Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL News and Events » Anything new happening?
9 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
MoonKnight1
Thursday, July 06, 2023 12:45:32 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Whistle Big Grin Applause Party Dancing

Coming Soon!

Like, Monday soon!

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Thursday, July 06, 2023 1:19:45 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Whistle Big Grin Applause Party Dancing

Coming Soon!

Like, Monday soon!

Where's that "It's been 84 years" Titanic meme when you need it?

Seriously, better late than never. Now to roll out the multi-hundred dollar marketing campaign.
BlueMoon
Thursday, July 06, 2023 5:33:15 PM
Shop at My Store
Color me jaded.

I don't know what the cloud is, how to get crap into it, or how to get crap out of it.

I am also 10000000000000000000000000000000000% skeptical that they fixed any of the Approver issues we've been wanting since the Indians last won a World Series.

But hey, fingers crossed.
Thundercron
Thursday, July 06, 2023 7:55:31 PM
Shop at My Store
Based on the lack of chatter here regarding Steve's email, I'm going to assume most people overlooked it (mine got sent to some sort of non-priority email folder). Also wondering why the announcement wasn't made in the forums. Although I have always like the idea of seeing the "CCL Site is Down For Maintenance" page, then seeing it come back online with the all-new site. Unannounced and out of the blue.
Kingsman
Thursday, July 06, 2023 9:31:01 PM
Shop at My Store
I also received the email message today. I really have no comment until I see the new layout and begin to use it myself. My big fear is my store's inventory being augmented in any way. A few years ago, this site had a major malfunction at the same time as my big, annual sale (unfortunate timing). When that happened, my store's inventory was a mess afterwards. I do not care to go through THAT again!

Thundercron wrote:
Based on the lack of chatter here regarding Steve's email, I'm going to assume most people overlooked it (mine got sent to some sort of non-priority email folder). Also wondering why the announcement wasn't made in the forums. Although I have always like the idea of seeing the "CCL Site is Down For Maintenance" page, then seeing it come back online with the all-new site. Unannounced and out of the blue.
pottersan
Thursday, July 06, 2023 10:09:39 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
It's not going to be everything everyone wants, but from what I've had a hand in, I'm very happy.

There are a few particular things that I can't remember if they are in the this update or coming after, but it's something no other related comic site is doing.

I'm excited.

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

MoonKnight1
Friday, July 07, 2023 10:27:27 AM
Shop at My Store
I agree with Mark. Cautiously optimistic, I mean any progress is good progress, but transferring over 36k comics successfully makes me worry a bit. I have watched the YouTube tutorial and it seems like it should be easy.

Also agree with Corey. You would think that CCL would post something this important on the CCL website. That's why I was low key when posting about it. Giving them a chance to make it official. I bet it's on the FaceBook page. Devil

From what I understand this is just the first update and there are more coming?

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

BlueMoon
Friday, July 07, 2023 10:32:53 AM
Shop at My Store
I'm just very wary. Why wasn't anything announced? Why were we only given a weekend notice? How is printing going to work? My shop is run by a lot of old fogies who don't really understand technology and have no clue how this cloud stuff works.
MoonKnight1
Friday, July 07, 2023 10:52:26 AM
Shop at My Store
I hear you. Pretty sure they will be happy to help anyone that needs it, myself included possibly. I'm no computer whiz either so I might need a hand. Fingers crossed.

Thundercron
Friday, July 07, 2023 11:02:53 AM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:

From what I understand this is just the first update and there are more coming?

This is another concern. Wasn't this the plan last time we had an update? There were forum threads about things needing fixes with promises of more updates coming. Took seven or eight years, but at least we're here.
Thundercron
Friday, July 07, 2023 11:15:25 AM
Shop at My Store
BlueMoon wrote:
I'm just very wary. Why wasn't anything announced? Why were we only given a weekend notice? How is printing going to work? My shop is run by a lot of old fogies who don't really understand technology and have no clue how this cloud stuff works.

I'm with you, it definitely takes me a while to adopt new tech. However, the idea of the cloud shouldn't be an issue for us. The cloud only refers to how the information is stored and accessed. Right now, I can only access the software on my home computer. So the bulk of the store management (posting new items for sale, primarily) has to be done at home. With cloud-based storage, I should be able to access everything from anywhere (particularly my phone), so I can list books and upload them at any time. Which is good, since I sometimes have a lot of downtime between work with my real job. I can bring a short box and start listing, rather than take up time when I'm home.

If your shop has a designated computer that your guys use to list books, nothing should really change in that regard just because it's now cloud-based.

MoonKnight1
Friday, July 07, 2023 11:21:52 AM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
[quote=BlueMoon]Right now, I can only access the software on my home computer. So the bulk of the store management (posting new items for sale, primarily) has to be done at home. With cloud-based storage, I should be able to access everything from anywhere (particularly my phone), so I can list books and upload them at any time. Which is good, since I sometimes have a lot of downtime between work with my real job. I can bring a short box and start listing, rather than take up time when I'm home.

This should be a huge upside for me. I used to run my store from my house so it wasn't an issue but since I now split times between home and warehouse it is. Being able to do things at the warehouse space will be an enormous time saver.

Spider-Man
Friday, July 07, 2023 12:46:40 PM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
I did not get an email announcing the update. I am aware of it, but the email may have been sent to stores only for now, for some reason.
SwiftMann
Friday, July 07, 2023 2:28:39 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
I got the email. I haven't been a store for over a year. And I let my software subscription lapse a couple months ago.

I stopped using the software at year end. The lack of updates and abandonware feel had me moving everything elsewhere which I've spent significant time investing in getting that info updated and accurate with an active developer.

I will take a look at it, but it's a bit too little too late for me.
MoonKnight1
Friday, July 07, 2023 2:36:02 PM
Shop at My Store
Since maybe not everyone got the e-mail here is the YouTube link for how to upload your Collection to the new format starting Monday, July10th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTNTcmpWSB8

Thundercron
Friday, July 07, 2023 4:49:21 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Since maybe not everyone got the e-mail here is the YouTube link for how to upload your Collection to the new format starting Monday, July10th.

I think my favorite part of the video was the 148 "unread message" alert on Steve's account.Straight Face
MoonKnight1
Friday, July 07, 2023 6:39:19 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

I think my favorite part of the video was the 148 "unread message" alert on Steve's account.Straight Face

Either that or when he said they have been working on this update for "months" which I guess technically is true. Big Grin

Tamwood
Friday, July 07, 2023 6:39:27 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
I have to do this every time I update the store? Is it going to process everything every time? We have 25000 books listed. i add 5 more, it is going to cycle through 25005 books?

Thundercron
Friday, July 07, 2023 6:46:03 PM
Shop at My Store
Tamwood wrote:
I have to do this every time I update the store? Is it going to process everything every time? We have 25000 books listed. i add 5 more, it is going to cycle through 25005 books?

Pretty sure it's a one time update to synch the old software info to the new cloud location.
SwiftMann
Friday, July 07, 2023 7:21:28 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
Thundercron wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

Pretty sure it's a one time update to synch the old software info to the new cloud location.

Correct. You do the update Steve and his 148 messages referenced one time and then never use the software again. It's all web based from there on.