Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Prize Announcement! Howie's CCL Football Competition! Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:54:40 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The week before the NFL season starts I will post a thread for the contest with rules and scoring system. I have chosen the prize package and am putting pictures up.

There will be one overall champion plus opportunities for others to win whether you play all 17 weeks or just one.

EDIT I am adding 3 more prize selections and another category in which to compete. In four weeks so far we have had four overall winners. Whoever wins the most weeks outright will receive a prize! EDIT
New prizes at the bottom of this post.

Feast your eyes!

Batman: The Dailies 1943-1944 volume 1

Two Marvel Graphic Novels - X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills and Revenge of the Living Monolith

Six Vampirella Magazines

The Robin II Collector's Set. All editions polybagged with trading cards.

Love & Rockets Sketchbook Two

Marvel Power Game - X-Men: Days of Future Past edition.

Captain Atom action figure - Superman/Batman Public Enemies line.

Set of 90 Spider-Man II 30th Anniversary trading cards

EDITMarvel Encyclopedia Vol. 3: Hulk hardcover

EDITQuag-3PO Family Guy: Blue Harvest bobblehead

EDITTwo DC minimates 2-packs - Green Arrow/Deathstroke and Aquaman/Ocean Master

I will be playing as well. If I win any category then the prize will go to whoever is in second place.

Good Luck!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:28:09 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Oh I am so in, Spiderman stuff, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:24:40 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Don't know how this is going to go down.... But we are in!

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:31:34 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

I'm in.

Those are some really cool prizes!
Dreadnok01
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:45:10 PM

Groups: Member

I was kinda in before the prizes...now I'm doubly in!!!
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:54:16 PM

I am in and donate all prizes won to your paying customers --- Dancing

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:02:34 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

I'm game
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:02:01 PM

Shop at My Store

Alright! Nice turnout so far. Like I said, there will be multiple ways to win prizes. It doesn't matter how many weeks you participate but there is an incentive for playing often. But even if you only play 1 week you have a chance to win a prize.

Next Wednesday, I will post the official rules (not many), the scoring system and the first weeks games.

Good luck everyone!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:24:31 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Room for one more???

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:44:01 PM

pottersan wrote:
Room for one more???

As long as you bring the beer - SURE!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:41:20 PM

Shop at My Store

Here are the Official Rules for competing in Howie's CCL Football Competition Thing:

Rule #1 - You do not have to play every week to be eligible for a prize, but every week that you participate you must pick all of the games for that week. If there are sixteen games played that week and you only pick fifteen then your entry does not count.

Rule #2 - Your entry must be posted by kickoff of the first game of the week. Most weeks this year there will be a Thursday Night game. Any picks received after that time (since I live in Richmond, VA we will go with Eastern Standard Time) will be invalid. I will post the week's schedule on Tuesdays as early as possible along with the deadline for entering.

Rule #3 - Trash talking is allowed. Just remember that we are all adults here Pray and personal attacks, racial taunts, cursing and talkin bout somebody's Mama is uncalled for and unwanted. It's a game, let's have fun!Party

Now for the Competition!

There will be one overall winner and five other categories in which a prize will be awarded. The overall winner will be determined by averaging your scores in the five other categories. You will be assigned a number inversely based on your order of finish in each category.

1st place - 10 pts
2nd place - 9 pts
3rd place - 8 pts
4th place - 7 pts
5th place - 6 pts
6th place - 5 pts
7th place - 4 pts
8th place - 3 pts
9th place - 2 pts
10th place - 1 pt

Five Categories with a maximum of ten points available per. Highest possible Total Score is 50 - if you finish first in all 5 categories!

So if your Finish looks like this:
Total Points - 2nd place - 9 pts
Weekly High Score - 6th place - 5 pts
Lock Pick - 4th place - 7 pts
MNF - 8th place - 3 pts
W/L% - 3rd place - 8 pts

Your Overall Score would be: 32 out of a possible 50

The Categories Are:

Total Points

Each week that you play you will earn points. Five simply for participating and additional points for each correct game that you pick. If you pick the favorite and that team wins you get 1 point. If you pick the underdog and that team wins you get two points. Favorite/Underdog will be determined with the early line. If it changes during the week (unlikely) we will go with the early line. Point spreads will not be a factor. You get three points for selecting the correct Monday Night Football winner regardless of favorite/underdog status. You get three points for a successful Lock Pick, however if your Lock Pick is wrong you lose one point.

