Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - April 2024 Edition

State of the Hall Address - April 2024 Edition

MoonKnight1
Friday, April 05, 2024 12:29:58 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hooray for April! The NFL Season officially kicks off at the end of the month with the Draft!!! Dancing Tongue

Well, Spring is in full step right now with he weather doing a 180 pretty much every day. It's time to get out of hibernation and stumble around all bleary eyed. In case that's your normal then just keep doing what you do!

As a change of pace I will be listing a box of my older inventory. Still have a couple of Velocity boxes left but I am in need of bags and boards before I can list those. This new box is ready to go and just needs grading/pricing. Hopefully it will be up by the end of next week. More details will be forthcoming at that time.

Super early heads up! The weekend of the 19th - 21st I will be out of town for the Virginia State National Championship Tournament in Fredericksburg, VA so will be underground for a few days. It's a fun experience and last year I even made the cut for the first time ever! Party

Have fun everyone! Wave

Current Total of Comics For Sale: 39,031

Goal: 40,000

Number Needed: 969

Hall of Heroes Store Policies

NEWFree S&H for orders of $40.00 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM. International orders too big to fit an envelope will be sent in a cardboard box.

ALL orders come with tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping - I attempt to ship every order the next business day and same day if possible. In general I do not ship on Saturdays.

International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

Combine With eBay - If you want to buy something from here and my eBay store then I will combine shipping. Not only that, but my Free Shipping option of $30 or up will count toward the combined total between the stores. So if you buy $15 here and $15 there I will ship together for free! Please make sure you send me a PM (Personal Message) here to alert me that you have ordered from both platforms. Please do not contact me on eBay for this offer as I'm sure they would probably frown upon it.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Monday, April 22, 2024 11:47:18 AM
Shop at My Store
Wow, what a weekend!

Three days of chucking plastic through the woods and up and down hills at the Virginia State Disc Golf Championship Tournament! It was kind of a chilly weekend in Fredericksburg but that did not tamper with the experience. It was a lot of fun both on and off the course but tiring indeed. Yawn Well, no time for relaxing - back to work!

I did get another box up last week and you can see more details by checking my Newly Listed (Past 7 Days) tab. It's a good mix of what I like to call "Filler" books. Not too many large runs* but good stuff to plug holes in your collection. Nice DC Bronze including Weird Mystery tales and Weird War Tales and also a decent chunk of Forbidden Worlds from ACG featuring Magicman.

* Actually there are 2 nice sized runs that just went up. Dreadstar from Marvel's Epic imprint and a huge amount of DC's Warlord including almost all of the Bronze Age issues. So how about that for contradicting myself! Tongue

Current Total of Comics For Sale: 39,126

Goal: 40,000

Number Needed: 874

I will be starting to grade a new box today which should take until Tuesday or Wednesday then try to get it listed either Thursday or Friday. Details on what is inside will be forthcoming.

Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the sky! Kiss

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

MoonKnight1
Friday, April 26, 2024 9:25:24 AM
Shop at My Store
Alright, got this new box graded. Took a little longer than I thought because there are some older books in there that take a more careful look at to appraise. Also there were a number of comics that were not yet in our Database so I had to add them myself. That's not a problem actually but it does take a little bit of time and there is a short wait for Approval (Thank you, Approvers!).

What this means is that I will have to wait until next week to get this box live. Won't have the time to do it today and Monday is usually busy with pulling and shipping orders so looking at Tuesday. In the meantime, here's what you have to look forward to!

About 1/3rd of this box is Gold Key/Whitman variants. A dozen or more of these have just been added to the DB courtesy of myself so they will be the Only Ones For Sale on CCL!

Flash Gordon
Grimm's Ghost Stories
Little Monsters
Looney Tunes
Magnus the Robot Fighter
Ripley's Believe it or Not!
Star Trek
Jungle Twins
Tom & Jerry
Tragg
Turok, Son of Stone
Tweety & Sylvester
Twilight Zone
UFO & Outer Space
Wacky Witch
Walt Disney's Huey, Dewey and Louie
Walt Disney's Super Goof
Woodsy Owl

Then there is a nice chunk of X-Men mini's, one-shots and annuals:

X-Men 2099
X-Men '92
X-Men Adventures (1992)
X-Men Adventures (1994)
X-Men/Alpha Flight (1985)
X-Men: Blue
X-Men Classic
X-Men: Deadly Genesis
X-Men: Emperor Vulcan
X-Men: The End
X-Men: Gold
X-Men: Red
X-Tinction Agenda
X-Universe

not to mention a sizeable run on:

Marc Spector: Moon Knight
Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu (Full Run)
'Nam
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (volume 1, 2 and Updates)

Whew! Whew! So that's all going up early next week.

Have a nice weekend!

Free Comic Book Day is nearly upon us!

Angel Big Grin Party Tongue Daydreaming Dancing Clown