Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Does anyone watch Honest Trailers?
MoonKnight1
Friday, October 12, 2018 9:38:29 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Does anyone watch Honest Trailers on Youtube (or wherever else)? They literally do an Honest trailer by pointing out obvious things and most are quite hilarious.

Even when they do movies (and TV shows, and video games) that you love it still is very clever and funny. I have to be careful or I'll waste all day sitting there watching them.

Just saw Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park 3 and I am still laughing! Laughing About the fourth time the velociraptor said, "Alan!" I was about to pee my pants. One of the best ever!

"Dinosaurs as stealthy as teflon clad ninjas." Rolling on the Floor
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still - Chinese Proverb

Take a look at my eBay Store! Hall Liquidations
SwiftMann
Friday, October 12, 2018 10:33:09 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Every few months I check in with Honest Trailers. Good stuff.
lcfrick
Friday, October 12, 2018 11:12:36 AM
Groups: Member
I watch both Honest Trailers and Cinema Sins, though I do prefer the latter (but then again I love a healthy dose of snark in pretty much everything.)

Jurassic Park 3 is probably the single best Honest Trailer ever, without a doubt.
jbeeman85
Friday, October 12, 2018 2:22:48 PM
I love Honest Trailers. I watch them every week. Well, if it's a movie I want to see and haven't yet, I stick it in my Watch Later.

Honest Game Trailers are also pretty good. Would probably enjoy those a lot more if I was a bigger modern gamer though. Honest Trailers is the only reason I subscribed to Screen Junkies and Honest Game Trailers is only reason I subscribed to Smosh Games. I want to be sure I don't accidentally miss one.

Also, from every Honest Trailer after they did Jurassic Park 3 through at least Infinity War, they supposedly throw in an "Alan!" (I haven't gone back to check after hearing about this to verify). Some of them you got to really watch for though. Of course some one in the comments will give you the timestamp of the "secret Alan" if you miss it.
jbeeman85
Friday, October 12, 2018 2:29:44 PM
Also, the Disney ones have some of the greatest song remixes.
MoonKnight1
Friday, October 12, 2018 2:47:30 PM
Shop at My Store
jbeeman85 wrote:
Also, from every Honest Trailer after they did Jurassic Park 3 through at least Infinity War, they supposedly throw in an "Alan!" (I haven't gone back to check after hearing about this to verify). Some of them you got to really watch for though. Of course some one in the comments will give you the timestamp of the "secret Alan" if you miss it.

Thanks a lot, dude. Now I'm going to have to go and watch them all again. Sigh D'oh

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still - Chinese Proverb

Thundercron
Saturday, October 13, 2018 5:59:32 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
"Do you like dinosaurs? Well, not for long!" Laughing
MoonKnight1
Monday, November 26, 2018 9:42:11 AM
Shop at My Store
This is amazing! The Matrix

Reminded me of a thread here a while back where people were saying that the first movie was pretty good but the sequels were godawful. I was crying/laughing towards the end of it. Almost makes me want to try and finally finish watching the third movie. Almost. Not Talking

Thundercron
Monday, November 26, 2018 10:50:36 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Pretty spot on. The series lost me when they showed Zion so early on in the second movie, and I realized it was full of people I didn't like or care about. At that point, I didn't care if the machines won.

Reloaded still had it's good moments and ideas. I only saw Revolutions once. I don't even remember how the whole thing ended.