Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins at the Abandoned Arsenal? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Beta Ray Bill 8 61%
Superboy 5 38%

SHS1 Final 1 - Beta Ray Bill Vs Superboy on Pollepel Island Options
LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:41:07 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SuperHero Showdown 1 – Final Fight 1
(Fight 36)

Hello everyone and welcome to the 1st Final fight in SHS 1. The final two managers are Ukblueky and Ghost.

Ukblueky comes into the Finals with two fighters remianing. For tonight's fight, he's elected to send out Superboy, the last DC character in the tournament. If Uk wins tonight, the tournament is over and he'll claim the title.

Facing Ukblueky is Ghost, who sends out Beta Ray Bill, the last fighter left on his Roster. Ghost needs a win tonight to stay alive in the tournament and force a second Final fight on Saturday night.

Tonight's environment is Pollepel Island, also known as Bannerman's Island, in the Hudson River.

Important Note: - If tonight's fight should end in a tie, the SHS hosts have decided to let the online randomizer decide the winner.

Good Luck to both managers, Let the fireworks begin..

(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)

Visiting Team: The Vindicators
Manager: Ghost (4–0-1–0–4 )
Fighter: Beta Ray Bill

VS.

Home Team: The Unnamed
Manager: ukblueky (7–0-1–1–3)
Fighter: Superboy

Environment: Pollepel Island (aka Bannerman's Island)

The fighters materialize on Pollepel Island in the Hudson River (also known as Bannerman's Island). For the duration of the fight, the island is uninhabited except for the SHS fighters and the native wildlife (meaning there are no tourists or park employees on the Island). The entire Island and the sky above it are in play; the water surrounding the Island is out of bounds.

-----------------------------------------------

* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.

* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

As a reminder, here are the voting rules:

* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.

* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.

SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:43:07 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Hey, why does Bill get such a tiny picture??? lol

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:46:20 PM

I have to go to work very shortly but I wanted to point out a couple of things before any votes.

1. Superboy doesn't have total knowledge of his powers or how to use them. Beta Ray Bill is an EXPERIENCED warrior who knows how to use all his powers, abilities, and weaponry.

2. Kryptonians have a great weakness to MAGIC. Beta Ray Bill received his powers by magic and Stormbreaker was forged by Asgardian magic by Odin himself. This is a HUGE disadvantage for Superboy here.

3. Uk will probably bring up the super speed thing again but its pointless here. Beta Ray also has super speed. With Stormbreaker, Bill can fly at the speed of light which is probably faster than Superboy.

4. Heat vision and all that is not going to be able to penetrate Bill's force field which is created by Stormbreaker which is magical. Nothing Superboy can throw at Bill will get through that field.

Be back shortly with more.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:58:12 PM

Groups: Member

Not completely sure on this cause the only book with Superboy in it that I read is Teen Titans but isnt Superboy a clone? Does he have the weakness to magic that Superman has? If anyone has solid info about this please chime in because it could possibly have some impact on this fight.

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:58:29 PM

We all know the power of Beta Ray Bill. That he can fight for up to 4 days straight without getting tired, he has the ability to destroy moons and planets, and that he can withstand massive impacts at point blank range. IF Superboy somehow manages to hit Bill with heat vision, it will do no damage has it takes much more than that to injure him. Also, Bill thrives on heat so a blast of heat only helps Bill.

So, I will provide a link that shows everyone the awesome feats of Beta Ray Bill and you can see for yourselves that Superboy (who doesn't know how to use his powers) is extremely outmatched here.

Beta Ray Bill in action!

After seeing those pictures of Beta Ray in action...the logical choice is Bill for the win. No way can Superboy win here.

Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:01:25 PM

ukblueky wrote:
Not completely sure on this cause the only book with Superboy in it that I read is Teen Titans but isnt Superboy a clone? Does he have the weakness to magic that Superman has? If anyone has solid info about this please chime in because it could possibly have some impact on this fight.

Even if the boy is a clone, he'd still have the same weaknesses as Superman which is magic. Superboy just cannot win against Asgardian magic. Even IF Superboy didn't have that weakness he is still overpowered by the superior strength, experience, and power of Beta Ray and Stormbreaker.

Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:06:19 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

The_Ghost wrote:
ukblueky wrote:

Even if the boy is a clone, he'd still have the same weaknesses as Superman which is magic. Superboy just cannot win against Asgardian magic. Even IF Superboy didn't have that weakness he is still overpowered by the superior strength, experience, and power of Beta Ray and Stormbreaker.

Ouch! Yeah, big chink in the Kryptonian armor there. Doesn't look good for Superboy...

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:06:45 PM

The_Ghost wrote:
ukblueky wrote:

A clone wouldnt necessarily have the same weakness.Clones can be augmented to be different not just carbon copies.

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13:59 PM

What we have here is a boy who is unsure of his powers and how to use them and an experienced, cosmic warrior who knows exactly how to use his powers and carriers a superior weapon created by superior magic. Superboy hasn't gone up against the same kind of foes Bill has so that is advantage for Bill.

Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:17:02 PM

Just found out Bill is a cyborg.This means the cyborg part of him is defenseless to Superboys tk dissassemble powers.What is Bill gonna do with half or less of his body left after Superboy makes Bill's metal body turn to dust? This battle is not as easy for Bill as Ghost wants you voters to believe.Also remember regular Skrulls imprisoned Bill.So he's not undefeatable just harder than most heroes to knock out.

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:17:26 PM

Superboy will smear his guts everywhere
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:18:17 PM

Don, you know Bill can fly at the speed of light? That is faster than Superboy could fly. Also, Superboy has no defense against Stormbreaker and will not be able to take it away from Bill.

Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:19:42 PM

Doc can you believe we're in the finals? I'm stoked how 'bout you?

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:21:18 PM

Bill will call down the lightning and slam Superboy with it. Bill can manipulate the weather which would make it very difficult for SB to fly. Bill will bury SB here and the pics in the link I've provided show how that is possible.

Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:22:45 PM

ukblueky wrote:
Doc can you believe we're in the finals? I'm stoked how 'bout you?

Yeah, its pretty cool, UK. I think we've both done well, bro.

Nerd Nation
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:27:29 PM

Superboy will slam his hands together "hulk style" and crush bills head and make it go pop...fight finished!
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:27:54 PM

Behold the power of Stormbreaker! Taking out multiple foes with one blow!

Taking down Galactus...

Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:28:35 PM

Superboy has his tk force field and tk force blasts that will make it really difficult for Bill to hit Superboy with his fists or the hammer.

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:29:48 PM

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:

Take that comment and then look at the pics of Beta Ray Bill that I've provided and then think logically on who will be smearing guts everywhere.

Nerd Nation
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:32:18 PM

The_Ghost wrote:
CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:

Take that comment and then look at the pics of Beta Ray Bill that I've provided and then think logically on who will be smearing guts everywhere.

its like that scene when the smoke clears Superboy will be standing there with a smirk on his face, and maybe even laugh a lil and say really? and show him up something fierce!