Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins in the Forest of Fangorn? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Super-Skrull (Kl'rt) 7 46%
Superboy 8 53%

SHS 1 - Fight 34 Super-Skrull Vs Superboy in Fangorn Forest Options
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:12:10 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

b0bafett wrote:
Ok leaning super skrull here. Since he can shape shift to look like a ent & more then likely get there help with superboy

Not only does SuperSkrull have invisibilty at his disposal. He also is able to shape shift into any form (so, even infrared would not find him....the entire forest would show up in infrared and how would superboy know which squirrel is SuperSkrull?)

But...Kl'Rt has extensive military training, including espionage and stealth training. All skrulls go through this, especially those in the elite warrior classes.

Superboy would be overmatched, unable to even find him. He would be getting blasted by Thing-class blows, and Invisible constructs, at range, never seeing his opponent.
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:16:03 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

At least we haven't heard no bs about Nova-Flames here.... yet.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:35:00 PM

Groups: Member

Wow were back to the invisibilty beats Superboy argument.I thought I already debunked that.How is Super Skrull gonna hide from someone who can hear him breath from across the forest? Super Skrull shape shifts into one of the trees...Laughing thats silly.Fine let him think he fools Superboy with this pathetic tactic.Skrulls still puts off an aura that is completely different then the other trees.So while he thinks hes fooling his opponent Superboy is just shaking his head at how dumb his opponent is before he smashes in his face.

Oh as for the decades of comic proof fine we'll go that route and Superboy automatically wins because hes the hero.Super Skrull never beats any hero he faces.Theres decades of proof of his losses in comcs.

We are also back to comparing Superboy to Superman.Good lord people.How many times are you gonna beat that dead horse? Super Skrull isnt as powerful as Sentry but you dont see me making these pointless comparisions.All it is is a deflect tactic.

Why is it that people on here think they know more tham Marvels own bio site? A person posts something from the very comany that created tge character and he gets called a liar and that the site is wrong and stupid.I dont get it.That takes some balls to tell the creator hes dumb and you know more than they do.

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:44:13 PM

ukblueky wrote:
Wow were back to the invisibilty beats Superboy argument.I thought I already debunked that.How is Super Skrull gonna hide from someone who can hear him breath from across the forest? Super Skrull shape shifts into one of the trees...Laughing thats silly.Fine let him think he fools Superboy with this pathetic tactic.Skrulls still puts off an aura that is completely different then the other trees.So while he thinks hes fooling his opponent Superboy is just shaking his head at how dumb his opponent is before he smashes in his face.

Oh as for the decades of comic proof fine we'll go that route and Superboy automatically wins because hes the hero.Super Skrull never beats any hero he faces.Theres decades of proof of his losses in comcs.

We are also back to comparing Superboy to Superman.Good lord people.How many times are you gonna beat that dead horse? Super Skrull isnt as powerful as Sentry but you dont see me making these pointless comparisions.All it is is a deflect tactic.

Why is it that people on here think they know more tham Marvels own bio site? A person posts something from the very comany that created tge character and he gets called a liar and that the site is wrong and stupid.I dont get it.That takes some balls to tell the creator hes dumb and you know more than they do.

There is a lot of things breathing in the forest. There is a lot of things giving off heat in the forest too. And what is this "aura" you spoke of? What does that even mean? If superskrull changes into a squirrely, his heat signature and breathing patterns are a squirrel. even if they weren't, I was unaware that Superboy understood Skrull physiology well enough to recognize skrull breathing and differentiate between hundreds of living forest creaturs.

Noone's calling you A LIAR. Noone ever did. You keep saying people are accusing you of being a liar, but NOO NE EVER DID.

We're just pointing out the very commonsensical fact that you don't throw out decades of actual stories because of a one line entry in a wiki....which, by definition, if you didnt know, are infamous for being wrong (wiki's that is.)
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:48:35 PM

I have also proved that skrull using Things powers would be pointless.All Superboy has to do is touch the rock and he can disassemble it and then use it as a make shift nailbomb.
Also proved that skrull using Mr Fantastics stretch powers to wrap around him wouldnt do much good either.Superboy has a tk force blasts that is perfect in these instances.

