Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poison Elves Returns!!!! Options
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:17:47 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

One of my favorite comic books is coming back! I loved Poison Elves by Drew Hayes. Drew's death at such a young age was a tragedy and I was sorry that his story never got finished. Poison Elves is the series that introduced me to comics beyond the Big 2 back in college. With the announcement from Ape Entertainment (see below) that their new Outlaw imprint is picking up the series with the blessing of Drew's family right where the story left off, I am elated. I hope the new creative team will do Drew's work justice.

Quote:

APE ENTERTAINMENT TO PUBLISH POISON ELVES SERIES

SAN DIEGO, CA – December 10th, 2012 – Ape Entertainment, in partnership with Sirius Entertainment, is proud to announce a new POISON ELVES on-going series as the flagship title of Ape Entertainment’s soon to be launched mature readers label. The new POISON ELVES series is not a spin-off, side story or ‘What-If’. This is a continuation of the DREW HAYES POISON ELVES SERIES which ended, essentially, with issue #79 published before Mr. Hayes passed away on March 21st, 2007.

Ape Entertainment is well aware of the thousands of fans of POISON ELVES who loved its’ creator, Drew Hayes, just as much as they loved his creation. Ape Entertainment understands the gravity of what we are attempting and we have done everything in our power to make sure we are staying true to the heart of the original series.

The creative team behind this series is comprised of people with an intimate understanding of not only the material Mr. Hayes produced but of the man himself. Through exhaustive research of the existing material and with the extensive notes Mr. Hayes left behind for continuation and completion of his epic series, we are creating new works that are absolutely going to thrill readers, new and old.

“Drew Hayes’ Poison Elves comic series was one of the biggest influences in my decision to become a comic book professional,” said David Hedgecock, CEO of Ape Entertainment. “This book is one small way for me to say ‘thank you’ to Mr. Hayes and to the legacy he left behind.”

DREW HAYES’ POISON ELVES hits the comic shop shelves on March 20th, 2013. The first issue is 32 pages of glorious black & white comic book art and story, featuring covers by Darick Robertson, Terry Moore, and interior artist, Osvaldo Montpeller. The cover price will be $2.99.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:09:50 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Okay, so after having read issue #1, I have to say that I'm impressed. While it's obvious that Drew is not on the book anymore, the new creative team (who were very close with Drew and closely associated with the original book), are doing a great job keeping the tone of the characters true. They story is going to evolve in a new direction, but it also looks like they will eventually tie up some loose ends from old story. I'm super excited to see where Rob and co. take Lusipher in the future.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.