, Ukblueky becomes the first owner to actually lose his (banned) over a vote. It took a long time. Our first personal attack of the entire tournament, and it took til, what, fight 32 or something. BRAVO!