Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Batman Inc. #8 Spoiled! Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:02:33 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,624
Points: 60,605
Location: Redding, CA
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
It is! Holy crap all you had to do was call a shop and have them hold out for you. People are dumb.


Keep in mind that most towns in America do not have a comic shop, or anywhere local to buy comics. The people who are paying these high prices have no other means to get the book except ebay/internet. And thanks to the media coverage, EVERBODY wants one.

Just another reason why newsstand distribution needs to make a comeback.
good point I didn't think about that. Feel bad that people are getting screwed for that reason. I would love to see newsstands distribution come back. That's what happens when one company makes a monopoly out of it.


Most towns have a Barnes & Noble.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:31:58 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Joined: 5/6/2007
Posts: 4,346
Points: 513,901
Location: Bangor, Michigan
BurningDoom wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
It is! Holy crap all you had to do was call a shop and have them hold out for you. People are dumb.


Keep in mind that most towns in America do not have a comic shop, or anywhere local to buy comics. The people who are paying these high prices have no other means to get the book except ebay/internet. And thanks to the media coverage, EVERBODY wants one.

Just another reason why newsstand distribution needs to make a comeback.
good point I didn't think about that. Feel bad that people are getting screwed for that reason. I would love to see newsstands distribution come back. That's what happens when one company makes a monopoly out of it.


Most towns have a Barnes & Noble.


I think you meant to say that most cities have a Barnes & Noble. I live in a small town of less than 3,000 people. My LCS is a half hour from me... so is the nearest Barnes & Noble. There is literally no place closer to physically buy books. The supermarkets and pharmacies don't carry them anymore.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:42:27 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,624
Points: 60,605
Location: Redding, CA
I don't live in a city. I live in a town. It's not a town with everything on one street, though. It is about mid-sized. 70,000. We have a Barnes & Noble.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:55:23 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Joined: 5/6/2007
Posts: 4,346
Points: 513,901
Location: Bangor, Michigan
BurningDoom wrote:
I don't live in a city. I live in a town. It's not a town with everything on one street, though. It is about mid-sized. 70,000. We have a Barnes & Noble.

Perspective is a funny thing. You and I have very different definitions of "town" Big Grin

My point though was that Not everyone lives close to a brick and mortar store where they can get funny books, so it makes sense that some would resort to overpaying for hot books on the interweb.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:12:19 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/3/2007
Posts: 2,996
Points: 9,049
Location: Falcon, Colorado
anyone read this yet? jason's death was way better.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

fenix1977
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 8:06:44 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 3/16/2007
Posts: 6,686
Points: 22,492
I just ordered mine and paid under 14 for it. I took the ebay hit because there is one super crappy comic book store up here. It is the one I used to go to that would laugh at people when they walked in to get an issue such as this. The same one that would not order enough issues even for their subscription customers and then say it was all diamonds fault. Up here you have at least an hour and a half drive to the next closest comic book store. Two and a half if you want to go to a good one that would might have enough in stock to cover all the speculators that would snag every copy of this up they could get. No Barns and Noble with in at least a four hour drive either.



Mad Bloggings

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 8:46:20 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/3/2007
Posts: 2,996
Points: 9,049
Location: Falcon, Colorado
fenix1977 wrote:
I just ordered mine and paid under 14 for it. I took the ebay hit because there is one super crappy comic book store up here. It is the one I used to go to that would laugh at people when they walked in to get an issue such as this. The same one that would not order enough issues even for their subscription customers and then say it was all diamonds fault. Up here you have at least an hour and a half drive to the next closest comic book store. Two and a half if you want to go to a good one that would might have enough in stock to cover all the speculators that would snag every copy of this up they could get. No Barns and Noble with in at least a four hour drive either.
oh man that sucks! where are you from?

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

red_k_comics
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 4:25:26 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 10/20/2012
Posts: 307
Points: 1,026
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Now I remember why I cut this title off a few months back. I managed to snag a copy of this issue at my LCS. I read it, and feel like I wasted 2.99. I can't imagine paying 4 or more times the cover price for this book.

fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:47:50 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 3/16/2007
Posts: 6,686
Points: 22,492
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
I just ordered mine and paid under 14 for it. I took the ebay hit because there is one super crappy comic book store up here. It is the one I used to go to that would laugh at people when they walked in to get an issue such as this. The same one that would not order enough issues even for their subscription customers and then say it was all diamonds fault. Up here you have at least an hour and a half drive to the next closest comic book store. Two and a half if you want to go to a good one that would might have enough in stock to cover all the speculators that would snag every copy of this up they could get. No Barns and Noble with in at least a four hour drive either.
oh man that sucks! where are you from?




Way up in upstate NY near Canada



Mad Bloggings

Shogun684
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:09:32 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/7/2011
Posts: 301
Points: 903
Location: NH
I see them bring Damian back in about a year or so I just don't see it sticking......Lazarus pit.
scotracycowles
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 3:46:30 PM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/4/2007
Posts: 167
Points: 501
I hit two Barnes and Noble stores, and the LCS, and had no luck finding this book. I guess I'll wait for the price to flatline when the kid comes back from the dead in a few years.
Grwurz
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 11:06:23 PM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/3/2012
Posts: 194
Points: 632
I read an article once that there is about 1 comic shop for every 900 miles on average in the United States. So it doesn't surprise me that people pay that price for an out of nowhere hot book like this.

Heck, up until about a year ago, the closest LCS to me was over an hour away. So it would have cost me closer to $20.00 in gas to go pick up a book like this anyway.

For the record, I hate when shops manipulate the market and charge over cover price for a book the day that it is released. The prices on ebay are market driven, but an LCS kinda owes it to loyal customers to have a chance at getting a hot book like this at cover price.

That is one of the many reasons a lot of comic shops don't make it. They have no idea how to treat a customer. They think that the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons is a model for how to run a comic book business!



Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 1.508 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241