Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » Back Issue Chit Chat
dennisdavid
Monday, April 01, 2013 6:59:07 PM
Groups: Member
Devil I just finished reading Daredevil #227-233, The Born Again storyline by Miller and Mazzuchelli. Even after 25 years it's still a great story.
aaus
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:20:22 AM
Nowadays I'm reading Amazing Spider-Man Vol.2. I read #3-4 yesterday.
“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”
BurningDoom
Monday, May 05, 2014 10:41:54 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member

I recently bought most of the entire Doom 2099 issues and tie-ins for cheap not too long ago, and I've been reading it and really enjoying it.

Well I just started getting through the highly-recommended Warren Ellis issues which begins with issue #26 (in the pic). I'm up to about issue #33 when Alchemex makes their own Captain America to stand against Doom.

And I've got to say, I'm QUITE disappointed. I think Warren Ellis's run on this series is praised for no other reason than it's Warren Ellis. Because his run hasn't been nearly as good as the 25 issues prior.

He's going for this big, epic storyline where Doom takes control of America. The problem is that while he's reaching for this great epic storyline for the 2099 Universe, he's completely lost the character of Doom. Instead of being the fully-fleshed out character that was neither fully hero nor fully villain that I had read for the last 25 issues, Doom becomes a stale archetype of his old villain self (and I mean "stale", because when villain Doom is written right, he's an amazing villain). Ellis also immediately kills off two main-characters in Prophet and Wire when he takes over, which is another big disappointment. And while that cover looks great, the inner-artwork definitely took a dive.

I'm gonna keep reading this until the end, and hope there's a big pay-off. But all those people praising Warren Ellis's run on Doom 2099, have really disappointed me. I wish they would have kept the old creative team around to end this series.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
marvelmaniac6169
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:15:03 PM
Just re-read F.F. #'s 19, 212 and 213.
Have not read the stories in 25 years and after a discussion about the Sphinx I had thought that Rama-Tut and the Sphinx stories were related somehow...
I was mistaken, the only ties they had were the country of Egypt.
Either way it was an enjoyable read for me.

DLCOMICS
Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:43:15 PM
Recently I have been lucky enough to have been given a copy of the Flash omnibus that has Geoff Johns run on it. I have to admit that I have never read this before and am finding that I have been missing out greatly. This series is one that everyone should check out well worth the $70.00 + dollars for the omnibus.
GroovyWizard
Sunday, January 04, 2015 11:28:40 PM
Hello everyone!! Great community here! I am an avid comic and toy collector and I have started a great blog site that I hope you will visit and subscribe to! Topics will deal with comic book collecting/ investing, story lines, tv/ film adaptations, comic toys, etc, etc! I promise not to send you with constant e-mail blasts! Please check it out and feel free to contribute to the posts with your comments:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Kevin

www.comicbookhaven.com

rebellioncomics
Friday, June 12, 2015 1:21:25 PM

Recently I have found myself going back to the older Silver age Green Lantern and Flash books. Talk about wordy but still over all great stories and I am a huge Gil Kane fan. Anyone who has not yet read the older silver age Dc titles should Definitely give GL and Flash a go.
You remember what we did yesterday? We saved the world – again. You don’t think that has any value, well think again, pal. The Justice League goes on, with or without you. Look, nobody can question your service or commitment to making things better. If you’re quitting because you think you’ve already done your fair share, fine, we'll throw you a parade. But if you’re quitting because it’s easier than continuing the fight, then you’re not the heroes we all thought you were. The world needs the Justice League... and the Justice League needs you
Crazybaker49085
Tuesday, February 02, 2016 2:57:21 AM
Im reading the Inferno storyline from the mid 80s. I just recently got a bunch i was missing from the site here, couldnt be happier. Im a huge X Men fan so anything i can grab back issue wise is awesome, my next target is the x tinction Agenda back issues I am missing from New Mutants and X Factor
Thundercron
Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:42:03 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Crazybaker49085 wrote:
Im reading the Inferno storyline from the mid 80s. I just recently got a bunch i was missing from the site here, couldnt be happier. Im a huge X Men fan so anything i can grab back issue wise is awesome, my next target is the x tinction Agenda back issues I am missing from New Mutants and X Factor

I LOVED Inferno when I was a kid! I didn't collect X-Men at all, but the tie-ins affected several of the books I did collect. I liked the idea so much that I decided to search out all the Inferno books (main issues and tie-ins). I had a lot of fun searching them out at all the convenience stores around town. Out of all the mutant crossovers of the old days, I think Inferno got the most participation from Marvel writers. It was just a great story idea that really allowed writers to do some crazy stuff (Daredevil fighting a vacuum cleaner, for example).
Crazybaker49085
Monday, May 16, 2016 6:52:48 PM
I'm reading a lot of old X Factor, Warlock and the Infinity Watch and Warlock Chronicles.
Crazybaker49085
Sunday, November 19, 2017 9:22:31 PM
I've been on a back issue kick for a while. Original Suicide Squad series, X-Force vol. 1, love all the deals I've been getting online and at garage sales!
fenix1977
Saturday, November 25, 2017 1:33:57 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I have been picking up old Trades at Ollies. They are supper cheep and while they have a random selection..they always have a gem or 2. I picked up the hardcover Avengers vs X-Men Companion for 20 bucks still in box (yes it is so big it comes in a box) with a normal cover price if around $100..you can do the math on those savings!
serling1978
Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:07:34 PM
I've been working on my Master of Kung Fu collection from. The 1970s recently and I have enough of a run that I have started reading them. It's pretty good stuff. I like that this series, similar to Conan the Barbadian, is more on the serious side and doesn't have a lot of wisecracking or puns during the battles.
fenix1977
Monday, May 07, 2018 3:21:19 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I am still working on filling in the current run of TMNT, Saga and slowly filling in the gaps for Invincible..which is going to be super costly.
TheDarkNightCollects
Sunday, October 28, 2018 3:57:31 PM
Attempting to complete a full run of the Avengers vs. X-men series with the various variants, the 52 series, and Batman and the Outsiders.
Crazybaker49085
Wednesday, May 01, 2019 7:00:07 PM
Back issues Im trying to finish up on several runs. Civil War, Avengers Vol 3 and X Force Vol 1, with Avengers vs X Men right behind them and Secret Wars 2 Crossovers.
PCPaperbacks
Thursday, May 09, 2019 1:24:11 PM
I did buy AMS 41$100. 1st Rhino. It is in great shape, if it was for a big crease on cover, it would be VF. A condition I can live with!
Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"

PCPaperbacks
Thursday, May 09, 2019 1:26:00 PM
Working on Spectacular Spider-man (1976) series. I am missing about 35 issues. I just picked up 13 & 90 if VF shape for a fair price at a 25% off sale. I got a few other issues too.
Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"