Also I'm glad Drake is telling voters how my fighter is going to be fighting this round.Having him run around and smashing trees for no reason what so ever like some idiot.Sure Superboy doesnt know these trees are different than normal trees but neither does skrull, but Drake is giving rationales like skrull knows this.Cause Drake wants voters to think this.Well if ant fighter is going to figure this out first I can guarantee it will be Superboy.With his super vision and super hearing it probably wouldnt be too hard for him to realize that these arent normal trees.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:55:46 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

The way I see it is that as powerful as Super-Skrull is, he's not a Kryptonian. Kryptonians are the measuring stick all other character's power-levels are measured against. Superboy could plow through his force-shield like it's tissue paper, the Torch powers would tickle him, and Thing's strength while VERY impressive still is not at Kryptonian levels. Then you add the super-speed to all that and it's over for Super-Skrull.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:59:09 PM

Drake you seriously dont know what an aura is? Or is this another deflect tactic?
Do you not read your opponents bios before you spout off?
Superboy can block out all other sounds to listen for one specific sound.So it doesnt matter how much noise the forrest makes its not a problem for him.
He doesnt need to know the science of his opponent.Hes not an idiot, as your trying to make him out to be.When all the trees are putting off the same aura yet one is different its comkon sense that something is different with that tree or squirrel or rabbit ot whatever you want skrull to shape shift to.

As for the squirrel breathing and skrull breathing being the same.I'm fairly confident theyre not.I'm sure a skrulls lungs are different than a squirrels.They would have to be because a squirrel cannot breathe on all the planets that a skrull can.So one has to assume that the breathing would sound completely different.

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:21:29 PM

ukblueky wrote:
Drake you seriously dont know what an aura is? Or is this another deflect tactic?
Do you not read your opponents bios before you spout off?
Superboy can block out all other sounds to listen for one specific sound.So it doesnt matter how much noise the forrest makes its not a problem for him.
He doesnt need to know the science of his opponent.Hes not an idiot, as your trying to make him out to be.When all the trees are putting off the same aura yet one is different its comkon sense that something is different with that tree or squirrel or rabbit ot whatever you want skrull to shape shift to.

As for the squirrel breathing and skrull breathing being the same.I'm fairly confident theyre not.I'm sure a skrulls lungs are different than a squirrels.They would have to be because a squirrel cannot breathe on all the planets that a skrull can.So one has to assume that the breathing would sound completely different.

What are you talking about.

Superboy may not be an idiot, but he's darn close to one.

In the actual comics, Superboy charges into action wrecklessly and without much forthought. It's part of his actual character. He would most likely see nothing wrong with knocking over a few trees to win a battle. You know this, right?

As far as an aura. Again, Superboy has no idea whatsoever what a skrull is or what an ent is or what probably a dozen other things in fangorn forest are. No way he could know what to look for. It is equally likely he would be attacking an ent thinking it was his opponent.

I know what an aura is, but my question still remains. What are you talking about with Superboy recognizeing an aura?
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:24:04 PM

ukblueky wrote:
I have also proved that skrull using Things powers would be pointless.All Superboy has to do is touch the rock and he can disassemble it and then use it as a make shift nailbomb.
Also proved that skrull using Mr Fantastics stretch powers to wrap around him wouldnt do much good either.Superboy has a tk force blasts that is perfect in these instances.

Also I'm glad Drake is telling voters how my fighter is going to be fighting this round.Having him run around and smashing trees for no reason what so ever like some idiot.Sure Superboy doesnt know these trees are different than normal trees but neither does skrull, but Drake is giving rationales like skrull knows this.Cause Drake wants voters to think this.Well if ant fighter is going to figure this out first I can guarantee it will be Superboy.With his super vision and super hearing it probably wouldnt be too hard for him to realize that these arent normal trees.

