Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
DYNAMIC FORCES COMICS SEALED BAG STICKERS Options
yourplace2
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:20:58 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Many times I have gotten DYNAMIC FORCES Variants over time, and the books are usually very well kept and in NEAR MINT or better, but the bags that they come in however, have been beaten up over time. The thing is, you can't take the comic out and put it in a new bag because the stickers that came with them from DYNAMIC FORCes WOULD BE DESTROYED.

Part of me says, "Well, it's the comic that is of value.", but then I think, well, I'd really like to have the sticker and bag and comic all as they originally came.

Maybe I asked this before, but Does anyone know where to get stickers? Is it possible from DF to geth them? Anyone ever try this before? I looked on their website for them, but did not find anything.

The WIZARD books too, except it is the bags that get beat up. I'd like to find more genuine WIZARD SLEAVES somehow.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:24:04 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

yourplace2 wrote:
you can't take the comic out and put it in a new bag because the stickers that came with them from DYNAMIC FORCes WOULD BE DESTROYED.

I've opened and read a lot of my DF books. The sticker has never been destroyed. If you open it carefully, it's not even noticeable.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
yourplace2
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:28:44 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:

I've opened and read a lot of my DF books. The sticker has never been destroyed. If you open it carefully, it's not even noticeable.

Yes, I know. I have succeeded on some, but still, I'd like to be able to change the baq, and put a fresh sticker on them.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

scotteaves
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 10:56:47 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

I've had older DF issues that the foil actually separates from the clear cover of the sticker when trying to open them. I think most collectors understand the need to change bags/boards over time and wouldn't be upset with a missing foil sticker. It's the COA that would be more important, IMO.

I have no clue where to get them from and I doubt DF would sell them. That would make it way too easy for folks to counterfeit DF issues.

By the way, please stop using ALL CAPS for the subject lines of your forum threads. It's unnecessary and generally considered bad etiquette on Forums. Thanks.

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 11:21:32 AM

Groups: Member

I actually asked Jeff over at DF about this once before and it was a no go, they wont sell just the stickers for obvious reasons. At one time I was a huge huge DF spiderman collector and have over 400 Spidey DF comics, with about 100 of them being the #1 COA. Like you the bags tend to be on the junky side and sometime stickers are ruined. So what i would do is search ebay for DF comics (lowest price shipped). Usually I could find a seller trying to unload 5-6 really bad df books for $1 a piece and I would buy them up and use those stickers. This way I could put my comics in brand new (proper) bags and replace missing or worn stickers.

I am in the process of selling my entire DF collection and honestly like Scott said I don't think many sellers would really care if the sticker is missing as long as comic has COA. I just did it because I am anal about my collection, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

wpmcclure
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:52:56 AM

Groups: Member

I've had to replace the bags as well for mylar and have run into the same problem. Solution I found was to use a hair dryer at the lowest setting on the sticker keeping your distance as needed to heat the adhesive; works every time. Above all it requires patience...Cool