New Spider-Man 2 Villain Announced Options
CCComics
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:43:20 PM
Groups: Member

Paul Giamatti as the Rhino. I like it!
Shogun684
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:48:54 PM

Ya I did hear that sounds cool are they still doing Electro too?
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:16:51 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Really? Rhino is nothing but a big dumb brute. Hardly the kind of villain to base a movie around.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:20:08 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Just read the link. Looks like they're going to screw up this franchise with part 2 instead of waiting until part 3.

Two villains? Two female love interests? Jamie Foxx as Electro?

You'd think by now that the studio heads would have
figured out that shoving multiple characters and villains into a movie does not make for a great film (see Spider-Man 3, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, for starters).
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:32:02 PM

Thundercron wrote:
(see Spider-Man 3, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, for starters).

Amazingly, a lot of non-comic book reading people I've talked to about it really seem to like Batman Forever.

Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:03:38 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Amazingly, a lot of non-comic book reading people I've talked to about it really seem to like Batman Forever.

Here's how I've always viewed it: when Batman Forever came out, it was horrible. Then Batman and Robin came out--suddenly, Batman Forever doesn't seem as bad of a movie.

Peacefuldragon
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:19:48 PM

Shop at My Store

Wont be seeing this garbage pile of a film anyway. sad.

If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:27:16 PM

Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Here's how I've always viewed it: when Batman Forever came out, it was horrible. Then Batman and Robin came out--suddenly, Batman Forever doesn't seem as bad of a movie.

That entire franchise was on a downhill slide. The first one was amazing. Batman Returns was good, but still not as good as the first. Batman Forever was bad. And Batman & Robin was TERRIBLE. (It had bat-nipples for crying out loud!)

outcast
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:00:25 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

I knew the Batman series was in trouble from the first tilt of the camera in Batman Forever's first fight scene—that camera tilt was a visual reference to the TV series (and from a director who had told Dennis O'Neil that he wanted to do his [O'Neil's] Batman)! The movie didn't get any better after that, and I never could bring myself to go see Batman and Robin in the theater.

Joel Schumacher is easily the worst thing to happen to Batman—perhaps to comics—since William Dozier.
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:29:40 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

You're forgetting about Uwe Boll.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:43:56 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Ok...we are being subjected to the usual hyperbole here.

First...I am a comic junky and I loved batman Forever. Thought it was great. And, quite frankly, that is the prevailing opinion among people I know. (while that certainly isnt any kind of national referendum, I hate it when, years after a movie is out, people rewrite history and just declare a movie unforgivably bad.)

Also.....movies with multiple heroes/Villains are bad? What?

1) Superman II
2) Batman Returns
3) Batman Begins
4) Dark Knight
5) Avengers

That's without any real serious thought.
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:44:48 PM

Peacefuldragon wrote:
Wont be seeing this garbage pile of a film anyway. sad.

Then why are you commenting?

I'll bet my house and my first kid that you will be seeing this movie long before it leaves first run theaters.
chainsawsr
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:38:40 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

As far as OP statement, this is the perfect man for the role of Rhino. He knows the history, is a comic buff. A little make up and green screen and the Rhino should rock in this movie.

Cheers!

Where is my Fables? I need a reality check!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:05:02 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Rhino seems like a curious choice at first but when you think about it he was one of Spider-Man's more recurring foes. Albeit mostly as a pawn of some crime lord but he still popped up frequently.

Maybe they'll do a mash-up like they did with Whiplash in Iron Man 2 and we'll get the Rhinoceros-Beetle! Brilliant, but dull, scientist Aleksie Jenkins creates a mechanized suit of armor mimicking the awesome abilities of that scourge of the insect world - the super scarab Dynastinae! Yowza!

All we need is for Spider-Man 3 to have Kraven, Vulture and Mysterio then number four can be the Revenge of the Sinister Six!

Seriously though, I would love to see Mysterio in a Spider-Man movie. It's a perfect match, Mysterio was a special effects guy after all.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:59:36 PM

Thundercron wrote:
Just read the link. Looks like they're going to screw up this franchise with part 2 instead of waiting until part 3.

Two villains? Two female love interests? Jamie Foxx as Electro?

You'd think by now that the studio heads would have
figured out that shoving multiple characters and villains into a movie does not make for a great film (see Spider-Man 3, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, for starters).

Why are people complaining about jamie Foxx? Don't they know that Jamie Foxx being attached to a movie is a good thing?
Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:00:07 PM

Yawn Rented the first one. Wasn't that impressed. probly do the same to this.
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:00:48 PM

I just get exasperated by the comic nerds that refuse to be satsified if a movie isn't exactly like the comic story with actors that loook exactly like the comic characters.
KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:23:38 PM

I liked Amazing. I like Andrew Garfield much better than Tobey Maguire. I liked that they brought back the mechanical webbing.

Did I have problems with it? Sure. But I had just as much problems with the Raimi films and I liked those too (except for 3!)

Let's be honest. Electro is a lame villain. Anything they do to change him is a plus in my book.

As for the Rhino thing, I think this is just rumor so far but if they introduce multiple villains I have no problem if it's done well. Spider-Man 3 was not done well. Batman Begins was done well.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:57:19 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The problem I have with some comic book movies is that they stray too far from the original. I understand that you can't take 500 issues of Spider-Man or Action Comics and cram it all into an hour and a half or so of film. If you try that you get the Green Lantern mess. I liked that movie but I didn't LOVE it. I kind of knew what was going on and it was still hard to follow. My girlfriend, non-comic fan, was totally lost. If you try to do too much it's going to seem forced or confusing.

The movie should retain the feel of the comic without changing too much. Example: The Fantastic Four movie tied the origin of Dr. Doom (and they didn't even call him that) with that of the FF. It didn't FEEL right to me. But you take Batman Begins where Bruce Wayne is trained by Ra's al-Ghul - I don't recall that from any comics but it felt like something that was feasible in that mythos.

Another issue is costumes. I guess most actors don't want their faces obscured so they can be more easily recognized or emote better but comic book characters wear costumes! I was actually one of the few people that liked the Daredevil movie but I have to say I was disappointed in the lack of costume for Bullseye.

I realize that the people who make movies don't do it for the average comic book geek such as myself. They're for the teeming masses who don't know Black Canary's secret identity or that the burglar who killed Uncle Ben was just a burglar. Hey that's fine, anything to get my favorite four-color characters on the big screen.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Shizz
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:59:33 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
I just get exasperated by the comic nerds that refuse to be satsified if a movie isn't exactly like the comic story with actors that loook exactly like the comic characters.

I actually think it's funny. I expect them to change some things for live adaption. I even really dig it when people come up with some clever stuff to get around things. Like the way the new Star Trek spun it's reason for being able to stray from cannon. Though I know many may not agree with me.

When it comes to ASM, I just didn't think the movie was very well done. Pete was kind of anoying, Gwen was meh, and most of the story just seemed to lack something. Just seemed like a Spidey flick with no heart. While I am in no way a Tobby M. fan, waaaaay to sappy, at least those movies seemed to have most of the necessary pieces.

Unless they change cast and directors I'm just not to hyped about this one.