Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Wolverine VS. Ghost Rider Options
epcomics
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:21:32 PM

Groups: Member

Wolverine ( http://en.marveldatabase.com/James_Howlett_%28Earth-616%29#Powers_and_Abilities )

VS.

Ghost Rider ( http://en.marveldatabase.com/Ghost_Rider_%28Johnny_Blaze%29#Powers_and_Abilities )

I personally think that the Penance Stare would destroy Wolverine considering the amount of pain Wolverine has caused people over the years.

www.jordanhackett.org

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fatherjeff
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:25:19 PM

I don't think that would work because I think Logan has either owned up to the unjust murders he committed or he feels no guilt over the just killings he's committed. I could be wrong, but doesn't the penance stare only work with folks who feel a certain amount of guilt somewhere deep inside?

Since you can't "kill" a demon, I'd say it would be a long battle.

Check out my reviews at the UNCANNY X-PILES!

epcomics
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:27:08 PM

fatherjeff wrote:
I don't think that would work because I think Logan has either owned up to the unjust murders he committed or he feels no guilt over the just killings he's committed. I could be wrong, but doesn't the penance stare only work with folks who feel a certain amount of guilt somewhere deep inside?

From the Marvel Database:

Penance Stare: Ghost Rider possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into his eyes to see and feel every bit of pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime.

www.jordanhackett.org

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:33:50 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I want to say Ghost Rider. He should be able to take down Logan no problem. Supernatural powers from Hell vs. natural born Mutant abilites. It shouldn't even be a contest. But as of late, Wolverine's healing abilites have gone to ridiculous levels. Once upon a time, Wolverine would take days to heal something that would normally takes months, now everything heals practically instantly. So because of Marvel's want to make him invincible lately, unfotunately I have to say Wolverine.

-Nate-

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:25:14 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Ghost Rider. Wolverine can stab GR all he wants and it wont hurt him. I think the Penance Stare would work on Logan because no matter how tough he acts he still has guilt in him somewhere. If not, then GR can always light him on fire or something. Either way, Ghost Rider wins.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
viper1980
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 6:10:28 PM

DrFate wrote:
Ghost Rider. Wolverine can stab GR all he wants and it wont hurt him. I think the Penance Stare would work on Logan because no matter how tough he acts he still has guilt in him somewhere. If not, then GR can always light him on fire or something. Either way, Ghost Rider wins.

Sorry but I have to give it to Wolverine...I agree about the stabbing but I'm a Wolvie fan and can't bet against him...You're right on the Penance Stare as well...it also might end up a draw...
fatherjeff
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 9:55:22 PM

epcomics wrote:
fatherjeff wrote:

From the Marvel Database:

Penance Stare: Ghost Rider possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into his eyes to see and feel every bit of pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime.

I stand corrected! Silenced

Check out my reviews at the UNCANNY X-PILES!

CaptainOats
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 10:12:48 PM

the penace stare would mess wolverine up...but it would be a great fight but in the end i think ghost rider comes out on top because of his supernatural abilities

"I did it! I finally killed Batman! In front of a bunch of vulnerable, disabled kids!!!! Now get me Santa Claus!"

--Joker

KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 11:02:29 PM

If GR is Zarathos again, it was mentioned by the Beyonder in a Secret Wars II story arc that this was a demon so powerful, Mephisto (Satan) is afraid of him. That's not someone you want to mess with. Of course, when Blaze is control, he's not at his full potential but still, I gotta go with GR in a fight between him and Wolverine. And it's got nothing to do with the fact that GR is my favorite comic. Whistle
viper1980
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 12:46:57 AM

KingZombie wrote:
If GR is Zarathos again, it was mentioned by the Beyonder in a Secret Wars II story arc that this was a demon so powerful, Mephisto (Satan) is afraid of him. That's not someone you want to mess with. Of course, when Blaze is control, he's not at his full potential but still, I gotta go with GR in a fight between him and Wolverine. And it's got nothing to do with the fact that GR is my favorite comic. Whistle

Point conceded...a full powered GR would be a force to be concerned with...