Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins Under the Dome? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Storm Goddess Of Thunder (Earth 1027) 6 40%
Beta Ray Bill 9 60%

SHS 1, Final 2 - Storm Goddess of Thunder Vs. Beta Ray Bill in the Superdome Options
LadyJay
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:52:14 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SuperHero Showdown 1 – Final Fight 2(Fight 38)

Well follks, tonight's the night that decides it all. We're down to the final two managers and final two fighters of SuperHero Showdown 1. The manger who wins this fight will be named tournament champion.

As most of you know, the tournament power cap was Thor/Wonder Woman. While those two characters are long gone, tonight's contestants are a fitting match up for the grande finale.

What better wetting for the final fight of SUPER-Hero Showdow than a SUPER-Dome that's hosted many other champion events, includeing many SUPER-Bowls. That's right, tonight's environment is the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Ukblueky's, heavy hitter, Storm, the Goddess of Thunder from Earth 1027 makes her appearance at one end of the stadium. At the other end of the stadium, Ghost's "main man" Beta Ray Bill pops onto the field. Managers and fighters are all aware of what's at stake here, honor, glory...and, most importantly, bragging rights.

Important Note: - If tonight's fight should end in a tie, I will repost it on Monday Night with a different environment. If the re-match also ends in a tie the winner will be chosen by the online randomizer.

Best of luck to both managers. Now take your places everyone. At the sound of the whistle, come out fighting and may the best Thunder God or Goddess win...

(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)

Visiting Team: The Unnamed
Manager: ukblueky (7–0-1–1–4)
Fighter: Storm Goddess of Thunder (Earth 1027)

VS.

Home Team: The Vindicators
Manager: Ghost (5–0-1–0–4 )
Fighter: Beta Ray Bill

Environment: Superdome

What better location for the SHS 1 Final Fight than the home of so many championship events, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. The College Game should be over by the time the Fight starts; you can expect the usual maintenance, security and administrative personnel for a Saturday Night and Sunday with no events planned.

-----------------------------------------------

* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.

* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

As a reminder, here are the voting rules:

* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.

* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.

SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:09:36 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

First I would like to thank everyone who helped Beta Ray Bill get to the final battle of Superhero Showdown 1. Its been a long but fun road and I feel honored to be here going up Ukblueky who has done one heck of a job to get here as well.
Also like to thank Lady Jay, Jim, and Valiant One for setting this tourney set up and letting me take part as a team manager. They've done a great job with this so I tip my hat to them as well. Applause

Now its time for Beta Ray Bill to start whooping up on Storm in the Superdome. I have to work tonight but I'll get as many posts as I can put up before leaving. Its hammer time, folks! Devil

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:20:27 PM

As I've done in past matches with Beta Ray Bill, here is a link for all of you to click on to see Bill's amazing feats. His power is awesome, his will power is amazing. He fights for days before feeling the the least bit tired. He does not give up even against impossible odds. He's beaten Surtur, Thor, Frost Giants, Galactus and his heralds, Odin, and some heavy hitters right here in this tourney.

Here is the link you need to click on to see Bill in action...

Beta Ray Bill in action pictures!

Remember that Storm is a weather goddess. Beta Ray Bill along with Stormbreaker can manipulate and control the weather so he is able to manipulate and control Storm's ability to control that weather. If she uses those powers they will simply backfire on her.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:26:32 PM

Beta Ray can withstand MASSIVE amounts of energy blasts even at point blank range without a scratch. If Storm uses her hammer to attack Bill with lightning, he wont be damaged as his shielding would protect him. Even if hit by lightning it wont hurt him. Bill and Stormbreaker create massive amounts of lightning themselves which they will use to pummel Storm.

Nerd Nation
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:49:59 PM

Groups: Member

when the levy breaks.....

this would be the mother of all storms with these two.

