Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Who Beat the Hulk? Options
grandpa
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 2:47:46 PM

Groups: Member

Who Beat the Hulk?

The Hulk is wreaking vengeful havoc right now, but he has lost fights with a lot of Marvel heroes over the years. Which heroes and which teams of heroes have beaten the Hulk? Give names also issue numbers.

Just to get things started:

Iron Man beat Hulk in Iron Man #132. Knocked the Hulk completely unconscious with one amped-up punch that completely drained the Iron Man armor.

The Fantastic Four beat Hulk in Fantastic Four #167. Sue Richards encased his head in a small force field, so Hulk eventually ran out of air and fell unconscious while battling the rest of the team.

Hawkeye and Black Panther beat the Hulk in Avengers Annual #2. Black Panther dodged around a lot to avoid getting smashed by Hulk, while Hawkeye fought Iron Man. After Hawkeye dispatched Iron Man, he fired a knockout gas arrow at the Hulk, causing him to fall unconscious and revert to Banner.

Batman defeated the Hulk during their weird crossover back in the mid-70s. Batman through a gas grenade at the Hulk, then kicked him the solar plexus (!!!!) to cause Hulk to inhale the gas deeply. Hulk fell unconscious.

Havok defeated the Hulk in Incredible Hulk #150. This was a pretty impressive win in that it happened in Hulk's own comic. Havok doesn't even appear on the cover, possibly because he was embarrassed to be seen in public in that eggbeater

http://www.thecomiccrypt.com/

epcomics
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 3:02:32 PM

I think the Majority of those battles were Bull:

Iron Man- Okay, maybe.

Fantastic Four- Sue has tried this before...I think it was FF #25 or 26... and it did not work.

Hawkeye and Black Panther- The Hulk can hold his breath for Days and even if he did inhale, his healing factor would render the Gas un effective.

Batman- Batman can punch the Hulk anywhere he wants, and he still lacks the power to make Hulk blink.

Havok- His puny blast might hurt the Hulk for a second, but his healing factor would keep him coming.

www.jordanhackett.org

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 3:08:53 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Puny humans cant smash Hulk! Hulk too smart and Hulk too strong! Hulk smash puny humans! Then Hulk eat up Iron Man!

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Capekiller
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:58:33 PM

Doom beat Hulk in FF 320.
Wolverine stopped just before decapitating Hulk. Wolverine 145 (Wolverine as Death!)

first_citizenx
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 10:22:42 PM

It should be noted that in Avengers Annual 2, Hawkeye and the Black Panther fought an Iron Man and Hulk fron an alternate reality...it wasn't the mainstream 616 Hulk.
Also, the Batman/Hulk crossover was an alternate reality as well. Count it if you would like to I suppose...
As for the fights, in Incredible Hulk 300, the Avengers and Doctor Strange (barely) managed to defeat the Hulk by sending him adrift in some alternate dimension. And the Thing beat the Hulk in FF 350 while the Thing was rocky with spikes and the Hulk was grey.
demented_taylor
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:13:15 AM

DrFate wrote:
Puny humans cant smash Hulk! Hulk too smart and Hulk too strong! Hulk smash puny humans! Then Hulk eat up Iron Man!

yey someone else thinks like me. hulk eat iron man. hulk got iron deficiencies must take supplements.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 1:08:08 AM

epcomics wrote:
I think the Majority of those battles were Bull:

Iron Man- Okay, maybe.

Fantastic Four- Sue has tried this before...I think it was FF #25 or 26... and it did not work.

Hawkeye and Black Panther- The Hulk can hold his breath for Days and even if he did inhale, his healing factor would render the Gas un effective.

Batman- Batman can punch the Hulk anywhere he wants, and he still lacks the power to make Hulk blink.

Havok- His puny blast might hurt the Hulk for a second, but his healing factor would keep him coming.

agreed. plus now hulk is more (banned) off than ever and knows how to control his anger to be used as a weapon. AND he has his warbound. point is.. hulk is more powerful than ever and wants to hurt people so yeah. hopfully he set the MU right.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Savage1
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 8:30:15 PM

The Hulk has always been almost unstopable. In his current state it could take one of the Galaxy greats to stop him.

I still think Thor will play a part, but by himself he has never had much luck stopping him.

"Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleming cities, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.
"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweeled thrones of teh Earth under his sandaled feet."
---- The Nemedian Chronicles

The_Ghost
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:39:23 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Didnt Spideman knock him into orbit back when Spidey had the power of Captain Universe? Does that count as beating the Hulk?

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
VaDMoore757
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 12:44:25 PM

grandpa wrote:
Who Beat the Hulk?

The Hulk is wreaking vengeful havoc right now, but he has lost fights with a lot of Marvel heroes over the years. Which heroes and which teams of heroes have beaten the Hulk? Give names also issue numbers.

Just to get things started:

Iron Man beat Hulk in Iron Man #132. Knocked the Hulk completely unconscious with one amped-up punch that completely drained the Iron Man armor.

