Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
VA Comicon Nov 22-23 News Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 8:05:02 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Greetings!

This is Brett from the VA Comicon in Richmond, VA, and I hope you are doing GREAT today!

Today's email is simple. We are EXACTLY 6 months away from the BIGGEST VA Comicon EVER on November 22-23 at the Richmond International Raceway complex And we have JUST opened up General admission tickets!

We are pleased to announce almost a DOZEN Cosplay guests, a $1,000 cash costume contest (our biggest YET!), Over 100+ creators including Herb Trimpe, the co-creator of Wolverine, Dan Parent, the cover artist for Betty and Veronica, Brian Shearer, the artist of Dr. Who and Dozens upon dozens more!

Do you like Anime and Manga? The Anime Mid-Atlantic is hosting Richmond's LARGEST Anime show (2,500 square feet!) right in the middle of our Nov 22-23 VA Comicon, included FREE with your VA Comicon Admission!

Do you love those famous cars? We have a Ghostbusters Ecto X-B and Deloreans (plural!). Do you love classic comics? We will have booth after booth of investment-grade Golden Age and Silver Age comics as well as over 100,000 new and vintage comics for sale from $1 on up, as well as some of the most collectible action figures!

This show is going to be MASSIVE! We absolutely hit capacity last year, and we don't want YOU to miss out in 2014, where we are packing the show even tighter with the hottest vendors, creators and guests.

To make sure YOU, our loyal fans, get the BEST deal, we have just opened up 100 Weekend VIP passes for only $19.95 which include:

1) Free Parking
2) Early admission Saturday and Sunday
3) Admission ALL weekend, including a special VIP only show Saturday night
4) 1 Free Child Ticket (12 and under)
5) 1 Free Silver Edition TMNT comic exclusive LTD 1000 by guest Matt Slay
6) Admission to the Comic Book Live! Improv show Saturday night
7) Entry to the $1,000 Cash Prize Costume Contest
8) A Dog Tag with art exclusive to the show by The Franchize

Be sure to support the VA Comicon...Richmond's favorite Cosplay event, and home for investment comic books for almost 30 years! See what Bleeding Cool News calls "the best convention to get the bang for your buck".

Here's the Direct Link. Tickets JUST went on sale. This show has almost twice the vendor space as our 2013 show! Artists, Vendors...registration how also re-opened.

Here's the link for EVERYONE, we will see you there:

http://vacomicon.com/2-day-show-2014/

Regards,

Brett Carreras
Promoter of the VA Comicon
Thanks for being loyal fans!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 12:55:55 PM

Shop at My Store

Greetings!

Thank you ALL for making our show in June our BEST attended VA Comicon 1-day event EVER!

Following up on that fun, we are proud to let you know we are co-sponsoring a FREE pop-art show TONIGHT happening as part of First Fridays. It will be held in our gallery at 109-A E. Grace Street in RIchmond, VA TONIGHT, Friday July 11 and was 100% organized by the Lacey Twins.

The Facebook event page for tonight's FREE gallery opening. be sure to ask for your free Comics and free tickets! https://www.facebook.com/events/461139784025647/

All of the info on First Fridays is at http://rvafirstfridays.com/

Oh yeah...three other things...we will be giving away FREE comic books and FREE cosplay Tickets for our August 31st show to the first 500 people that stop by tonight.

Finally...I wanted to share with all of you our diagram for our NEW Location in November. We expanded to include one of the largest small press shows on the planet (over 20,000+ square feet!) we will now host Richmond's largest Anime show! PLUS as an added bonus we have added an awesome itty-bitty car show. This is in addition to over 10,000 square feet of vintage collectibles. We are about to announce some really cool artists like Herb Trimpe, Larry Hama and more.

So, be sure to check out the diagram below (for November) to see what we have been working on, and be sure to come to the FREE Pop Art show tonight in down town Richmond. I'll be there on hand to answer any of your VA Comicon questions. Just look for the guy wearing the VA Comicon t-shirt (yup, I'm THAT guy)!

Regards,

Brett Carreras
Locally owned and operated for over 28 years
http://www.vacomicon.com

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

ratrapp
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 3:33:03 PM
Groups: Member

I'm not wanting to complain but your june show was a bit of a dud to me.i'm interested in comics and you had very few actual comic vendors.you had plenty of artists and other things but were lacking on actual sellers.several other people I talked to felt the same way.we drove over 2 hours and I never leave a comic con with money but I did on this one.ihope you have more actual sellers at your next show.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 3:56:02 PM

Shop at My Store

Yes, unfortunately Brett had 3 vendors cancel at the last minute for various reasons and he was unable to get anyone to fill the space on such short notice. Hence the artists and cosplayers, etc. He wasn't very happy about it either.

The November show was originally supposed to be smaller but there was so much interest from Sellers that Brett has upgraded to a larger space. I can almost guarantee that you will drive home with an empty wallet and a pile of comics! Big Grin

I will be there, though not as a seller. My friend who is a Wizard will also be in attendance to perform live magic tricks. Should be a blast, hope to see you!