Collateral Damage x 1,000,000,000

The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:00:09 PM

Bill will make quick work of Storm and then go make sure the levies are safe. Big Grin

Nerd Nation
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:54:55 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

The dome is fixed in place and there are still staff on the grounds. These circumstances should affect both fighters cutting loose with the full ferocity of their powers.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:12:48 AM

Well, Beta Ray Bill has been known to accept the loss of innocent people in battle if there is no other choice but Bill can direct firepower from Stormbreaker directly at his enemy. Its not like Bill has to fill the dome with wild bolts of lightning to hit his target. If you look at the pics of Beta Ray, you can see energy blasts coming from Stormbreaker directly hitting his enemy. When this happens, any maintenance, security, or whoever else may be in the dome will be unharmed.

Nerd Nation
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:21:20 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

The_Ghost wrote:
Well, Beta Ray Bill has been known to accept the loss of innocent people in battle if there is no other choice but Bill can direct firepower from Stormbreaker directly at his enemy. Its not like Bill has to fill the dome with wild bolts of lightning to hit his target. If you look at the pics of Beta Ray, you can see energy blasts coming from Stormbreaker directly hitting his enemy. When this happens, any maintenance, security, or whoever else may be in the dome will be unharmed.

Here's the conundrum: Bill's facing an opponent with similar powers, who might be immune to anything he throws out. Does he increase his power output to subdue Storm, at the risk of bystanders, or not?

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:41:36 AM

Icky, I believe you under estimate Bill. He's a warrior who has come up against bigger threats than Storm. He's used Mjolnir (sp) and could actually rip Storm's hammer from her.

To answer your question, if it came down to it that Bill could only win by putting a couple humans in danger then yes he would do that. He's been in wars and understands that innocent people die in wars. On the other hand, Bill could create a force field around those people who haven't fled from the battle and that would protect them while Bill takes out Storm.

Nerd Nation
LadyJay
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:57:37 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

Hate to miss all this guys, but I probably won't be back to check in on things until the end of the fight. Gonna go play at Disney with the girls, while my hubby and everyone else back home batters down for the storm, Devil Big Grin

I was working on 2 hours of sleep when I posted this last night & I'm not sure I remembered to set the timer for the fight. Just in case I forgot (& if I'm not back by then) the official end time for the fight is 9:52:14 PM Central Time (10:15:14 PM Eastern, 8:15:14 PM Mountain, 7:52:14 PM Pacific & Arizona (Sorry Icky, my brain's not awake enough to do the calculations for the time on the other side of the Pond)).

As I said in my opening post, Best of Luck to both Ukblueky and Ghost.

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:59:50 AM

If we are talking about control over their powers then we must discuss Storm.She is the ultimate weapon in regards to that.She could have a hurricane solely focused on Bill while any bystanders wouldnt get a drop of water on them.

I dont believe any of Bills weather attacks would have any affect on her.Of course Storms lightning probably wont have much effect on Bill.

Now seperated from her hammer Storm is still Storm.It will have no bearing on her powers in the slghtest.Bill on the other hand though can be transformed into a human body with no powers.Ghost please chime in on this because I am just going by Bills bio on that.How does an alien have a human body? That doesnt make alot of sense to me but like I said I'm just trying to go by his bio.Not trying to say anything thats not accurate.

This fight Storm will whip up a powerful hurricane, which as mentioned earlier will not affect any bystanders.Then during that process she is also drastically lowering the temperature around Bill to that of an ice age.Now I know this in itself will not fully stop Bill but it will slow him down eniugh for Storm to get Bills hammer away from him and turn him into his human body.Once that happens the match is as good as over.

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:08:34 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

As much as Uk and i have bickered......I would have to agree on one thing.....Storm has more pinpoint control of her abilities than Bill does (if THIS Storm is equal to the real one).

Bill seems to be kind of an all out throw all his energy around kinda unfocused Hulkamaniac moment type of fighter. That's fine in space or on an asteroid, but here, that would hamper him.

