Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins in the Forest of Fangorn? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Mandarin 5 45%
Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) 6 54%

SHS 1, Fight 32 - Mandarin Vs Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) in Fangorn Forest Options
LadyJay
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 9:07:32 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 32
(Round 11, Fight 2)

Good evening everyone. b0baFett uses his home field advantage to keep us in Fangorn Forest for Fight 32.

The final fight in Round 11 will once again be someone's final battle in SHS 1. Burning Doom sends out the Justifier's last man, Mandarin, while b0bafett sends out the lone member remaining on his roster, Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark). Which one of these managers will move on to Round 12? We'll know the voter's decision this time tomorrow.

Wait a minute! Something's not right here!! Wasn't that tree on the other side of the path a minute ago? ...

(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)

Visiting Team: The Justifiers
Manager: Burning Doom (4–0-1–1–3 )
Fighter: MAndarin

VS.

Home Team: The No Names
Manager: b0bafett (2–0-1–2–3)
Fighter: Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark)

Environment: Fangorn Forest

Welcome to Middle Earth. You and your opponent materialize in the Forest of Fangorn, also known as Entwood. Watch your step and mind your tongue, rumor has it that some of the "trees" in the forest aren't what they seem. Paths through the forest may appear and disappear; and many an uwary traveller has found themselves tripping over roots or tangled in branches after uttering an unthinking word about their surroundings.

The environment is confined to the forest.

-----------------------------------------------

* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.

* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

As a reminder, here are the voting rules:

* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.

* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.

SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

LadyJay
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 9:08:42 PM

b0bafett wrote:
This will be a interesting fight. First let me start by saying neither of these guys know each other or their powers. So here is how I see this going down. Cassie has the speed to find Mandarin & also hit him before he even knows what happens. ( Cassie can move at supersonic speeds. She can move fast enough to not register in the normal peripheral range of humans and seemingly vanish and disappear at will. At this speed, her mind processes information at least on a subliminal level that she is aware of her surroundings.)
This will be a cat & mouse game in Cassie well win with her speed. Heck she could just lasso him before he even knew what hit him.

LadyJay
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 9:13:54 PM

Heads up to managers - There WILL be a fight on Thursday night. Who it is depends on the outcome of this fight. Be sure to check the schedule when it gets updated.

Round 12 will post Thursday and Saturday nights. The 1st semi-final fight will post on Monday.

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 9:27:01 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

For reference:

As Cassie attempts to use her super-speed, Mandarin uses his Spin ring to decelerate time around her. So no matter how fast she travels, she's traveling at a snail's pace to The Mandarin.

During this time that Cassie is moving at a snail's pace, The Mandarin will appear to her to be moving at super-speed.

It is during this opening that The Mandarin unleashes a salvo of heat blasts, electrical blasts, and concussive blasts that to Cassie's perception are pelting her as often as the rain pelts a person in a storm.

With this much overwhelming force attacking her, and no hope of fighting back as she moves at a much slower rate of time; this fight is won by The Mandarin.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 10:34:55 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Not sure the Ents in there will take kindly to Mandarin's power rings. I dont think they'd like the fire and ice powers at all so Mandy may have more than Cassie to worry about here.

Mandy gets beat by a lot of people. He has all that power but still gets beat down by some weaker fighters. Cassie has a shot of doing the same thing to Mandy that so many others have done.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:13:19 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Doom he knows nothing about het so by the time he figures out she is a speedster she has already tied him up or knock him out
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:13:48 AM

The_Ghost wrote:
Mandy gets beat by a lot of people. He has all that power but still gets beat down by some weaker fighters. Cassie has a shot of doing the same thing to Mandy that so many others have done.

Every single fight I've had with The Mandarin, you have brought this up, and they're not even your battles. It's as if you have some personal beef with The Mandarin. And each time I've proven that bad writing can happen to any longtime character and showed him beating Iron Man multiple times and controlling Fin Fang Foom as opposite examples.

Maybe you and Mandarin want to take it outside?

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:15:28 AM

b0bafett wrote:
Doom he knows nothing about het so by the time he figures out she is a speedster she has already tied him up or knock him out

He's not foreign to the idea of speedsters. This isn't his first walk in the park. He has taken on the Avengers who have characters like Quicksilver and Photon. He's gonna see her speeding around the forest and know exactly what's going on.