For example:
You go 8-8 the first week. Of your eight correct picks five were favorites (5 pts) and three were underdogs (6 pts). Your MNF pick was correct (3 pts) but you missed your Lock Pick (-1 pt). Add in five points for participating and...

Your Weekly Score is 5+6+3-1+5=17 pts

This score is cumulative, each week that you play your score will be added to your total. At the end of the year whoever has the most total points wins a prize. This category favors players who participate often.

Weekly High Score

As stated above, each week that you play you earn a score for that week. At the end of the season whoever has the highest one week total wins a prize. The perfect one week score is 39. That's participation points plus you have to pick all sixteen games correctly with most teams being underdogs.

14 correct picks (all underdogs) 28 pts
Lock Pick 3 pts
MNF 3 pts
Participation 5 pts

39 points - Perfect Score and probably unobtainable

You only need to play one week to win a prize in this category. But you have to be nearly perfect. Keep in mind that several weeks have fewer games due to BYE's and therefore fewer points are available to pick up. A shrewd player can still rack up a decent score.

Lock Pick

Instead of doing a Survival Pool (sorry, didn't see enough interest) I am going with the Lock Pick. The way this works is that each week you select one team that you guarantee will win. If you are correct then you receive 3 points, but if you are wrong it costs you 1 point.

At the end of the season whoever has the most correct Lock Picks wins a prize. There are 17 weeks therefore 17 opportunities.

You do not have to designate one of your weekly choices as a Lock Pick but you might get a little good-natured ribbing if you don't.

The catch is that once you select a team as your Lock Pick, you cannot select that team again in this category. You can still pick that team to win, just not as your Lock Pick. This is to prevent people from picking the Patriots every week. But you are still allowed to pick against say, the Raiders every week!Laughing

Monday Night Football

Each correct MNF game that you pick gets you three points regardless of favorite/underdog. At the end of the season whoever picked the most correct Monday Night games earns a prize. Seventeen weeks, 17 chances

Weekly Win/Loss Percentage

Each week that you play you will get a W/L% based on your correct picks. This score is cumulative and will change every week that you play. You do not have to play every week to win this category.

Example:
Wk 1 - You go 8-8 50%
Wk 2 - 12-4 75%

Two week total is 20-12 so your new W/L% is 62.5%

Wk 3 - you don't play, your score stays the same
Wk 4 - 5-11 45.4%

New total is 25-23 52%

At the end of the season whoever has the best Win/Loss Percentage wins a prize.

Prizes

All prizes will be awarded at the end of the season. In case of a tie the Playoffs will be used as a Tie-Breaker. The prize package can be found here:Prizes
I will be participating. If I come in First Place in any category then the prize will be awarded to the second place finisher.

Good Luck everyone! Feel free to ask questions or if you need clarification on anything!

Go Skins!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:50:52 PM

Shop at My Store

The First Weeks games will be posted on Tuesday, September 3rd as early as possible. The first game is being played on Thursday, September 5th at 8:30 PM EST. All entries must be submitted by then.

Are You Ready!!!!

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:11:19 PM

Confused Are there Cliff Notes for the rules?

Also don't pick the Chiefs to beat the Raiders - Since 2008 the Chiefs have only won three times against them Don't Tell Anyone

How about a Standings Predictor? Let's see how good we are for picking final standings. Devil

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 10:49:28 AM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
Confused Are there Cliff Notes for the rules?

Yes!

Rule 1 - You do not have to play every week but every week that you play you must pick all of the games.

Rule 2 - Your picks must be in by kickoff of the first game, usually Thursday nights at 8:30 PM EST.

Rule 3- Talk trash but keep it respectful please.

Ways to win:

Overall Champion - Your Overall score depends on how you finish in the five categories.

1st place - 10 pts
2nd place - 9 pts
3rd place - 8 pts
4th place - 7 pts
5th place - 6 pts
6th place - 5 pts
7th place - 4 pts
8th place - 3 pts
9th place - 2 pts
10th place - 1 pt

If you finish in first place in all five categories then your final score would be 50. Ten points for each number one finish. If you end up in tenth place in all five categories then your final score would be 5. One point for each tenth place finish. If you finish lower than 10th place you don't earn any points for your Overall Score in that category. Whoever has the highest total is the Overall Champion and gets two prizes.

