Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » UK Comics and Collectors » What are UK comics worth ?
Colinmallorca
Monday, October 12, 2020 1:55:21 PM
Groups: Member
Hi everyone,

Have just joined the forum and have an original UK Silver Age comic collection but have no idea what they are worth, how to price them and where to find buyers. Perhaps someone can help me.

The collection comprises around 100 1960's comics with an estimated grade 4.5 to 6.5. I have had 14no. key issues graded by CGC and have used these to personally grade the rest. To conclude, 70% are UK 10d priced and 30% are US 12c priced with a 1/- price stamp. Some price stamps are hardly visible, others are clearly evident.

I'm currently trying to sell on ebay.uk. (to test the water) with my Avengers #43 cgc 6.5, a Hot Comic but, no takers so far. Is there a market in the US for UK comics and at what price model ?
I now live in Spain so have the added problem that the shipping costs may put off potential US buyers.

Thanks for anything,
Colinmallorca

MoonKnight1
Monday, October 12, 2020 3:21:47 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hi,

Welcome to Comic Collector Live!

Wow, so you live in Mallorca? That must be amazing, I have always wanted to go there.

There is a definitely a niche market in the States for Silver Age UK comics. I sell a bunch of them myself. I'm thinking that eBay might be the best way for you to go. With only around 100 comics it probably wouldn't be profitable to open a store somewhere.

Shipping costs are absolutely a deterrent. I used to sell a lot to International buyers but the prices are so high that I don't see very many at all anymore.

Best of luck to you!

Howie

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations