Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Music, Video Games, and Other Media » World Video Game Hall of Fame 2024 Nominees

Poll Question: Which Game Needs To Be In The HOF?

• Asteroids
    50%
    1 vote(s)
  • Resident Evil
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Myst
    50%
    1 vote(s)
  • Sim City
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Guitar Hero
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Metroid
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Ultima
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • One of the others or your own fave
    0%
    0 vote(s)

World Video Game Hall of Fame 2024 Nominees

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 03, 2024 4:32:36 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Here Are 2024’s Finalists For The World Video Game Hall Of Fame

Fantastic group of finalists this year! As a long time gamer I am excited to see some of my faves from way, way back nominated. It's going to be tough knowing that some won't make the cut.

Here is the list!

Asteroids

This was probably the first Arcade Game I ever played. Two doors down from the 7-11 and just past the beauty salon there was an arcade in the strip mall near where we lived in Fredericksburg. They had Pac Man, Berzerk, Space Invaders, etc. All great. But Asteroids was simply sublime. Graphics were simple but gameplay was incredible. You could fly off one side of the screen and then come back on the other. Brilliant.

Resident Evil

This game was the reason why I bought a Play Station. A friend of mine had one and I was over at his place watching him play. The next morning I was standing in line at the Kay-Bee Toys at Willow Lawn mall with a pocketful of cash waiting for them to open.

Myst

Never played this one as I did not have a very good computer at the time and was unable to install it. I had friends that played it who both praised it's graphics but complained about it's slowness.

Sim City

Holy cow did I spend a lot of time building cities. I think I could easily qualify for a job as traffic engineer with the hours upon hours I spent designing freeways, bypasses and roundabouts. But then, no matter how good you are, there's always a Godzilla attack.

Guitar Hero

Eh, I'm not going to say anything bad about this game as I know it will upset some people but - I think it is boring and overrated. Tongue OK so it is mildly entertaining but it's basically Home Karaoke let's be real.

Metroid

This game was seriously addictive. I beat it a couple of times but still kept starting over because there was always something that I missed before. There were so many ways to go through the whole thing and the mazes were incredible.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

See- Guitar Hero. Laughing Seriously, I do respect the game as being influential but to be honest I wasn't very good at it so blah. I was better at riding an actual skateboard and I sucked at that. Crying

Ultima

I loved Ultima back in the day! It was a lot like D&D and it led the way for the whole adventure game type thing (Other than Zork, that is!) Looking at it by today's standards it comes off as a bit hokey by back then it was groundbreaking.

And also

Elite - This is something I had heard of but never experienced. Looks cool.

Neopets - My daughter had one of these, she seemed to like it.

Tokimeki Memorial - First time seeing anything about this game. Looks like it was only in Japan?

You Don't Know Jack - Again, I have not heard of this but it looks like something that I could get into.

Which of these would you most like getting inducted? Or, if there's a game not on the list that you like better let us know!

Or give me your Top 3!

Shoot, go ahead and rank them top to bottom. That would be fantastic! Dancing

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Wednesday, April 03, 2024 9:19:59 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I rented Metroid once as a kid. Didn't like it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't get very far. Minority opinion, I know.