Of course, Storm's just a woman right. Bill has all kinds of natural resistances and strengths that llow him to withstand massive damage. Strom could be knocked out by a falling ceiling panel if she didnt see it coming right?
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:16:13 AM

Doc it is a honor and privilege to square off against you in the finals.Congrats on your first victory over Superboy.Of course I'm hopeful that this fight will have different results Big Grin .Either way it has been fun, the tournament I mean, and I couldnt think of anyone else I'd rather lose to....well that is if it happens Laughing .All in all best of luck Doc.

The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:18:47 AM

What you are forgetting is that Bill can manipulate the weather thereby manipulating Storm's powers over the weather. Storm's weather control would have no affect on Beta Ray Bill.

Drake, Bill can create wild attacks that would totally consume the dome or pinpoint attacks as seen in the pictures from the link. He can generate energy blasts that would directly hit Storm head on.

It's doubtful that Storm could get Stormbreaker out of Bill's hand considering his strength. However, Bill could use his pinpoint accuracy to fire a blast of energy at Storm's hand causing her to release her hammer. Bill's blast could actually severe Storm's hand with such a blast. Storm does not have the same amount of strength that Bill has. Beta Ray Bill can destroy moons with his bare fists. That is a lot of freakin' strength, kids.

Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:21:59 AM

comicuniversity wrote:
As much as Uk and i have bickered......I would have to agree on one thing.....Storm has more pinpoint control of her abilities than Bill does (if THIS Storm is equal to the real one).

Bill seems to be kind of an all out throw all his energy around kinda unfocused Hulkamaniac moment type of fighter. That's fine in space or on an asteroid, but here, that would hamper him.

Of course, Storm's just a woman right. Bill has all kinds of natural resistances and strengths that llow him to withstand massive damage. Strom could be knocked out by a falling ceiling panel if she didnt see it coming right?

This Storm is equal to the 616 Storm just with Tarenes hammer and a bad attitude towards humans.
If I was a woman I might take offense to your "Storm is just a woman." comment.Implying that she is weak, frail, and couldn't possibly beat a guy.Shame on you Drake.Shame on You Devil

The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:22:56 AM

Stormbreaker can form a powerful shield around Bill. No ice storm is going to stop Bill when he can create powerful heat from lightning and energy blasts.

Um...how is a hurricane in a dome not going to affect the bystanders? The dome is big but you have no idea where the people are standing. Same goes for the cold tempatures. Both will affect any humans who are nearby.

Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:31:06 AM

Is it possible that Storm could bring down an extremely powerful bolt of lightning that fries the cyborg side of Bill? Dont know, just posing the question.

I dont think Bill could manipulate Storms weather control.She is a weather master, where Bill is not.If anything I think she would manipulate his weather powers.

It is a very plausible scenario for Storm to knock Bills hammer away from him.With her powers over wind, gravity pressure to add to her swinging her hammer at Bill's hand holding his hammer.She's not trying to kill him or knock him out,which she probably couldnt do, shes just knocking the hammer out of his hands.

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:36:10 AM

[quote=The_Ghost]

Um...how is a hurricane in a dome not going to affect the bystanders? The dome is big but you have no idea where the people are standing. Same goes for the cold tempatures. Both will affect any humans who are nearby.[/quote

This is where my tons of X-Men reading comes in.Storm can pinpoint her weather powers to a specific area, even very small ones, without affecting any surrounding area.Her weather powers and control are without equal my friend.This is why I always pick her for these things.

The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:37:29 AM

Storm would have a difficult time getting through that Asgardian shield. That shield can withstand a heck of a lot of firepower.

Beta Ray can fly at the speed of light. He would have Stormbreaker smashing into Storm's face before she even knows where he is.

Again, Bill has destroyed moons and planets. It takes a lot of strength to do that and we've seen him do it in those pics. Storm is not capable of that with or without a hammer. If she is then I'd like to see pics of that.

Nerd Nation