Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL News and Events » Anything new happening?
9 pages: First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, October 18, 2023 12:14:23 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Right now when I am searching the database for a title there doesn't seem to be a way to search for that specific title like there used to be. We could search "Begins With", "Ends With", "Contains" or "Exact Match". Now, if I am looking for just plain "X-Men'" it starts with "100th Anniversary: X-Men", "Adventures of Spider-Man/Adventures of the X-Men" and "Adventures of the X-Men". Then I have to scroll, scroll, scroll the mouse until I eventually get to "X-Men".

Am I missing something or is that feature no longer available?

I do see that searching "X-Men 1963" will pull up that series but what if I don't know when a particular series starting year is?

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Joe
Thursday, October 19, 2023 1:58:40 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
Thundercron wrote:
Joe wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
Not sure if I'm supposed to create a new thread for every bug. Anyway, here's a new one:

I'm price checking "Cheval Noir" using desktop. I type in the title under "Find Comics for Sale." The list populates, but not all available issues for sale turn up. For example, an issue (#7) will show "1 Item for Sale" under the publication info, but the list of stores with copies for sale will show "No Sales Items Found." However, clicking on the issue will show the store and price of the copy that is for sale. This bug is on several issues, affecting several sellers, however it's not happening on all issues. Refreshing doesn't help, so it's not a connectivity issue.

Is this a bug in the desktop software? I believe the website is showing things correctly on what you mentioned here.

This is on the website, using a desktop computer. The layout is a bit different on mobile and is not showing this problem. Not the software.

Adding this as a bug to look into. Thanks.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Joe
Thursday, October 19, 2023 2:02:39 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Right now when I am searching the database for a title there doesn't seem to be a way to search for that specific title like there used to be. We could search "Begins With", "Ends With", "Contains" or "Exact Match". Now, if I am looking for just plain "X-Men'" it starts with "100th Anniversary: X-Men", "Adventures of Spider-Man/Adventures of the X-Men" and "Adventures of the X-Men". Then I have to scroll, scroll, scroll the mouse until I eventually get to "X-Men".

I do see that searching "X-Men 1963" will pull up that series but what if I don't know when a particular series starting year is?

That will be in an advanced search that is in our upgrade path. The old search had it, but it was very, very slow, and taxed the servers. We wanted to make it easier and faster for people, so right now the search only does contains (unless you type in 2 or less characters then it is begins).

We do have an advanced search coming which will have many options for more granular search.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 19, 2023 2:10:07 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Joe wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

That will be in an advanced search that is in our upgrade path. The old search had it, but it was very, very slow, and taxed the servers. We wanted to make it easier and faster for people, so right now the search only does contains (unless you type in 2 or less characters then it is begins).

We do have an advanced search coming which will have many options for more granular search.

OK, cool! I just tried again and only typed in "XM" and it went to X-Man which is much better than it was before. Thank you again for all of the hard work you are all doing!

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Joe
Tuesday, October 31, 2023 12:38:30 PM
Thundercron wrote:
Also, my ideas for the arrow button progressing to the next Owned book would progress regardless of title. So in this case, clicking the arrow button after Captain Victory #8 would take me to Women of Marvel #1, which is the next owned book in the folder.

They arrow buttons now progress through the next owned book within the title. if you are on 4 Sale, it is the next book for sale (in that title). same with wishlist, gaps, and store.

Not everything you wanted, but much nicer and easier to navigate for the user. Very good suggestion.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

Thundercron
Tuesday, October 31, 2023 1:05:41 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Joe wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
Also, my ideas for the arrow button progressing to the next Owned book would progress regardless of title. So in this case, clicking the arrow button after Captain Victory #8 would take me to Women of Marvel #1, which is the next owned book in the folder.

They arrow buttons now progress through the next owned book within the title. if you are on 4 Sale, it is the next book for sale (in that title). same with wishlist, gaps, and store.

Not everything you wanted, but much nicer and easier to navigate for the user. Very good suggestion.

Thank you!
Mobtownjoe
Tuesday, October 31, 2023 1:15:18 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
Joe wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Thank you!

I find this to be a bonus, especially when assembling a set!