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:36:43 AM

Im sorry but there is noway he is able to see a speedster. Thats like saying you can see a bullet shot at you n we know you cant
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:40:56 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

My initial thought was Mandarin.

But two things have switched my mind.

1) Mandarin has NO idea he's up against a speedster, so he wouldnt know to counter it.

2) The ents. I agree with Ghost. The ENts would be a factor if Mandy started popping off high energy attacks.

Havent voted yet though, but now leaning Wonder Girl.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:16:40 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Im sorry but there is noway he is able to see a speedster. Thats like saying you can see a bullet shot at you n we know you cant

If he was new at this, I'd agree. Except he has experience dealing with speedster. They're not exactly invisible. Whenever we see speedsters in comics, there comes with it a colored blur, such as Flash's red blur or Superman's blue blur. Because of his experience against speedsters, as soon as he sees that blur, he's gonna know EXACTLY what's going on. As I said, this isn't his first rodeo.

icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:03:38 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

BurningDoom wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

If he was new at this, I'd agree. Except he has experience dealing with speedster. They're not exactly invisible. Whenever we see speedsters in comics, there comes with it a colored blur, such as Flash's red blur or Superman's blue blur. Because of his experience against speedsters, as soon as he sees that blur, he's gonna know EXACTLY what's going on. As I said, this isn't his first rodeo.

I'd like some more info, Doom. What experience? Which speedsters has he ever faced?

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:07:46 PM

but that's the thing doom he doesn't know he is fightin a speedster. By the time he see's this blur your talking about she would already have him tied up with her lasso or hit him & i think 1 punch is all she needs to take him out
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:19:27 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

That is a good point.

I have seen Vandal Savage (in the DC One Million storyline) recognize that a speedster was in the area by the sound she made. Mandarin may not be as experienced with speedsters as Savage, but he is a master fighter who, it is believable, would have trained to deal with speedsters.
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:26:52 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

BurningDoom wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:

Every single fight I've had with The Mandarin, you have brought this up, and they're not even your battles. It's as if you have some personal beef with The Mandarin. And each time I've proven that bad writing can happen to any longtime character and showed him beating Iron Man multiple times and controlling Fin Fang Foom as opposite examples.

Maybe you and Mandarin want to take it outside?

C'mon, Doom. You know I dont have a personal beef against Mandy or you. I'm just pointing out that Mandarin gets beat up by some characters that he should be mopping the floor with seeing how he has all those rings of power. Seems that Mandy doesn't use his rings wisely when he really needs to. If you can show some examples of Mandy using ALL those rings he has then maybe I would agree that he is capable of winning. However, I think the Ents would rain on his parade here. Remember how ticked off they were when their friends were chopped up and burned down. I dont think Mandy could handle an attack by Cassie and the Ents. He's going to have to use his powers very carefully in Fangorn. He and Cassie aren't aware the trees are actually intelligent, moving creatures, correct? What a shock that would be for both fighters.

Doom, you know that everyone is allowed to give their opinions on fights that aren't even their own. I believe you and I have both voiced our takes on battles that were not ours.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:43:29 PM

I have given the ents further thought and have decided they probably wouldn't be an edge for either fighter.

While they might be spurred to quicker action by Mandarins destruction. They don't take kindly to any unwanted intrusion. It is likely that they would want to expel both Cassie and Mandarin.
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:02:44 PM

Also something else to keep in mind Mandarin's rings are less effective on objects protected by forcefields.

Wonder girls Gauntlets are used to make a forcefield when needed

I think the ents would leave cassie alone since they would see that she is helping take out the Mandarin since he is hurting the forest

comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:12:18 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Also something else to keep in mind Mandarin's rings are less effective on objects protected by forcefields.

Wonder girls Gauntlets are used to make a forcefield when needed

I think the ents would leave cassie alone since they would see that she is helping take out the Mandarin since he is hurting the forest

I am not taking into account the cute and cuddly version of the Ents you see in the movie.

The Ents from the original Tolkien novels are far more dangerous and far less tolerant.
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:17:59 PM

Quote:
The Ents from the original Tolkien novels are far more dangerous and far less tolerant.

Well on that not I think her speed & strength will help her more here then Mandarin
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:29:23 PM

Haven't voted yet but leaning Mandarin again. Man, I've been back and forth on this fight.
trying not to be biased by the fact that I think Wonder Girl is a boring character.