Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Marvel is offering 700 free #1s, digitally Options
Alarion
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:26:32 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Today at SXSW, marvel announced that through March 12th, you can add 700 #1s to your digital library, for free. The server is getting hammered right now, so you might want to wait until later - but this is a killer deal, imo.

http://comicstore.marvel.com/
fenix1977
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 5:26:34 AM

Comixology is gonna melt down. I am having nothing but problems even trying to log into the sight.

Mad Bloggings

Reggie
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 7:36:05 AM

You know, it makes me wonder if people are really this clueless. They give you only 3 days for this huge promotion and it never crosses their mind that hey, our website might get overloaded? I've been trying to get in to just try at least 1 free comic since yesterday and still can't get through!

crackerjack1
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 10:01:39 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I downloaded a ton of them on the Marvel App earlier with no problems at all.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Astro City, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Grimm, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Inhuman, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Quantum & Woody, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Secret Origins, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Velvet, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Forever Evil, Origin II, Original Sin, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
padreglcc
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 10:58:27 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

I was able to purchase them using the Comixology app on my iPad, but only a few of them downloaded. Hopefully, the rest will be able to download when the activity on their servers dies down after the sale.

"My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it." Brennan Manning

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Alarion
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 12:56:54 PM

according to their twitter feed, they are doing what they can to get things running, and they are going to "make sure" people get these books. So they say.

https://twitter.com/Robwilliams71/status/311167876608450561
Reggie
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 6:23:52 PM

I've been trying to use Comixology on my Kindle Fire and still can't get through. Then found link that was just posted: A message from the CEO

fenix1977
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 8:57:47 PM

Blame it on me. I picked the wrong time to start trying the service (started last Friday) and I jinxed everything. All I wanted was the digital only copy of Atomic Robo! CURSES!

Mad Bloggings

Grwurz
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:17:27 AM

Groups: Member

10 pm pacific time Monday night and Comixology is still down. I guess print books aren't quite dead yet!

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
Alarion
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:02:10 AM

Grwurz wrote:
10 pm pacific time Monday night and Comixology is still down. I guess print books aren't quite dead yet!

It's a shame, you would normally pay $3.99 for many of these, and then cannot access them due to a promotion. One of the bigger "cons" of DRM'd digital content.
Grwurz
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 4:58:19 AM

Groups: Member

Alarion wrote:
Grwurz wrote:

It's a shame, you would normally pay $3.99 for many of these, and then cannot access them due to a promotion. One of the bigger "cons" of DRM'd digital content.

I think the biggest scam of the digital comics is that they cost the same as print books. That discount later on means nothing to me as many LCS discount the unsold books later as well.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!