Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Ultimate Marvel reading order Options
jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:59:07 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2011
Posts: 57
Points: 171
Is there a site that lists the reading order for the Ultimate Universe books for Marvel? I have found some forum posts on other sites, but trying to find something official.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:03:45 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,626
Points: 60,611
Location: Redding, CA
It's just like the normal Marvel Universe: Except for crossover events, each book has it's own storyline. So just read the books in the order they're published in.

As for crossover events, that gets a bit convoluted. I know that Ultimate Six, Ultimate Secret, and Ultimate Nightmare all take place before Ultimatum, but I'm not sure in what order. Ultimatum takes place immediately following Ultimates 3.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 10:50:05 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2011
Posts: 57
Points: 171
The bulk of my curiosity pertains to the period between Ultimatum and the Death of Spiderman. I have read through all the Spiderman trades and am past the halfway point in X-men.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 10:58:17 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,626
Points: 60,611
Location: Redding, CA
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
The bulk of my curiosity pertains to the period between Ultimatum and the Death of Spiderman. I have read through all the Spiderman trades and am past the halfway point in X-men.


After Ultimatum is where I got off the Ultimate bandwagon. I was a fan of Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate FF ended after that, and Ultimates never did get back to the same quality that was Ultimates 1 & 2 and Ultimate Power. So I won't be much help for that, sorry.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 11:26:16 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2011
Posts: 57
Points: 171
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
The bulk of my curiosity pertains to the period between Ultimatum and the Death of Spiderman. I have read through all the Spiderman trades and am past the halfway point in X-men.


After Ultimatum is where I got off the Ultimate bandwagon. I was a fan of Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate FF ended after that, and Ultimates never did get back to the same quality that was Ultimates 1 & 2 and Ultimate Power. So I won't be much help for that, sorry.


Have yet to read any of the pre-ultimatum Ultimates stuff. it's on the list though
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:04:24 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,626
Points: 60,611
Location: Redding, CA
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
The bulk of my curiosity pertains to the period between Ultimatum and the Death of Spiderman. I have read through all the Spiderman trades and am past the halfway point in X-men.


After Ultimatum is where I got off the Ultimate bandwagon. I was a fan of Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate FF ended after that, and Ultimates never did get back to the same quality that was Ultimates 1 & 2 and Ultimate Power. So I won't be much help for that, sorry.


Have yet to read any of the pre-ultimatum Ultimates stuff. it's on the list though


Ultimates 1 & 2 are must-reads, IMO. They're great adult takes on the Avengers that are very well written, and has very good, realistic looking artwork. Ultimate Power is basically the original Ultimates vs. Squadron Supreme, and it's done very well.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:05:35 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2011
Posts: 57
Points: 171
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
The bulk of my curiosity pertains to the period between Ultimatum and the Death of Spiderman. I have read through all the Spiderman trades and am past the halfway point in X-men.


After Ultimatum is where I got off the Ultimate bandwagon. I was a fan of Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate FF ended after that, and Ultimates never did get back to the same quality that was Ultimates 1 & 2 and Ultimate Power. So I won't be much help for that, sorry.


Have yet to read any of the pre-ultimatum Ultimates stuff. it's on the list though


Ultimates 1 & 2 are must-reads, IMO. They're great adult takes on the Avengers that are very well written, and has very good, realistic looking artwork. Ultimate Power is basically the original Ultimates vs. Squadron Supreme, and it's done very well.


Probably the best way to get any of this stuff is in TPB form, right? That's what I have been doing.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:08:31 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,626
Points: 60,611
Location: Redding, CA
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
The bulk of my curiosity pertains to the period between Ultimatum and the Death of Spiderman. I have read through all the Spiderman trades and am past the halfway point in X-men.


After Ultimatum is where I got off the Ultimate bandwagon. I was a fan of Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate FF ended after that, and Ultimates never did get back to the same quality that was Ultimates 1 & 2 and Ultimate Power. So I won't be much help for that, sorry.


Have yet to read any of the pre-ultimatum Ultimates stuff. it's on the list though


Ultimates 1 & 2 are must-reads, IMO. They're great adult takes on the Avengers that are very well written, and has very good, realistic looking artwork. Ultimate Power is basically the original Ultimates vs. Squadron Supreme, and it's done very well.


Probably the best way to get any of this stuff is in TPB form, right? That's what I have been doing.


I'd be willing to bet you could find the singles cheaper here on CCL.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:17:20 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2011
Posts: 57
Points: 171
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:
The bulk of my curiosity pertains to the period between Ultimatum and the Death of Spiderman. I have read through all the Spiderman trades and am past the halfway point in X-men.


After Ultimatum is where I got off the Ultimate bandwagon. I was a fan of Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate FF ended after that, and Ultimates never did get back to the same quality that was Ultimates 1 & 2 and Ultimate Power. So I won't be much help for that, sorry.


Have yet to read any of the pre-ultimatum Ultimates stuff. it's on the list though


Ultimates 1 & 2 are must-reads, IMO. They're great adult takes on the Avengers that are very well written, and has very good, realistic looking artwork. Ultimate Power is basically the original Ultimates vs. Squadron Supreme, and it's done very well.


Probably the best way to get any of this stuff is in TPB form, right? That's what I have been doing.


I'd be willing to bet you could find the singles cheaper here on CCL.


Yeah, prolly so, but have to take into account space for storage, which is rapidly running out lol
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.440 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241