Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Complain about CCL thread Options
comicscastle
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 1:35:31 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Use this thread to voice any complaints you have about CCL in general, the website, forums, database, CCL brick & mortar store, where the money goes, Approvers, Moderators, Administrators or any other topic you want to voice an opinion on that has something to do with CCL.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 1:39:04 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
Use this thread to voice any complaints you have about CCL in general, the website, forums, database, CCL brick & mortar store, where the money goes, Approvers, Moderators, Administrators or any other topic you want to voice an opinion on that has something to do with CCL.
Please keep it civil!Pray

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 1:50:35 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I am predicted this thread to be one of the most active this site has seen in a long time. By Monday, it could be at 10 or more pages.

I personally haven't had any major issues with CCL. I just find it weird that the owners(?) of the site have gone silent in the forums for so long. Maybe they talk on the facebook page or twitter, or another of those awful social media things that I am not aware of, if they are, I will never hear the news because I stay away from all those types of sites.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 1:55:32 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

jbeeman85 wrote:
I am predicted this thread to be one of the most active this site has seen in a long time. By Monday, it could be at 10 or more pages.

I personally haven't had any major issues with CCL. I just find it weird that the owners(?) of the site have gone silent in the forums for so long. Maybe they talk on the facebook page or twitter, or another of those awful social media things that I am not aware of, if they are, I will never hear the news because I stay away from all those types of sites.

Yeah, they make announcements on the CCL Facebook page, about the brick and mortar store that has taken all their attention and promises for CCL away from us.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 2:13:12 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I started this thread because it seems a complaint thread is always popping up somewhere. Now we can keep everything in one area and when we get off topic (where's the money--CCL store--no one is ever in the forums--nothing is ever updated--etc) we will actually still be on topic.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.

KingZombie
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 10:19:18 PM

Groups: Member

It's very simple for me. I want to see updates to the software and the website. I'm just not going to subscribe or sell on here anymore until I see at least one new thing that's been promised.

It's been too long and too many times that they have given very wide general time frames and those time frames have come and gone and we've seen nothing.

Don't take my money, make promises and then don't deliver.

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 10:54:18 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

KingZombie wrote:

Don't take my money, make promises and then don't deliver.

yeah, that's what our highest elected officials are for!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BruceReville
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 4:08:39 PM

East Bay Comics refuses to do a Buy 1 Get 20 Free special Angry

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 10:51:21 PM

BruceReville wrote:
East Bay Comics refuses to do a Buy 1 Get 20 Free special Angry

Haha. I'd be up for this.

This thread is a great idea. So many complaints that need to be issued. I'm not gonna list them here... I said my piece in the other thread.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 11:24:57 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Well I'm back from my trip, at the moment I'm a bit shot from driving 7900 miles & have some work to do to get my store back up & running (including repairing some damage from a lightning strike). I did get a chance to stop by CCL on Thursday, browsed the bins, chatted with Steve a bit.

I pretty much understand the plan, I think the intentions are good & they genuinely want to improve CCL, I did not come away convinced that improvents are coming anytime soon though. It seems most of the energy is going into the new site for used games, once that is up & running they will copy the platform & use it for the new CCL. There's a lot of ground to cover with limited $, I'm going to make the best of the current site because IMO we're going to be stuck with it for a while, 6 months under a best case scenario. Personally I wouldn't even take a stab at a timeline until the gaming site is up because I'm sure it'll take a minimum of several months to tailor the platform to CCL.

For anyone out there (including me) who was hoping for a return to free CCL to boost traffic, not happening. The next version will be priced the same or higher but with the same 1 month trial.

I'm sure some of you have some questions, I can probably answer a few, I'll stop back in later this evening.

Doug at Treehouse

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
teh_longinator
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 11:27:34 AM

CrossbowComics wrote:
Well I'm back from my trip, at the moment I'm a bit shot from driving 7900 miles & have some work to do to get my store back up & running (including repairing some damage from a lightning strike). I did get a chance to stop by CCL on Thursday, browsed the bins, chatted with Steve a bit.