The Five Categories are:

Total Yearly Points - Each week that you play you earn points. Five points merely for playing, two points if the team you picked won and was the underdog, one point if the team you picked to win was the favorite, three points for a correct Lock Pick (minus one point if incorrect) and three points for a correct Monday Night Football prediction. These points accumulate and whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins a prize.

Weekly High Score - At the end of the year whoever has the highest one week total wins a prize.

Lock Pick - You designate one team each week to be your Lock Pick. If that team wins you get three points towards your Total Yearly Points but if it loses then you subtract one point. Once you pick a team as your Lock Pick you cannot select that team as your Lock Pick again. Whoever has the most correct Lock Picks at the end of the year wins a prize.

Monday Night Football - A correct MNF prediction earns you three points towards your Total Yearly Points. Whoever has the most correct MNF predictions at the end of the year wins a prize.

Win/Loss Percentage - Each week that you play you will earn a win/loss percentage based on how your predictions turned out. If you go 16-0 then you are 100%, 8-8 you would be 50%, 0-16 you would be 0%. This is a cumulative score that will change every week that you play depending on how well you do. At the end of the year whoever has the best W/L% wins a prize.

Please feel free to ask any questions or if you need anything else clarified.

Thanks!
Howie

Hall Liquidations

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 9:43:20 PM

Is this just a weekly pick em league? If so, I'm in. I ran one here years ago and glad to see someone else giving it a go. Appreciate your hard work!

Reggie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:59:58 PM

Once the First Weeks games are posted, do we just post our picks here?

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:05:12 AM

Shop at My Store

ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
Is this just a weekly pick em league? If so, I'm in. I ran one here years ago and glad to see someone else giving it a go. Appreciate your hard work!

Yep, that's it! Weekly Pick 'em.

Fantasy Football is too much work!

Thanks for playing!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:06:51 AM

Shop at My Store

Reggie wrote:
Once the First Weeks games are posted, do we just post our picks here?

I will start a separate thread and keep this one for the prizes. I will be adding a couple of additional prize choices as I come across them.

Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:02:11 PM

Shop at My Store

Just added three new prizes and another category of competition! Check it out!

MoonKnight1 wrote:
The week before the NFL season starts I will post a thread for the contest with rules and scoring system. I have chosen the prize package and am putting pictures up.

There will be one overall champion plus opportunities for others to win whether you play all 17 weeks or just one.

EDIT I am adding 3 more prize selections and another category in which to compete. In four weeks so far we have had four overall winners. Whoever wins the most weeks outright will receive a prize! EDIT
New prizes at the bottom of this post.

Feast your eyes!

Batman: The Dailies 1943-1944 volume 1

Two Marvel Graphic Novels - X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills and Revenge of the Living Monolith

Six Vampirella Magazines

The Robin II Collector's Set. All editions polybagged with trading cards.

Love & Rockets Sketchbook Two

Marvel Power Game - X-Men: Days of Future Past edition.

Captain Atom action figure - Superman/Batman Public Enemies line.

Set of 90 Spider-Man II 30th Anniversary trading cards

EDITMarvel Encyclopedia Vol. 3: Hulk hardcover

EDITQuag-3PO Family Guy: Blue Harvest bobblehead

EDITTwo DC minimates 2-packs - Green Arrow/Deathstroke and Aquaman/Ocean Master

I will be playing as well. If I win any category then the prize will go to whoever is in second place.

Good Luck!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 2:29:32 PM

Shop at My Store

It's about halfway through the season Sad so I figured I would go ahead and reveal how the prizes will be awarded.

As stated previously there will be one overall winner based on the total score from the five categories - the overall winner gets to select two prizes and picks first and last. A prize will also be awarded in the five categories plus the one I added a few weeks ago. That's a total of eight prizes that will be distributed.

Prize Selection Order

Overall Winner
Total Weekly Points Winner
Lock Pick Winner
Weekly High Score Winner
Win/Loss Percentage Winner
Monday Night Football Winner
Number of Weeks Won Winner
Overall Winner

Any ties will be decided with the playoff games.

I also have a couple more items to add to the available Prizes. Update coming soon!

Hall Liquidations