Hall Liquidations

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 4:02:47 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

If you ever need a vendor in a pinch, let us know. We are pretty mobile.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 4:52:37 PM

Shop at My Store

I'll pass that along to Brett. If you, or any seller, are interested in setting up at any VA Comicon let me know. I can get you in touch with the big guy. Just for clarification, I am Brett's employee but I don't have anything to do with the Convention. He's got different people for that. But I would be more than happy to help out if anyone needs it. Sometimes I can even get Exclusive Variant covers as well. Let me know!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:39:16 PM

Shop at My Store

Greetings!

This is Brett from the VA Comicon, and boy do we have pretty much the biggest news we have EVER announced about the shows here in Richmond, so here goes:

We will be running TWO more shows in 2014. The first will be at the Clarion on August 31st. The second will be at the Richmond Raceway Complex on Nov 22-23 in our largest location YET (50,000+ square feet!).

We REALLY think we have a GREAT 1-day show, and the 2-day show is 10 TIMES the size of that show, with over 100 10'x10' booths in Artists' Alley alone!

We have decided to keep November 22-23 weekend passes at only $19.95 each, but now you get 1 free ticket to our AUGUST show for every NOVEMBER ticket you purchase. Yep...2 shows for less than $20...and the second one includes Richmond's largest Anime Show, a Car show, a $1,000 cash costume contest and over 10,000 square feet of vintage collectibles for sale!

If you absolutely cannot make it to the November show, we REALLY want you to still be at our August event...so we haven opened up 100 FREE Cosplay tickets to that event as well.

To get your FREE ticket to our August show, go on over to www.VAComicon.com and register now. Below is the brand new diagram for November. It's gonna be HUGE (Just announced: We are moving across the parking lot to the GIANT Expo Hall!).

Regarding the 2-day show, Check out our GIANT guest-list on the website. We just added Larry Hama (GI JOE), Tom King (Grayson), Billy Tucci (Shi), Comic Book Live! (Hollywood's top cosplay improv group) and MORE. We managed to double in size and keep the admission at only $20. Not gonna lie...I'm feeling pretty darned good about that.

Remember, The more you continue to support your local comic show, the harder it makes us work to put on the best shows and bring the finest licensed collectibles to Richmond (Like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles exclusive comic covered in Silver Foil you can only get at our November show). Thanks again for all of your help, and have a GREAT day!

Regards,

Brett Carreras

Remember, to get the LATEST up to the second info on the show, become our Facebook Fan HERE. It's THE way to get daily info on ALL of our comic shows!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:00:35 PM

Shop at My Store

September 3, 2014

For Immediate Release

Art Legend Steve Rude Joins Virginia Comicon

Nexus Co-Creator Heads to Richmond for November 22-23 Show

[Richmond, Virginia] Acclaimed artist Steve Rude, co-creator of Nexus and illustrator of a whole slate of high profile comic book projects, will be a guest for the Virginia Comicon's two-day show, Saturday and Sunday, November 22-23, 2014 at the Richmond International Raceway, 602 E Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA 23222.

Steve "The Dude" Rude broke onto the comic book scene with the arrival of Capital Comics' Nexus #1 in 1981. The black and white, magazine format publication introduced readers to Horatio Hellpop, also known as Nexus, the powerful, dream-plagued avenger for the victims of mass murderers. Nexus #1 also introduced fans to the artwork of the character's co-creator, Steve Rude.

A dark-yet-optimistic space opera, Nexus was populated with humans and a vast array of alien races, including the Thunes, the Quattros, the Giz and many others. It was set in regions of space ranging from the foreboding to the highly humorous, and it seamlessly combined over-the-top action with nuanced personal interaction. All of this set the stage for Rude's artwork to shine. He showcased not only his comic book influences such as Jack Kirby, Alex Toth and Russ Manning, but his fine art chops as well.

After three issues, the black and white magazine format Nexus was traded in for a full-color, standard size comic books, first from Capital Comics and then for a long run from First Comics, initially ending with Nexus #80. It was subsequently revived at Dark Horse Comics as a series of mini-series. After a brief stint in self-publishing, the character's new adventures presently appear in Dark Horse Presents, with the original publications collected in archival hardcover editions (Nexus Archives) and soft covers (NexusOmnibus).

"Whether you got to know Steve Rude's work on Nexus, World's Finest, Mister Miracle, Space Ghost, The Incredible Hulk vs. Superman or any of his other projects, you no doubt understand why he's won multiple Eisner Awards, the 1984 Russ Manning Most Promising Newcomer Award, the Inkpot, the 1986 Jack Kirby Award (Best Artist for Nexus), and the 1991 Harvey Award (Best Artist for World's Finest)," said Virginia Comicon promoter Brett Carreras. "Steve is doing some of the best work of his career, and we're so pleased to finally have him onboard for our big two-day show. It's no surprise why so many of our fans have told me Steve is their favorite artist. We are going to give these fans EXACTLY what they want...The Dude is working on a special art print and a 2-part live art demonstration JUST for his fans in Richmond!"

Rude joins a roster that includes Wolverine co-creator and veteran Incredible Hulk artist Herb Trimpe and longtime G.I. Joe writer-artist Larry Hama, as well as previously announced guests including (in alphabetical order) Steve Bird (Pacific Rim), Brian Clevinger (Atomic Robo), Sam Ellis (Archer), Dan Fogel (Fogel's Underground Price Guide and Grading Guide), Danielle Frazetta (Frazetta Books and Prints), Jerry Gaylord (Fanboys vs. Zombies), Penelope "Peng-Peng" Gaylord (Fanboys vs. Zombies), Randy Green (Witchblade), Rick Ketcham (Amazing Spider-Man), Tom King (Grayson), Dan Nokes (Impossible Space Tales of The Last Pit Stop), Dan Parent (Archie), Alex Saviuk (Web of Spider-Man), Brian Shearer (GI Joe), Matt Slay (Time Travel Tales), Louis Small, Jr. (Vampirella), Rick Spears (The Auteur), Billy Tucci (Shi), Bryan "Flash" Turner (Fanboys vs. Zombies), J.C. Vaughn (The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide), and John "Waki" Wycough (Vitriol).

The show has a full slate of independent comic book creators, cosplay guests, horror TV legend Count Gore DeVol, film and TV replica cars, media guests, and much more. There will be panel discussions, a costume contest, and more.

Additional guests will be added soon. Please check the show's site
and see which of YOUR friends have RSVP'd on our Facebook Event Page (over 1,000+ fans have already signed up).

Tickets are now available online. A list of show exclusive variant covers and other material will be announced shortly.

About The Virginia Comicon

What Guy Rose started as the "Chester Comic Collector Club" more than 28 years ago has grown to become the greatest comic book event in the state. After well over two decades of one-day shows, The Virginia Comicon now hosts one two-day convention and four one-day shows each year under the direction of show promoter Brett Carreras. Attracting top creative talent, retailers, collectors and fans, the show offers a family-friendly experience.

Brett Carreras

info@vacomicon.com

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 12:11:23 PM

Shop at My Store

September 12, 2014

For Immediate Release

VA Comicon Exclusive: TMNT/Ghostbusters #1

Rarest(?) TMNT and Ghostbusters ever at Nov 22-23 Show

[Richmond, Virginia] "The Virginia Comicon is going to offer what I believe is not only the rarest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles convention exclusive ever, but also the rarest Ghostbusters convention exclusive ever!" said Virginia Comicon promoter Brett Carreras.

Two versions of IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #1 will be available at the long-running Virginia Comicon's two-day show, Saturday and Sunday, November 22-23, 2014 at the Richmond International Raceway, 602 E Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA 23222.

With cover art by show guest Matt Slay, the red foil edition of TMNT/Ghostbusters #1 will be limited to 1,000 copies, and the gold foil edition will be limited to only 250 copies.

"Many fans know that Gobbledygook #1 and 2 are widely acknowledged as the rarest Turtles appearances to date, and rightly so, but at 250 copies our gold foil edition of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #1 could very well be the rarest for each of these storied franchises," Carreras said

Convention attendees can advance order up to five copies of the red foil edition. Slay will be on hand to sign copies of both editions free of charge for the duration of the show.

Slay, a Virginia Comicon favorite, joins a guest roster headlined by Wolverine co-creator and veteran Incredible Hulk artist Herb Trimpe, longtime G.I. Joe writer-artist Larry Hama, and Nexus co-creator and artist Steve Rude.

The line-up of previously announced guests also includes (in alphabetical order) Steve Bird (Pacific Rim), Brian Clevinger (Atomic Robo), Sam Ellis (Archer), Dan Fogel (Fogel's Underground Price Guide and Grading Guide), Danielle Frazetta (Frazetta Books and Prints), Randy Green (Witchblade), Rick Ketcham (Amazing Spider-Man), Tom King (Grayson), Dan Nokes (Impossible Space Tales of The Last Pit Stop), Dan Parent (Archie), Alex Saviuk (Web of Spider-Man), Brian Shearer (GI Joe), Louis Small, Jr. (Vampirella), Rick Spears (The Auteur), Billy Tucci (Shi), J.C. Vaughn (The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide), and John "Waki" Wycough (Vitriol).

The show has a full slate of over 100 independent comic book creators, cosplay guests, horror TV legend Count Gore DeVol, film and TV replica cars, media guests, and much more. There will be panel discussions, a costume contest, and more.

Additional guests will be added soon. Please check the show's site and Facebook page for regular updates. Tickets are now available online. A list of show exclusive variant covers and other material will be announced shortly.

About The Virginia Comicon

What Guy Rose started as the "Chester Comic Collector Club" more than 28 years ago has grown to become the greatest comic book event in the state. After well over two decades of one-day shows, The Virginia Comicon now hosts one two-day convention and four one-day shows each year under the direction of show promoter Brett Carreras. Attracting top creative talent, retailers, collectors and fans, the show offers a family-friendly experience.

Brett Carreras

info@vacomicon.com

Cell: (804) 303-0455

Check out our Small Press Liason, Dan Nokes', latest Kickstarter project HERE!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 1:35:57 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

That TMNT cover looks amazing.