Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » eBay People vs Reading Comprehension
MoonKnight1
Friday, February 02, 2024 1:01:57 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
You know, you can't fix stupid.

I recently had a wonderful experience on the 4 letter garage sale website. I had listed a poster of Vault of Horror #40 from EC way back in the day. Here is what the Item Title said: Vault of Horror #40 Poster EC Comics vampire 13"x9-1/2" Wall Art terror fear

and the Item description read:

"This is a Poster of the front cover including the reverse of Vault of Horror #40 which was originally published in the 1950's. It was produced in the 1970's by the Russ Cochran Authorized EC Comics portfolio company. The Poster (it is NOT a comic book) measures 13" by 9-1/2" and is printed on both sides, the front being the reproduction of the cover and the back being the text, picture, interview, etc. that originally appeared there. It is in very nice condition with minimal flaws, if any.

This is a Wall Poster and NOT a comic book!

The Poster has been stored flat in a sealed board & sleeve and will be shipped in a bubble mailer with plenty of sturdy cardboard packing and also marked, "Do Not Bend!".

I have a lot of these available and will absolutely combine shipping for multiples ordered!

If you think you are buying a comic book please think again! This is a Poster of the cover of a comic book!"

So a guy bought one and then sent me a message asking to cancel the sale because he thought he was buying a comic book. Wall Wall Wall Wall Time Out Devil Angry

Thankfully, I had packed it up but hadn't shipped yet so I didn't have to worry about it bouncing around from Post Office to Post Office waiting for it to be returned.

Is there any way I could have worded the description better? Sigh

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
WEBVG
Friday, February 02, 2024 4:35:49 PM
Groups: Member
And that's why I never order "Action Figure Variants" for comics anymore. It's just not worth the headache. People look at the picture, maybe part of the title in the heading, buy it then start a claim because you sent them a picture of a toy for $3 plus shipping. I don't even want "Trading Card Variants" anymore either.
REDWOLVES...led by Jayden Daniels, cheered on by the Wolves Den...
Thundercron
Friday, February 02, 2024 5:02:38 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I once sold an Amazing Fantasy #15 reprint comic that was originally packaged with a toy. Customer wanted to return it because he completely thought he was getting an original Amazing Fantasy #15 first print for $15.

By the way, that 1970s EC Comics poster sounds pretty dope.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, February 06, 2024 4:21:45 PM
Shop at My Store
It is pretty dope actually!

I've relisted it if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about: Vault of Horror #40 poster

I have a bunch of these listed - Tales From the Crypt, Vault of Horror, Crypt of Terror. Got them in a box full of promotional items from Black Dog Collectibles (my buddy Mark who used to have a store here). Pretty cool stuff.

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

MoonKnight1
Thursday, February 22, 2024 10:18:24 AM
Shop at My Store
Weird. I got a feedback from the guy that said, "Very friendly seller beautiful item".

That's odd because he never got it. He cancelled the sale before I shipped it. Now, I'm not complaining about getting a positive feedback at all - that's great. But it is strange because a) he did not get it so how would he know it's a beautiful item (it is btw!) and b) how could he leave FB if the transaction was cancelled? Hypnotized

Thundercron
Thursday, February 22, 2024 10:56:50 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Weird. I got a feedback from the guy that said, "Very friendly seller beautiful item".

That's odd because he never got it. He cancelled the sale before I shipped it. Now, I'm not complaining about getting a positive feedback at all - that's great. But it is strange because a) he did not get it so how would he know it's a beautiful item (it is btw!) and b) how could he leave FB if the transaction was cancelled? Hypnotized

I think people who buy a lot on ebay lose track. I do as a seller. I sit down once a month or so and do the feedback thing for everyone at once. So if someone never pays or is difficult, I have to remember which transaction it was. I've accidentally left positive feedback on items that were canceled or returned.

Yeah, it sucks ebay allows feedback when transactions are refunded or canceled.