The Fantastic Four beat Hulk in Fantastic Four #167. Sue Richards encased his head in a small force field, so Hulk eventually ran out of air and fell unconscious while battling the rest of the team.

Hawkeye and Black Panther beat the Hulk in Avengers Annual #2. Black Panther dodged around a lot to avoid getting smashed by Hulk, while Hawkeye fought Iron Man. After Hawkeye dispatched Iron Man, he fired a knockout gas arrow at the Hulk, causing him to fall unconscious and revert to Banner.

Batman defeated the Hulk during their weird crossover back in the mid-70s. Batman through a gas grenade at the Hulk, then kicked him the solar plexus (!!!!) to cause Hulk to inhale the gas deeply. Hulk fell unconscious.

Havok defeated the Hulk in Incredible Hulk #150. This was a pretty impressive win in that it happened in Hulk's own comic. Havok doesn't even appear on the cover, possibly because he was embarrassed to be seen in public in that eggbeater

agreed. I'm not sure about this but maybe you seasoned veterans could elaborate on this...I could've swarn I had a comic when I was younger that had Juggernaut beating the Hulk. Any truth to that? And I'm almost 100% sure that the Void (Sentry alter ego) beat the Hulk by breaking every bone in his body. And in that comic the only thing that kept him alive was his healing factor.

Countdown #31 when Jimmy Olsen was being analyzed by Cadmus:

Dr. Sterling Roquette: Just kick back and, as Mr. Cannon here so eloquently put it, relax. Let the AMBIENT NUCLEAR ULTRA-SPECTROGRAPH do its thing.
Jimmy Olsen: Why don't you guys just use an acronym?
Dr. Sterling Roquette: You think about that.

My Pull List

Marvel
Astonishing X-Men, X-Men, New X-Men, X-Factor, Uncanny X-Men, Cable & Deadpool, Black Panther, Runaways, Ironman, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Initiative, New Avengers, Thor, Moon Knight, Amazing Spider-Girl, Nova, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man

DC
All Star Batman & Robin, Justice League of America, Flash, Supergirl, All Star Superman

Other Publishers
Midnighter, The Authority, Wetworks, Devi, Gen13, Madame Mirage

JRaup
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:18:02 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Who will beat the Hulk? Rick Jones.
Doc Strange got his hands broken by the green meanie.
IM got his block knocked off.
The FF? So much dea weight on the ground.
The X-men, even with Wolverine? Not happening folks.

No it will be Rick Jones. Mark my words! The prophet has spoken!

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
roguesquad
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:57:23 PM

Just finished WWH #3 and they make it seem like the Sentry will be ending this conflict. I hope thats not the case because that would be too predictable. maybe it will be Rick Jones.. ? It would be interesting to see how he does!

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
silversurfer1
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 9:04:10 AM

The hulk has lost lots of times such as in Incedible Hulk 250 where the Surfer dominated him and could revert him to Bruce Banner whenever he wanted. Silver Surfer also toyed with in Silver Surfer 125 and could have killed him whenever he liked but was trying to find out his current situation. In ghost rider 10 (volume 3) he was beaten by the Johnny Blaze/Zarathos Ghost Rider. As recently as Fallen Son #4 we saw Captain America and Spider-man team up to knock him out. We all know Superman had no problems with him in the DC/Marvel crossover and we know what the void did to him lol. Its actually good to see him dominate for a change as he is usually stopped or used to put over other heroes. He is the lead in this series so of course he is going to get his due but are you prepared for how this series is going to resolve itself? I've heard some rumors about Jim Wilson returning from the dead to stop the hulk in someway or as we have heard from this thread that Rick Jones is going to intervene. Is that really how you want it to end or a knockout drag out with someone his power level and hulk being put down? Probably for story purposes we are going to get the former but I would much prefer the later lol.
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:00:07 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Capekiller wrote:
Doom beat Hulk in FF 320.
Wolverine stopped just before decapitating Hulk. Wolverine 145 (Wolverine as Death!)

Wow... I just skimmed over the issue in question (I have 44 years if FF in PDF) and it is an AWESOME issue!

I'm adding it to my wish list, lol.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
Bristow1
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:23:03 PM

And in the end nobody beat the Hulk he decided not to destroy the World in his battle with the Sentry. Waiting

Jeph Loeb Color Books = Tracing

Collector: Hey man. If somebody draws something
and then you draw the same thing right on top of it, not going out-side the designated original art, what do you call that!
Little kid:I don't know. Tracing?
Collector:(to Banky) See?
Banky: It's not tracing.
Collector: Oh, but it is.
Banky:(to Little Kid) Do you want your book signed or what?
Collector: Hey - don't get all testy with him
just because you have a problem with your station in life.
Banky: I'm secure with what I do.
Collector: Then say it - you're a tracer.
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:39:35 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
giantroboticdragon
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:54:14 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:

Stopping spreading lies of the Hulk will smash you!
nickademus420
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 9:34:25 PM

Old Man Logan. Hulk ate Wolverine. Wolverine clawed his way out. Hulk died. Then Wolverine killed all of Hulk's inbred family.
'Nuff said.