Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Does this one need retitling? Options
monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:32:40 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

It seems to be titles based on the covers title that doesn't appear in the indica but the indica isn't laid out traditionally either.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:52:27 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

If this is consistent throughout the series, definitely.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:13:28 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Maybe I'm missing it, but what is the title of the book? Is it "Teen Comics"? From what I see that looks more like the publisher as it states that "Teen Comics is a division of Personality Comics". That would be like saying Superman is a division of DC comics. If the title of the comic isn't listed in this title page/indicia then we should use the title on the cover, whatever that is.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:22:41 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The title is between the printing and the part you mentioned, "..a division of.."

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:55:59 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
Maybe I'm missing it, but what is the title of the book? Is it "Teen Comics"? From what I see that looks more like the publisher as it states that "Teen Comics is a division of Personality Comics". That would be like saying Superman is a division of DC comics. If the title of the comic isn't listed in this title page/indicia then we should use the title on the cover, whatever that is.

No, you're not missing it. It would have been helpful if the post had included such pertinent information as to what database entry was in question and what the actual title was thought to be.

LadyJay
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:10:25 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

scotteaves wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

No, you're not missing it. It would have been helpful if the post had included such pertinent information as to what database entry was in question and what the actual title was thought to be.

It would definitely help to have that information. It's kind of hard to comment on the initial question without it.

comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:27:26 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
The title is between the printing and the part you mentioned, "..a division of.."
Is it? It's kind of like calling Vertigo a title because it's a division of DC comics.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:38:31 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Is it? It's kind of like calling Vertigo a title because it's a division of DC comics.

Except that this is some cheesy crap that is actually called Teen Comics.

comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:12:24 PM

Shop at My Store

scotteaves wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Oh, I get it...it's another stupid publisher.

monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:53:33 PM

Shop at My Store

Sorry, I wasn't trying to start a problem. I figured it was kinda obvious it was originally listed as Personality Comics Presents Teen Comics plus in that millionaire game show they say not to sway the audience by telling them what you think before polling them. I kinda thought we could look at the indica and know what the title should be before we went to look at it in the database to see if it's what we thought it should be.

I thought the big words TEEN COMIC looked like the title the indica was trying to go by and it's repeated again on the back cover.
"Coming Next Month From Teen Comics "

Here's the front cover and even here it kinda looks like Teen Comics is written overtop of Personality Comics Presents. Notice the letter n in personality is almost completely obscured.The big O in the big word comics is almost taking out two letters in the small word comics.

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:47:52 PM

comicscastle wrote:
scotteaves wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Oh, I get it...it's another stupid publisher.

Yeppers.

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:53:17 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to start a problem. I figured it was kinda obvious it was originally listed as Personality Comics Presents Teen Comics plus in that millionaire game show they say not to sway the audience by telling them what you think before polling them. I kinda thought we could look at the indica and know what the title should be before we went to look at it in the database to see if it's what we thought it should be.

I thought the big words TEEN COMIC looked like the title the indica was trying to go by and it's repeated again on the back cover.
"Coming Next Month From Teen Comics "

Here's where the problems lie: there really isn't a true indicia (which you stated correctly in the first post) and it is a bit confusing to see both a title and what, at minimum, appears to be an imprint sharing the same name of Teen Comics.

That "Coming Next Month From Teen Comics" makes it sound like a publisher. If it said "Coming Next Month IN Teen Comics" it would sound more like a title. Yet another tiny little goofy publisher who can't use proper grammar.

I would agree that, like SwiftMann said, if all the issues say "Teen Comics" on the inside then that should be the title in the database.

monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:46:00 PM

Shop at My Store

I can vouch for issue #1 which is what I believe we generally start titles with and change them to something else with a seperate listing if the others don't match further down the numerics. I've got a whole buncha X I could get you cover scans of for reference or maybe some Cloak and Dagger titles for a change of pace. Big Grin I just finished reading issue 221 of an X-men title that's on it's forth indica name flip-flop. My understanding is they actually stopped at around issue 275 to start all over again at 1 which I believe means they'll flop back again in time to have an issue #300 saleabration. Dancing

I'm also starting to wonder if this artist was really trying to draw Shannen Doherty or secretly thinking about a young Roseanne Barr.