Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Night of the Living Dead Aftermath #1 Variants Options
SirJeff
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:59:08 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Hello all,

I'm trying to enter the issue of Night of the Living Dead: Aftermath #1 into my collection but it only has the cover for the wraparound and not for the standard issue. How do I got about getting the correct cover into the system to complete my entry?

I'm new and trying to figure out the finer points of CCL. Great program by the way.

Thanks for any hints you would be willing to pass on

Sir Jeff
padreglcc
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 9:24:50 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Hey, Sir Jeff. Welcome to CCL. We're glad to have you aboard. The CCL database is completely generated by volunteers and users like you adding information, so I'll do my best to give you good instructions. If you have any question feel free to ask them here or seen me a message using CCL's Private Message system.

To add a variant using the website, go to the issue that is already in the database. As you look at that entry, you'll see 2 icons in the upper right hand corner of the entry. One looks like a notepad with a pencil on it and the other looks like a notepat with a green plus symbol. The pencil icon lets you edit that database entry. The plus symbol lets you enter a variant.

When you click on the plus symbol, you'll need to submit an image. The information such as sale date, credits, bio, etc., will be autofilled from the already existing entry (assuming it's there). Please be sure to edit any pertinent info, especially including the "Caption" line. The caption should reflect what's unique about the variant you're adding - ie "Black & White Cover" or "1:25 Cover" (for incentives) or even "'Cover Artist's Name' Cover" when the cover artist on the variant is different from the main cover.

Once you've submitted the variant, one of the site Approvers will take a look at it. If there are other changes that need to be made, we'll suggest them. If we have questions, we'll ask them. So be sure to check back with your Change Request if we don't approve it in a day or so.

Two other things to bear in mind: 1) All the Approvers are volunteers, so we aren't always around all the time. Please be patient if we don't get back to you right away. 2) You may want to check out the Change Request Guidelines for more information on how to do CRs and you also might want to look at the first entry in this thread for info on how to do captions.

Again, welcome to CCL, and thanking for wanting to help us make the database the most complete comic book resource on the web.

Jeremiah

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 9:46:00 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

padreglcc wrote:
Two other things to bear in mind: 1) All the Approvers are volunteers, so we aren't always around all the time. Please be patient if we don't get back to you right away.

Quoting this because I'm the approver that adds all the Avatar books every Monday, but I've been hurricane recovering and then out of town for the last week for a family wedding and didn't get to them the last two weeks.

I've added the Night of the Living Dead: Aftermath variants tonight and will (hopefully) get to the rest of the Avatar releases tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and welcome aboard!

-Dan

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
yourplace2
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 8:10:46 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
Two other things to bear in mind: 1) All the Approvers are volunteers, so we aren't always around all the time. Please be patient if we don't get back to you right away.

Quoting this because I'm the approver that adds all the Avatar books every Monday, but I've been hurricane recovering and then out of town for the last week for a family wedding and didn't get to them the last two weeks.

I've added the Night of the Living Dead: Aftermath variants tonight and will (hopefully) get to the rest of the Avatar releases tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and welcome aboard!

-Dan

SWIFTMAN, you have way to many points! LOL.. There should be a way to use them to buy CCL stuff.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.