I'm only using actual comic evidence to point out the most likely way that Superboy would act.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:30:24 PM

That look like someone who has absolute pinpint control of their powers?
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:41:05 PM

UK keeps wanting to make this matchup some kind of personal me versus him thing. He has typed my name more than either superboy or superskrull.

Dont let him do this.

This is a battle between a wreckless teenager who is not in full control of his powers and a battle hardened extremely well trained soldier with the abilities of the elite skrull cadre combined with that of all four members of the Fanastic Four...and, by the way, they are fighting in an environment where wrecklessness is gonna get you into all kinds of trouble with the denizens of the forest.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 4:20:01 PM

One other edge that SuperSkrull has is his ruthlessness and the fact he has one attack that no amount of invulnerability is proof against.

And that is the Invisible object blowing up inside your brain attack.

Kl'Rt could easily (He has actually been shown doing this in actual comics) project an invisible sphere inside Superboys head, and then have it expand...thereby blwing his brains all over Fangorn Forest, where his brains would then become fertilizer for the trees.

He doesn't need to bypass superstrength or invulnerability or tough skin or anything to do this. He can project the object directly in the brain.
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 4:46:28 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

It's interesting how super-speed is a major factor in deciding the winner of some matches (Wonder Girl), but selectively not, for other fights (Flash and in this case, Superboy). Must be a popularity contest after all.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:11:32 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

icarus201 wrote:
It's interesting how super-speed is a major factor in deciding the winner of some matches (Wonder Girl), but selectively not, for other fights (Flash and in this case, Superboy). Must be a popularity contest after all.

Oh you know it man!Shame on You

b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:45:57 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:

I think speed was brought up only once. Where I kind bring it up over & over. I'll be the first to say I was shocked to see Cassie made it pass Impy since there was so many ways he could've won that fight.

As for this fight I think between Superboy's strength & speed wins this for him. He pretty much would be moving so fast it would be like he stole skrull speed.

As for this being a popularity contest after all. I disagree since I don't know anyone here on these boards
The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:50:29 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

I think its funny how Superboy's speed is making him win this but Flash's speed was more of a problem for him than for Wonder Woman. You guys really think that its going to be easy for Superboy to fly or run through a forest full of huge trees that move from time to time. I really, really find that hard to swallow as well as it being easy for Superboy to use his super vision to find an invisible Super Skrull. That is a ridiculous claim because Sue Storm can evade such powers easily. Being invisible allows SS to hide in an already dense forest so Superboy is going to have one heck of a time trying to find him while invisible AND with a ton of obstacles in his way. Meanwhile, Super Skrull will attack WHILE invisible and from a distance. No matter how much UK tries to make SB seem invincible, he still needs air to breath. Super Skrull can cut off air supply to Superboy and even create a force field around his brain crushing it! We've showed photos of that happening and its still not convincing??? Really??????

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:59:48 PM

Sorry Ghost. I did my best.
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:05:18 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Flash would've went far but the environment of his last fight put him at a disadvantage while the environment was perfect for Metamorpho

If it was a different environment I would say Flash would still be fightin

The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:09:41 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

comicuniversity wrote:
Sorry Ghost. I did my best.

No worries, bro. I think you did a great job seeing how I was losing 5-2 when I left Phoenix. I'm now in New Mexico at a hotel and thought I'd throw in a final comment. Thanks for taking control of Super Skrull, Drake. I really appreciate it. Applause

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
LadyJay
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:38:41 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

Congratulations to Ukblueky on the win Applause Applause. As the only manager with 2 fighters left, Ukblueky is guaranteed a spot in the final fight. Before that, he will face b0bafett in the first semi-final match on Monday night.

If b0bafett wins on Monday, b0ba will face Ghost on Thursday night to determine which of them meets Ukblueky in the final.

If Ukblueky wins on Monday, he will face Ghost in the first Final on Thursday night. Should Ghost win that fight, the two will face off again on Saturday night.

I'll have the updated schedule posted shortly.