Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » When Did Green Lantern Become All About "Feelings"?

When Did Green Lantern Become All About "Feelings"?

BurningDoom
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:52:55 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
The emotional spectrum idea that's being used in the Green Lantern books, is pretty cool. I liked the idea at first. But it seems the franchise is ALL about it, now. Every single story, now, has to do with the emotional spectrum and either embracing or rejecting emotions. Or getting in touch with parts of the emotional spectrum.

Am I the only one that misses Green Lantern being a space adventure? About space, cosmic battles, and aliens?
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:58:45 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joined: 8/12/2007 | Posts: 8,583 | Points: 72,590
BurningDoom wrote:
When Did Green Lantern Become All About "Feelings"?
Johns has always struck me as the 'sensitive' type... I bet he just loved Mr. Rogers because he told him every day that he was special.
What I don't like about Kyle Rayner as a whole, Johns has taken to the extreme.

BurningDoom wrote:
Am I the only one that misses Green Lantern being a space adventure? About space, cosmic battles, and aliens?
No, I'm right there with you. But I think we may be the only ones left...
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
padreglcc
Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:58:33 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Location: Bangor, Michigan
Joined: 5/6/2007 | Posts: 5,295 | Points: 591,549
Xylob wrote:
I bet he just loved Mr. Rogers because he told him every day that he was special.

Wait... are you saying I'm not special? Mr Rogers lied? Gonna have to rethink some stuff...
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
scotracycowles
Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:10:10 PM
Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member
Joined: 5/4/2007 | Posts: 167 | Points: 501
BurningDoom wrote:
The emotional spectrum idea that's being used in the Green Lantern books, is pretty cool. I liked the idea at first. But it seems the franchise is ALL about it, now. Every single story, now, has to do with the emotional spectrum and either embracing or rejecting emotions. Or getting in touch with parts of the emotional spectrum.

Am I the only one that misses Green Lantern being a space adventure? About space, cosmic battles, and aliens?


I'm definitely with you. The concept has run out of steam. I want to read a GL book without seeing "love" and "hope" and "will" written all over the page.

Users browsing this topic
Guest

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.106 seconds.
(0.061 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241