Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Moving shelves... Options
HeroComics
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:15:43 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm currently revamping my shelves, and when I create a new one it always appears at the bottom.

The tedious part is, I can only move it to the top of the displayed list, wait until it 'reorders', and move it some more.

Is there a shortcut for this?
DRUMCZAR
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:09:24 PM

Shop at My Store

This is the single Biggest Slow down & Time consuming process as a Seller on CCL. I wish there was, but there is no short cut to Reordering Store shelves, at least not as far I've discovered over the last 3+ years. It also takes forever, anywhere from 2 to 3 minutes per move for each shelf to Actually reposition when it's moved. That may not seem that long, but think about it; If I add 5 new shelves & have to move each one 4 times it takes almost an hour. 1 shelf moved 5 times @ 2 minutes per move = 10 minutes x that by 5 = 50 minutes, & that s if you don't make any mistakes in the Process & have to reorder the reorder.

The other side of it is that when I have finally gotten the shelves where I want Them & click Update, The software takes 3 - 4 hours to Update, Running thru 15,000 (or more) Items, which I find completely unnecessary for the moving of a few shelves. Plus I can't do anything with my store until the Update Completes, 3-4 hours later. I know I have a lot of shelves in my store, so I expect that it may take longer than a store with only few shelves/moves to deal with, but 3 hours.

I have Petitioned CCL over & over & over again for the past few years to have this Feature upgraded/Revamped (among a few others that would benefit the Sellers side of the CCL Experience) with 0 Success. It would certainly make life as a Seller whole lot easier if this was a more Efficient, streamlined Feature in the CCL Software. It would definitely save me a sh1tload of Down Time overall.

My suggestion is Plan way head of time before you start adding & moving shelves in Your Store, because You'll need it.

Alan

PEACE!+

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
HeroComics
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:31:28 AM

Shop at My Store

DRUMCZAR wrote:
This is the single Biggest Slow down & Time consuming process as a Seller on CCL. I wish there was, but there is no short cut to Reordering Store shelves, at least not as far I've discovered over the last 3+ years. It also takes forever, anywhere from 2 to 3 minutes per move for each shelf to Actually reposition when it's moved. That may not seem that long, but think about it; If I add 5 new shelves & have to move each one 4 times it takes almost an hour. 1 shelf moved 5 times @ 2 minutes per move = 10 minutes x that by 5 = 50 minutes, & that s if you don't make any mistakes in the Process & have to reorder the reorder.

The other side of it is that when I have finally gotten the shelves where I want Them & click Update, The software takes 3 - 4 hours to Update, Running thru 15,000 (or more) Items, which I find completely unnecessary for the moving of a few shelves. Plus I can't do anything with my store until the Update Completes, 3-4 hours later. I know I have a lot of shelves in my store, so I expect that it may take longer than a store with only few shelves/moves to deal with, but 3 hours.

I have Petitioned CCL over & over & over again for the past few years to have this Feature upgraded/Revamped (among a few others that would benefit the Sellers side of the CCL Experience) with 0 Success. It would certainly make life as a Seller whole lot easier if this was a more Efficient, streamlined Feature in the CCL Software. It would definitely save me a sh1tload of Down Time overall.

My suggestion is Plan way head of time before you start adding & moving shelves in Your Store, because You'll need it.

Alan

PEACE!+

It does not seem to take that long, but it does! I plan to double the amount of shelves I have now, and although it does not take that long for me normally about 2 mins per shelf, currently have to move each one avg. of 7 times. After 12 or so shelves, and a few tv shows, I take a break while it updates, about 30 mins.

I actually gave up on it 2 years ago. I'm revamping my store for some big additions, and this has to be done first. It is all in how they display.