I pretty much understand the plan, I think the intentions are good & they genuinely want to improve CCL, I did not come away convinced that improvents are coming anytime soon though. It seems most of the energy is going into the new site for used games, once that is up & running they will copy the platform & use it for the new CCL. There's a lot of ground to cover with limited $, I'm going to make the best of the current site because IMO we're going to be stuck with it for a while, 6 months under a best case scenario. Personally I wouldn't even take a stab at a timeline until the gaming site is up because I'm sure it'll take a minimum of several months to tailor the platform to CCL.

For anyone out there (including me) who was hoping for a return to free CCL to boost traffic, not happening. The next version will be priced the same or higher but with the same 1 month trial.

I'm sure some of you have some questions, I can probably answer a few, I'll stop back in later this evening.

Doug at Treehouse

They're working on a used gaming site? Like, video games, or tabletop?

This would have been nice of them to announce here -_-'

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 11:55:32 AM

CrossbowComics wrote:

Doug at Treehouse

If this was explained, I think I would have been a bit more at ease about it. From our points of view, it looked like all the attention had been ditched from CCL and put into this new brick & mortar store. But attention was also going into the game software, which also benefits CCL.

I had no idea they were actually working on the game site. They had mentioned it, in passing, during a conversation once that they were thinking about it.

It makes perfect sense that they would be waiting for this project to complete if the plan was to use the new software developed for it as an update for CCL. And new software development is a slow process.

If we can get some confirmation on this from admin, that would be great!

And I'd LOVE to beta this game software, if there is going to be a beta (please?). I have a decent classic game collection that spans from a '70s Pong console to current-generation (XBox 360).

Spider-Man
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 1:39:27 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:

But attention was also going into the game software, which also benefits CCL.

How?

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 1:56:31 PM

Spider-Man wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

How?

According to CrossbowComics, which I'm waiting to see any confirmation on from the admin:

CrossbowComics wrote:
It seems most of the energy is going into the new site for used games, once that is up & running they will copy the platform & use it for the new CCL.

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:40:29 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:

I pretty much understand the plan, I think the intentions are good & they genuinely want to improve CCL, I did not come away convinced that improvents are coming anytime soon though. It seems most of the energy is going into the new site for used games, once that is up & running they will copy the platform & use it for the new CCL.

So that means Steve flat out LIED in his coming soon thread. he stated on numerous occasions they had written substantial checks for a new and improved CCL. When in fact they are writing checks for a used gaming platform, which they will later try to convert to a used comic platform.

I see a monumental failure coming soon! Trying to convert one platform to another usually ends badly. One of the huge problems with CCL is its inability to add other things, ie action figures etc because it was NOT made for those things. So to try and convert a used game site to a used comic site will do the exact same thing FAIL.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

comicscastle
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:46:31 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:

So that means Steve flat out LIED in his coming soon thread.

You sound like you're surprised. Ask Xylob if he's surprised. I know I'm not.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:49:59 PM

comicscastle wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

So that means Steve flat out LIED in his coming soon thread.

He already revealed all the "Coming Soon" stuff was for the Brick & Mortar store. Which was quite disappointing and the final straw that put me in the "I'll believe it when I see it" mood considering updates.

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:06:24 PM

comicscastle wrote:

I am. I havent been here that long to see previous lies but guess it is common.

BurningDoom wrote:

He already revealed all the "Coming Soon" stuff was for the Brick & Mortar store. Which was quite disappointing and the final straw that put me in the "I'll believe it when I see it" mood considering updates.

I am talking about the updates for here. He made several posts about how they were heavily invested in a new ccl with new programmers. When in fact that programmers are building a used gaming site.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:10:30 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Spider-Man wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

How?
supposedly it will be another revenue stream just like the B&M store.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:52:11 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

To me a new site for used games is a bad idea. Yes gamestop & other gamer stores are doing good but playstation & xbox are working on doing away with game disk & having everything load on your system. Give it acouple of years you will see.

I think its crap they are useing CCL money to open a store & now a used game store. To me you would think finishing one project is better then half XXXXX a bunch of projects