Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Guardians of the Galaxy Thread
4 pages: [1] 2 3 4
BurningDoom
Sunday, July 21, 2013 12:49:45 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
Fresh from Comic-Con news:

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shizz
Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:04:31 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 4/10/2007 | Posts: 1,664 | Points: 4,992
Where is Nova?
BurningDoom
Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:06:23 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
Shizz wrote:
Where is Nova?


Ah, dang. I hope they didn't pull him. He was the most interesting one on the team. But he is dead in the comic right now, maybe they didn't want to confuse people.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:24:46 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,523 | Points: 435,115
I think this movie is going to be a hard sell. The general public has no idea who these people are. I barely know who they are myself (not really a Marvel guy) and I've been a comic fan for 56 years. If Green Lantern couldn't make it I have serious doubts about this. Nothing in that picture makes me say "Oh I've got to see this."


The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


Xylob
Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:44:24 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joined: 8/12/2007 | Posts: 8,571 | Points: 72,554
comicscastle wrote:
...If Green Lantern couldn't make it I have serious doubts about this. Nothing in that picture makes me say "Oh I've got to see this."
Agreed. If it doesn't tie in directly to the current Avengers/IM/Thor/Cap movies, I'm out.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:05:25 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: NY
Joined: 10/8/2007 | Posts: 1,869 | Points: 122,214
Green Lantern would have been sooooo much better with a) better actors, b) less CGI, c) a good freakin' script!

I am happy that Karen Gillan of Doctor Who fame is playing Nebula! She's awesome.
Thundercron
Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:22:54 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,208 | Points: 37,679
Shop at My Store
Atilla2k wrote:
Green Lantern would have been sooooo much better with a) better actors, b) less CGI, c) a good freakin' script!

I am happy that Karen Gillan of Doctor Who fame is playing Nebula! She's awesome.


This movie has a tree-man and a talking raccoon set against the backdrop of space. It's going to be CGI-heavy.
Atilla2k
Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:41:33 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: NY
Joined: 10/8/2007 | Posts: 1,869 | Points: 122,214
Yeah but whereas DC really doesn't do very good movies Marvel does. Look at the CGI in Incredible Hulk, Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Amazing Spider-Man and then look at the CGI in Green Lantern.... 'Nuff said & I love DC!

~Woot!~ This is my 1,000th post!Party
comicuniversity
Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:42:29 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator
Joined: 4/18/2012 | Posts: 1,668 | Points: 5,779
Look a the shadows.
pottersan
Sunday, July 21, 2013 9:43:52 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Hiding amongst the 1%
Joined: 9/28/2007 | Posts: 4,819 | Points: 46,624
Shop at My Store
comicscastle wrote:
I think this movie is going to be a hard sell. The general public has no idea who these people are. I barely know who they are myself (not really a Marvel guy) and I've been a comic fan for 56 years. If Green Lantern couldn't make it I have serious doubts about this. Nothing in that picture makes me say "Oh I've got to see this."
I wonder how much money they are putting up for this?

I'll see it, but I think I might be the only person in my theater on opening night....
“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, ComicVortex, Hall of Heroes
scotteaves
Sunday, July 21, 2013 9:48:42 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Joined: 6/24/2008 | Posts: 6,012 | Points: 445,281
I'll bite... Who are they?
BurningDoom
Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:12:53 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
scotteaves wrote:
I'll bite... Who are they?


Since Annihilation, they've been the premier cosmic team/book in the Marvel Universe. Currently, in the comics, the team consists of Star-Lord, Iron Man, Drax, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot.

Past members in the comics have also included Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), The Silver Surfer, and Ronan the Accuser.

In the above picture you see from left to right: Drax, Gamora, Star-Lord (I think), Groot, and Rocket Raccoon.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Atilla2k
Monday, July 22, 2013 10:12:27 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: NY
Joined: 10/8/2007 | Posts: 1,869 | Points: 122,214
comicuniversity wrote:
Look a the shadows.


That's just concept art not what the CGI will look like... hopefully.Anxious

BurningDoom wrote:
Star-Lord (I think)


Yup, that's Star-Lord.
Shizz
Monday, July 22, 2013 5:39:21 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 4/10/2007 | Posts: 1,664 | Points: 4,992
comicuniversity wrote:
Look a the shadows.


Ooh Ooooooooh... didn't even notice that. Good eye.

My big question is...who is cast as Gamora? Drooling
MER
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:58:10 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Joined: 6/3/2007 | Posts: 4,018 | Points: 12,054
I'm curious about this as well and I want to see where they go with this.

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
comicscastle
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:07:41 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,523 | Points: 435,115
Shizz wrote:

My big question is...who is cast as Gamora? Drooling
I think I read that it's Zoe Saldana.


The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


Shizz
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:42:24 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 4/10/2007 | Posts: 1,664 | Points: 4,992
comicscastle wrote:
Shizz wrote:

My big question is...who is cast as Gamora? Drooling
I think I read that it's Zoe Saldana.


Sick Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......oh well.

Could be worse, but I was hoping for much better. Maybe the green thing will work for her.
BurningDoom
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:41:49 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
Shizz wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
Shizz wrote:

My big question is...who is cast as Gamora? Drooling
I think I read that it's Zoe Saldana.


Sick Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......oh well.

Could be worse, but I was hoping for much better. Maybe the green thing will work for her.


What's bad about her? She did fine as Lt. Uhura in Star Trek.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
scotteaves
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:49:16 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Joined: 6/24/2008 | Posts: 6,012 | Points: 445,281
BurningDoom wrote:
scotteaves wrote:
I'll bite... Who are they?


Since Annihilation, they've been the premier cosmic team/book in the Marvel Universe. Currently, in the comics, the team consists of Star-Lord, Iron Man, Drax, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot.

Past members in the comics have also included Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), The Silver Surfer, and Ronan the Accuser.

In the above picture you see from left to right: Drax, Gamora, Star-Lord (I think), Groot, and Rocket Raccoon.


Thanks man. I'm not a big Marvel reader, but they've done a great job on the movies lately so it helps me know a little about who they are.
comicscastle
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:11:31 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,523 | Points: 435,115
BurningDoom wrote:
Shizz wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
Shizz wrote:

My big question is...who is cast as Gamora? Drooling
I think I read that it's Zoe Saldana.


Sick Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......oh well.

Could be worse, but I was hoping for much better. Maybe the green thing will work for her.


What's bad about her? She did fine as Lt. Uhura in Star Trek.
She did fine in Avatar and Columbiana as well.


The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 pages: [1] 2 3 4

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.261 seconds.
(0.093 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241