Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » CCLer Bios » new members
rockstonecomics
Monday, October 24, 2022 4:18:22 AM
Groups: Member
Hey everyone....about 10 years too late to the party, but finally made it! Had the account for a few years now, but finally decided to open a shop here, so Ill def be more active here if there's still a community.
RingTail
Saturday, August 12, 2023 2:17:57 AM
Every few years I resurface when I find the time to work on gathering books for my binds. I think the last time I found my way back here it was 2015…I’m still alive! Just been distracted by life. How has everybody been?

"No harm ever came from reading a book..."
pottersan
Saturday, August 12, 2023 10:42:39 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
RingTail wrote:
Every few years I resurface when I find the time to work on gathering books for my binds. I think the last time I found my way back here it was 2015…I’m still alive! Just been distracted by life. How has everybody been?
I was distracted awhile as well, but back to selling again.

Can you post some pics of your binds?

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

RingTail
Saturday, August 12, 2023 7:51:27 PM
pottersan wrote:
RingTail wrote:

Sadly, I still have yet to get that far with them. I have been gathering books for a bind idea I’ve had since 2010. Still don’t have it done. They are all bagged and boarded inside page protectors inside three ring binders. Was going to go through H and R back then, but just found out yesterday that they’ve retired and closed their services, so I’m researching Houchen now. My test bind is just waiting on me finding one final book that never gets listed anywhere. Spent years waiting for it to pop up. I just found one last night for a ridiculous price on Ebay (coming from the Netherlands of all places) that I am considering buying on my next paycheck. Then everything should be ready to finally dip my toe in the water. Once I see how it turns out, I’ll start sending in the rest of my series if I am happy with the results. The bottom shelves of my bookcases are literally nothing but the 3” wide three ring binders from end to end. Mostly Top Cow stuff (Tomb Raider, Witchblade, The Darkness, Magdalena, Angelus, etc.) but I do have one nostalgia project (Disney Beauty and the Beast) and a couple of X-Men books I want to have made, too. I know once I’ve caught the binding bug, I’ll want to do all my books. DC/Vertigo’s Egypt was going to be my test bind, but that was back in 2010. At present, I’m uncertain if I want to spend the money to have it bound as I may just sell off the series and put the funds towards getting BatB bound as my first.

Thundercron
Sunday, August 13, 2023 12:02:32 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
RingTail wrote:
pottersan wrote:
RingTail wrote:

Sadly, I still have yet to get that far with them. I have been gathering books for a bind idea I’ve had since 2010. Still don’t have it done. They are all bagged and boarded inside page protectors inside three ring binders. Was going to go through H and R back then, but just found out yesterday that they’ve retired and closed their services, so I’m researching Houchen now. My test bind is just waiting on me finding one final book that never gets listed anywhere. Spent years waiting for it to pop up. I just found one last night for a ridiculous price on Ebay (coming from the Netherlands of all places) that I am considering buying on my next paycheck. Then everything should be ready to finally dip my toe in the water. Once I see how it turns out, I’ll start sending in the rest of my series if I am happy with the results. The bottom shelves of my bookcases are literally nothing but the 3” wide three ring binders from end to end. Mostly Top Cow stuff (Tomb Raider, Witchblade, The Darkness, Magdalena, Angelus, etc.) but I do have one nostalgia project (Disney Beauty and the Beast) and a couple of X-Men books I want to have made, too. I know once I’ve caught the binding bug, I’ll want to do all my books. DC/Vertigo’s Egypt was going to be my test bind, but that was back in 2010. At present, I’m uncertain if I want to spend the money to have it bound as I may just sell off the series and put the funds towards getting BatB bound as my first.

What's the one book you can't track down?
RingTail
Sunday, August 13, 2023 11:40:54 PM
Thundercron wrote:
RingTail wrote:
pottersan wrote:
RingTail wrote:

What's the one book you can't track down?

This be the one: http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=4de08101-a8fa-40b5-9d91-ad5aa890a631