Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Where is the outrage! Captain America is a black man? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:57:14 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Stephen Colbert broke the news earlier this week: Sam Wilson takes over as Cap

It's time for some people to get their white hoods all starched and ironed up!

I think it's a brilliant choice. Sam Wilson has been a stalwart hero in the Marvel Universe for decades and I think he will do a fine job keeping Cap's shield warm until Steve regains his abilities.

I'm less pleased with the decision to turn Thor into a girl.Laughing If they wanted to do Thor as a girl, what's wrong with Valkyrie?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:52:38 AM

Groups: Member

I don't keep up with Marvel so why is Thor a girl and why is Falcon the new Captain America? Wasn't this done not too many years ago by Marvel when Steve was "killed" and Bucky became Cap and there was some weird guy who was the new Thor?

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:07:59 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

At least Thor isn't a frog!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:18:12 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

There are no new ideas anymore, only recycled ones.

Other people who have been Captain America:

John Walker - once the Super-Patriot, currently U.S. Agent
Bucky "Winter Soldier" Barnes

There were almost a half dozen other replacement Cap's briefly at some time or another plus in Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty, Sam assumes the identity when Steve goes down. Don't forget Isaiah Bradley from the Red, White and Black mini either.

Thor has never been a woman but Loki has. Thor has had a number of identities as well.

Eric Masterson, Sigurd Jarlson, Jake Olson oh yeah, and Don Blake. And the frog!!!

If it makes for a good story I'm all for it.

We all know that Steve will be back at some point, right? Big Grin

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:19:55 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I actually saw outrage about this on Facebook. Before I read the Cap news, I was lost as to why he was ranting about comic book political agendas and pandering. Dean Trippe put it best, "If you can't like Captain America anymore because he's black there's a word for that."

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 9:33:13 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

sequentialart wrote:
More attempts at faux "diversity." More generating of "controversial stunts," rather than solid and effective storytelling. It's nothing new. It seems that's all Marvel and DC are able to do anymore. Sad. Sigh

Says the guy with Kyle Raynor as his avatar.

Nothing personal. Just thought it was ironic. And proof that controversial stunts and solid and effective storytelling aren't mutual exclusive.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:36:31 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I don't have a problem with Sam stepping in. He has earned his shot and has been one of Steve's best friends. What I am more annoyed with..is why in the hell didn't they just bring Bucky in from the dark and have him step back in. He was a fantastic Cap. It would have made more sense that way and they could tie it in with the movies more.

Mad Bloggings

icarus201
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 6:05:31 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Will Redwing become the new Bucky? Big Grin

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ocphil
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 6:07:42 AM

Groups: Member

Because it is a sales gimmick and we know it. If Marvel leaves Thor as a girl and makes Thor a girl in their next movies I will eat my hat.
jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:14:02 PM

Shop at My Store

As with all "changes" this wont stay long. It will last for a year or so then there will be a big "return" of the original. There always is.

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
pottersan
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2014 3:26:33 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Stephen Colbert broke the news earlier this week: Sam Wilson takes over as Cap

It's time for some people to get their white hoods all starched and ironed up!

I think it's a brilliant choice. Sam Wilson has been a stalwart hero in the Marvel Universe for decades and I think he will do a fine job keeping Cap's shield warm until Steve regains his abilities.

I'm less pleased with the decision to turn Thor into a girl.Laughing If they wanted to do Thor as a girl, what's wrong with Valkyrie?

I think the outrage comes with the major changes and retcons, not fill in changes.

Hell, if anybody deserves to fill in for Cap it's Sam.

They need to stop will all this crap! Nick Fury looks more like David Hasselhoff than Samuel L Jackson! Johnny Storm is Johnny Storm!

If they want to introduce more non white comic heroes, use the ones that already exist!

Black Panther, Deathlok, Luke Cage or, I don't know, CREATE SOME MORE!

Stop messing with my childhood heroes!

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics