Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Mycomicshop.com / Lone Star Comics SUCKS! Options
Atilla2k
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:06:31 PM

Groups: Approver, Member

This is my letter to Buddy Saunders, I think it speaks for itself...

Atilla2k wrote:
Dear Mr. Buddy Saunders,

I am writing you today to express my utter disgust with your customer service department! On May 27th I ordered a “Transformers Light-Up Optimus Prime Bust and Book (2014) 1-1ST NM” as a present for my son, on May 28th it Shipped. I received the email stating that it was going to the wrong address, I called Beth Abbott to see what could be done she stated that this was the address paypal had on file and nothing could be done (quite curtly I might add). At the time I thought little about it because I have a forwarding address on file with the USPS, I checked my paypal account and verified that I only had one address on file with them. I called paypal and they stated that I indeed only have one address on file and that it must be a problem on your end. On June 2nd I saw that USPS forwarded the package when it didn’t arrive by the fourth I checked again and saw it went to NJ. Again I contacted Beth Abbott and again quite curtly she said this wasn’t her problem, I asked to speak with you and she told me no, that she’d leave my name & number for you to call me… I never received that call. On June 8th I saw my package was in Dallas Texas (nowhere near me) and contacted your customer service department and spoke with Skylar who told me that Beth was too busy to speak with me and that paypal only had the P.O. Box on file (which again is incorrect). I received an email today stating that my package was returned to your store rather than being forwarded to my CORRECT address and I could only get it resent to the same address or refunded. So today June 17th I spoke again with Skylar who repeated the email verbatim & asked to speak with Beth Abbott he returned to the line and stated that she had no time to deal with me. At this time I became quite irritated and firmly asked to speak with her, she got on the line and without any hesitation said that her associate has said her stance on this matter and that she was refunding my purchase and to never order from Lone Star Comics again and HUNG UP ON ME! I have never, ever, been treated with such disrespect! I called back and spoke with Skylar who refused to give me your voicemail or office telephone number, only this email address. I am so disgusted, I cannot even put into words what I truly feel about Beth Abbott and her parrot Skylar. AND to top it off Beth Abbott deleted my account with you! I swear on all that is holy I will spread the word far and wide about this treatment!

-Joseph E. Toth

mycomicshop.com order 052768298793

wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums=92419901068481553035147971&track.x=Track

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

bovard
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:31:08 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

That sounds like a really frustrating issue. At least you are getting refunded, but man I know how irritating it can be when customer service reps provide poor service. I've had my share of similar issues as well.

I have also been on both ends of the wrong address situation. The last time I moved, I still had checks with my former address on them, and then I made a big purchase for some Silver age X-Men issues, and paid by check. Well, the purchase was through ebay, and I thought they would ship them to my current address on file with ebay, but the seller sent them to the address on the check.

Once I figured out they went the wrong way, I contacted the seller, and they said they always ship to the address associated with payment, needless to say I thought they should have shipped them to me, right? But, after I cooled down, and now some 10 years later, I can see their point. It was tough to resolve, because the seller could not really do anything about it while the package was in transit. Have you ever tried dealing with USPS about a lost package, or package sent to the wrong address? They do not really help you either.

Basically I just had to wait, and contact my previous apartment complex management about it. Then I had to buy postage and ask them to ship it to me. It all worked out eventually, but man what a stressful few weeks...

As a seller I have also shipped books to the address listed with paypal, only to have the buyer tell me I sent them to the wrong address. I mean, what are you supposed to do hear? Who's in the right? At some point it does'nt even matter, it's more about how do we track down the package and get it to the right place. Again, really tough because you're dealing with USPS or some shipping company, and they can't really tell you much, because the package is somewhere out on the road.

Anyway, sorry man you had such poor treatment over there.

One thing that confused me was why you have a forwarding address, sounds like maybe there was some cunfusion over that, and also sounded like Lonestar shipped to the address they had for you, and for some reason it was they wrong one. Maybe they made a mistake, or maybe there was a glitch with the paypal adress you had listed. In any case, that's no excuse for the lousy customer service.

Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:34:11 PM

Groups: Member

Wow, that sucks. I have an extensive customer service background and if I found out any of my employees ever treated a customer that way, they'd soon find themselves out of a job.

I've shopped at Mycomicshop a few times and never had a problem. I may have to reconsider going there again in the future.

I hope this works out for you. Good luck.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Atilla2k
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:58:40 PM

Groups: Approver, Member

Shadowdodger wrote:
Wow, that sucks. I have an extensive customer service background and if I found out any of my employees ever treated a customer that way, they'd soon find themselves out of a job.

I've shopped at Mycomicshop a few times and never had a problem. I may have to reconsider going there again in the future.

I hope this works out for you. Good luck.

Buddy Saunders to Me wrote:
Hi Joseph,

We shipped to the address you provided through PayPal. Because PayPal will not cover a loss if merchandise is shipped to a different address than that provided by PayPal, our policy is not to change a shipping address. That is a reasonable policy and it was explained to you.

Your order was handled properly and our calls handled courteously. But given your behavior, we are pleased that you will be taking your future business elsewhere

Sincerely Yours,
Buddy Saunders
Lone Star Comics
511 E. Abram St.
Arlington, TX 76010
(817) 860-7827 FAX (817) 860-2769
buddy@lonestarcomics.com

You've got to be shytting me, I was nothing but polite every phone call, even the last one was polite if not strained due to irritation!

bovard wrote:
That sounds like a really frustrating issue. At least you are getting refunded, but man I know how irritating it can be when customer service reps provide poor service. I've had my share of similar issues as well.

I have also been on both ends of the wrong address situation. The last time I moved, I still had checks with my former address on them, and then I made a big purchase for some Silver age X-Men issues, and paid by check. Well, the purchase was through ebay, and I thought they would ship them to my current address on file with ebay, but the seller sent them to the address on the check.

Once I figured out they went the wrong way, I contacted the seller, and they said they always ship to the address associated with payment, needless to say I thought they should have shipped them to me, right? But, after I cooled down, and now some 10 years later, I can see their point. It was tough to resolve, because the seller could not really do anything about it while the package was in transit. Have you ever tried dealing with USPS about a lost package, or package sent to the wrong address? They do not really help you either.

Basically I just had to wait, and contact my previous apartment complex management about it. Then I had to buy postage and ask them to ship it to me. It all worked out eventually, but man what a stressful few weeks...

As a seller I have also shipped books to the address listed with paypal, only to have the buyer tell me I sent them to the wrong address. I mean, what are you supposed to do hear? Who's in the right? At some point it does'nt even matter, it's more about how do we track down the package and get it to the right place. Again, really tough because you're dealing with USPS or some shipping company, and they can't really tell you much, because the package is somewhere out on the road.

Anyway, sorry man you had such poor treatment over there.

One thing that confused me was why you have a forwarding address, sounds like maybe there was some cunfusion over that, and also sounded like Lonestar shipped to the address they had for you, and for some reason it was they wrong one. Maybe they made a mistake, or maybe there was a glitch with the paypal adress you had listed. In any case, that's no excuse for the lousy customer service.

The thing is Paypal verified that I only have 1 shipping address on file. I have a forwarding service with the USPS b/c I bought a house and closed my P.O.Box, so anyone I forgot to change my address with can still send me mail. At which point I would then contact them with the correct address. I had changed my Paypal account and store account shipping address the very day I closed on my house in february.

PCPaperbacks
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:50:50 PM

I ordered some stuff from them off there website, most of it was fine, stuff to complete my Marvel Tales Spiderman run. I was decided to finish out my run on Gen 13 from the last series cuz it was cheap on MyComicShop. I only needed 3 issues. In the mail I got the issue from the first series but the correct numbers I wanted from the last series. I called to see if they could send the issues I wanted... the guy said he'd refund the money for the wrong 3 issues, but I would have to reorder for the last series... I questioned this philosophy on why that was the case... the guy acted like he was stoned and didn't understand my question... I just said thanks for the refund and hung up! I only ordered from them to finish a run of Marvel Tales Spiderman that was not available on this site. I will not order form MyComicShop again.

Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"

Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:00:58 PM

Shop at My Store

Maybe Lonestar kept your address on file from an initial order you placed years ago, and never bothered checking or updating their info since then. That could be why they kept insisting they sent your stuff to your paypal address.

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:15:49 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

my latest order from them was less than "stellar"
supposedly processed in one day, but didn't get shipped for another 6... 3 items completely missing (but still billed) and 2 items incorrect.
They did refund the 3 missing items and even refunded what they charged for the incorrect items, but no offer to exchange etc. Just stuck with two free books I have no use for. Of course by the time I got the order the right items they sent the wrong item for weren't in stock anymore (if they ever actually were)...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:24:58 PM

Atilla2k wrote:

The thing is Paypal verified that I only have 1 shipping address on file. I have a forwarding service with the USPS b/c I bought a house and closed my P.O.Box, so anyone I forgot to change my address with can still send me mail. At which point I would then contact them with the correct address. I had changed my Paypal account and store account shipping address the very day I closed on my house in february.

While I think mycomicshop obviously was horrible, I would put some of the blame on paypal. Even though you might only have one address listed on paypal, they save all the used addresses. I have 2 addresses on my account, my home and my home with business name. However yesterday (well any time) I go to place an order if I go to "Change Address" section of payment it gives me 8 options (6 are old addresses, from California to Indiana). When I placed my last order with mycomicshop last week it showed my address before I changed to company name. However that address isnt listed on my paypal account. Not sure why they save all these older addresses or how to remove them but they are hidden somewhere.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

bovard
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:28:18 PM

Shop at My Store

So, it sounds like they got the address wrong, for whatever reason.

If they did have an old address for you, and that's where it was shipped to, USPS forwarding services only last so long; they won't forward mail indefinately, there is a very specific time frame, then after that they no longer forward, and return to sender... that may have been what happened.

They should have handled it way differently. You could have easily been refunded, and then replace the order with a different address, since you confirmed your current payapl address is correct.

Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:15:20 PM

bovard wrote:

If they did have an old address for you, and that's where it was shipped to, USPS forwarding services only last so long; they won't forward mail indefinately, there is a very specific time frame, then after that they no longer forward, and return to sender... that may have been what happened.

They should have handled it way differently. You could have easily been refunded, and then replace the order with a different address, since you confirmed your current payapl address is correct.

A forwarding address lasts for 12 months. I recently had to do one. I don't think it's been that long since Atilla closed on his house from what I remember him posting, so it should have been forwarded if they indeed sent it to his old P.O. Box. Someone screwed up somewhere. Either Lonestar sent it to the wrong, new or old, address or USPS failed to forward it.

bovard
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:26:41 PM

Shop at My Store

Reggie wrote:
bovard wrote:

A forwarding address lasts for 12 months. I recently had to do one. I don't think it's been that long since Atilla closed on his house from what I remember him posting, so it should have been forwarded if they indeed sent it to his old P.O. Box. Someone screwed up somewhere. Either Lonestar sent it to the wrong, new or old, address or USPS failed to forward it.

Oh, ok, I could not remember how long the forwarding address lasted.

It's really unfortunate because it started off as a simple mistake by someone, and could have easily been resolved, except the customer service people dropped the ball because they failed to have the ability to think for themselves, and work to problem solve and find a solution for the customer.

Telling the customer, "sorry there's nothing we can do about it," when their order is lost in the mail is really poor service, and then when it finally does get returned, telling the customer the only option is to ship it to that same wrong addresss again... unbelievable. Yeah, I understand the policy Lonestar is talking about in regards to the shipping address, but offering to ship it to the same wrong address is absurd.

BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:35:22 PM

Reggie wrote:

That's A Lie! My mom rented a room to a guy who unfortunately died in the house back in 1993 and I am still getting mail for him - I haven't lived in the house since 1998 and the house no longer exists - it was leveled to make a 4 Lane road - I am still getting his forwarded mail - Lol

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:43:29 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
Reggie wrote:

That's A Lie! My mom rented a room to a guy who unfortunately died in the house back in 1993 and I am still getting mail for him - I haven't lived in the house since 1998 and the house no longer exists - it was leveled to make a 4 Lane road - I am still getting his forwarded mail - Lol

That is USPS efficiency! Rolling on the Floor

As to the topic, poor customer service is ridiculous. Why would you abuse your customers, the very reason that you are in business? D'oh

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 7:59:43 PM

BruceReville wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Holy Crap!

kisstour03
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:25:25 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Due to their screwy shipping policies I only order from Lonestar on their Ebay store. And haven't even done that in a couple of years. And after this story maybe never again. I assume the guy you got the last email from is the owner? If so what an asshat.
SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:42:18 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I've made three increasingly large purchases from Lone Star in the past year after building a redundant wish list with them (no easy task at 900+ issues).

The first purchase was okay but had some incorrect non-variants sent when I bought the variant. They said their policy is to pay up to $5 for "standard" shipping (whatever that is) to return the books within two weeks and then they would refund. There was no offer of replacing or swapping or anything that resembled customer service. It was only a couple cheapy issues, so I didn't bother and just listed them here.

The second order was double the cost of the first and had similar variant problems and missing COAs and a polybagged magazine that was very cleanly cut open and the cards removed (even though it was solicited as sealed with cards). All this even though I specifically notedy prior problems and wanting exact items as advertised. Again, the value of the errors simply wasn't worth my time or effort.

Last month was my third order and almost triple the value of the original order. I was trying to fill some holes and wrap up my Valiant collection. But another round of wrong variants, double shipped & charged issue and a missing issue. I emailed them to confirm the return address and got a curt, unapologetic response from Beth Abbott. So I packed it up and sent it Priority delivery for yesterday. I've yet to here back or see my refund (which I think I should have immediately received for the missing issue upon notification).

In the meantime, it appears that they have deleted my account with them along with my wish list. Maybe it's just frozen pending the return process but considering my email inquiry about the account has gone unanswered for days, I doubt it.

Oh, and their packing is utter s#it. Tons of dingged corners.

So, while I'd tapped most of what they were likely to have in stock that I wanted I hadn't completely ruled out shopping there again knowing the risks (kind of like monidaw1 here). But they made the choice for me.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
wpmcclure
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:14:43 PM

kisstour03 wrote:
Due to their screwy shipping policies I only order from Lonestar on their Ebay store. And haven't even done that in a couple of years. And after this story maybe never again. I assume the guy you got the last email from is the owner? If so what an asshat.

I've been banned from the ebay store. No reason and they don't care that I'm banned. I have perfect feedback...not sure how they are still in business.

TheComicStore
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:16:01 PM

Shop at My Store

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:10:23 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Why bother? His email to Atilla makes it pretty clear he wouldn't give a damn...
Who needs us losers when there are still millions of other suckers he can screw over!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:00:51 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Atilla2k wrote:
[quote=Buddy Saunders to Me]Hi Joseph,

We shipped to the address you provided through PayPal. Because PayPal will not cover a loss if merchandise is shipped to a different address than that provided by PayPal, our policy is not to change a shipping address. That is a reasonable policy and it was explained to you.

Your order was handled properly and our calls handled courteously. But given your behavior, we are pleased that you will be taking your future business elsewhere

Sincerely Yours,
Buddy Saunders

Let's break this down.

We shipped to the address you provided through PayPal
You have verified that PayPal only has one address for you.

our policy is not to change a shipping address
What does this mean? Never? People do move occasionally.

Your order was handled properly

Debatable. It may have been handled properly but you never received it so...

our calls handled courteously
Doesn't sound like it.

we are pleased that you will be taking your future business elsewhere
This should be their new corporate motto. I don't know if I have ever heard a business owner say something like this to a customer without some very serious affront.

Like Xylob just stated, there are still millions of people out there for them to sucker. I will not be one of them.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations