Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » What Are YOU Reading?
Kreyalis
Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:14:33 AM
Groups: Member
Just picked up a few new 52 trades to reading
Green Lantern Vol 1/2
Wonder Woman Vol 1
Aquaman Vol 2
Batman Vol 1/2
Shadowdodger
Saturday, November 23, 2013 12:31:50 PM
Just finished Harley Quinn #0 and about to start on Vertigo's Hinterkind #1 & 2.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
4saken1
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:59:00 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Just started reading Prophet and Infinite Vacation.

Prophet has some really unique and alien concepts, but it's just not really catching my interest as much as I would like it to. I picked up Infinite Vacation before I started reading Morning Glories (I didn't really care for Nick Spencer's lack of direction in that series at all), so I was a little reluctant to read it. I just finished the first issue, though, and am quite intrigued.

Getting ready to read Bone, Revival, and Whispers starting next week.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
Kreyalis
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:21:47 AM
Started reading The Walking Dead Compendium 1. I've seen the show but I've never gotten around to reading any of the comics.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:24:52 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Kreyalis wrote:
Started reading The Walking Dead Compendium 1. I've seen the show but I've never gotten around to reading any of the comics.

You are in for quite a treat, my friend!

Not your typical zombie stuff, but a very compelling read. The show has diverged somewhat from the comic so don't be surprised if some characters live longer/die sooner than you might expect!

Please tell us what you think of it when you're done.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
mekdinosaur
Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:14:53 PM
A few years back I decided to catalogue my entire collection and begin re-reading every single issue from start to finish. I managed to get through a few long boxes before some life stuff started to crowd in. It became more of a chore to keep up the reading so I eventually quit.

I've continued to add to my collection: filling holes and picking up on newer series, but my interest in the more recent publications has waned of late. I feel as though it's time to have a look at the back issues once more.

CCL has quickly become my favorite website for comic shopping. I've never felt compelled to check out the "community" until today and wow have I missed out. This is a great atmosphere with true fans interacting in a positive way. Alot of similar messageboards seem to be all about (banned)-fests or elitism (not so much here it seems). After reading some posts here, I have found myself inspired to contribute.

So here I am with a long-winded round-about way of saying "hello" and "glad to be here finally". I'm gathering the nerve to get back on the horse and renew my reading regiment from where I left off. Perhaps I shall share my progress on occasion. This should be fun.

kidlippy
Saturday, December 28, 2013 5:00:09 PM
Just finished reading Forever Evil #4. Really liking this story considering I'm not a DC fan.
Kreyalis
Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:13:30 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Kreyalis wrote:

You are in for quite a treat, my friend!

Not your typical zombie stuff, but a very compelling read. The show has diverged somewhat from the comic so don't be surprised if some characters live longer/die sooner than you might expect!

Please tell us what you think of it when you're done.

I loved the entire thing trying to find the 2nd one now so i can keep on reading it. I also had just finished the first trade for new 52 New Guardians and really enjoyed it.
kisstour03
Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:10:41 AM
I'm in the middle of reading a bunch of trades and hardcovers right now.

Showcase Presents: Enemy Ace Love this one!!!
Showcase Presents: The War That Time Forgot Really good too
Showcase Presents: The Haunted Tank Vol.1 I guess I like old DC war books. Who knew??
DC Archives Golden Age Green Lantern Vol.1 I find some Golden Age stuff hard to get through. But I'm enjoying this one.

In single issues I'm finishing off reading JSA #s 68-87 right now. I'm going to miss this series when I'm done it. It's awesome.
mekdinosaur
Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:52:18 PM
kisstour03 wrote:
I'm in the middle of reading a bunch of trades and hardcovers right now.

Showcase Presents: Enemy Ace Love this one!!!
Showcase Presents: The War That Time Forgot Really good too
Showcase Presents: The Haunted Tank Vol.1 I guess I like old DC war books. Who knew??
DC Archives Golden Age Green Lantern Vol.1 I find some Golden Age stuff hard to get through. But I'm enjoying this one.

In single issues I'm finishing off reading JSA #s 68-87 right now. I'm going to miss this series when I'm done it. It's awesome.

Haunted Tank is an old favorite of mine. Easy Co. rules. Weird War Tales is also very good. Enjoy.
mekdinosaur
Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:59:07 PM
I'm finishing up Wonder Woman v2 with the final Rucka run. I really wish Hollywood would have a look at this as a template for a potential WW movie. Very mature stuff and a great way to finish the series. Diana has never been better IMO.
rook68
Thursday, January 09, 2014 12:23:26 AM
Okay. Have you ever started something and all of sudden you have jumped into other things because of it. Let me explain. At first I was collecting Harley Quinn appearances. Then I started collecting Suicide Squad because she was appearing in that. Then I started collecting first appearances of Suicide Squad members. One of the members being El Diablo. Next I wanted to find the issue of the first El Diablo. I bought the issue and just received it today in the mail. After reading it. I found another genre that I wouldn't mind reading more. Before it was all about super heroes. I am going to give Westerns a shot. Anyone else out there read Western type comic books? All this because I started collecting Harley Quinn.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

mekdinosaur
Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:33:05 AM
This usually happens to me when I discover an artist or writer that I enjoy. For example: I discovered Azzarello through Hellblazer and decided to try out 100 Bullets which led me to seek out some of his one shots in Flinch and a few other anthologies. I find myself much more invested in and follow the creator's work rather than character appearances.
Skattershot
Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:30:59 PM
Currently reading Avengers West Coast. I never really spent alot of time collecting Avengers related as I was an X-title fan inthe 80's and up, but with the Axel related stuff being "junk"...(IMHO), going back through some old school stuff from Marvel just for kicks.
4saken1
Friday, January 31, 2014 2:12:06 PM
Shop at My Store
Starting next week, I'll be getting into the new Valiant titles. Never read them in the '90s because they looked super campy to me. I've heard lots of good things about all of the relaunched titles, though, so I started picking them up last year.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
rook68
Friday, January 31, 2014 3:29:47 PM
Since last year, I've been reading X-O Manowar. I gave it a look and found out the title was actually put together real well. Good art. Good story. Ended up putting it on my pull list at one of my LCBS. So far, no regrets.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

SPALUKAITIS
Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:00:30 PM
My standards are: Batman, Detective Comics, Batman and Robin, Batman, Inc.. I recently started reading Forever Evil: Arkham War.
BurningDoom
Monday, August 04, 2014 2:00:35 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member

Finished reading these today on my car trip back home from Santa Cruz. Better than I expected.

The first one has the original crew and X-Men tracking down Gary Mitchell who has merged with Proteus to create the ultimate reality-altering being that takes the combined might, intellect, and technology of TOS crew and the X-Men to defeat.

The second one takes places literally moments after Star Trek: First Contact ends. The TNG crew tries to return home from the past where The Borg tried to stop humans from making First Contact, but an anomaly sends them back to the X-Men's time, instead. Turns out that Kang is using them as pawns in his latest scheme for chronal conquest. This one touches on some serious moment's in both team's histories including the Battle of Wolf 459 and Days of Future Past.

I want to pick things up where they left off at the end. The final panel ends in a cliffhanger, and says to be continued in the Star Trek/X-Men: Planet X novel. Anyone ever read this novel? Is it any good? Worth picking up?
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
4saken1
Monday, August 04, 2014 6:44:52 PM
Shop at My Store
Just started reading Goon a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying it! Eric Powell is one of those rare artist/writers that is actually good at both.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

BurningDoom
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:19:07 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member

This came out today, went to Barnes and Noble and picked up my copy.

Great story, that feels VERY Jim Starlin. He knows these characters inside and out.

However, at the same time, it was a bit of a let-down because it felt like it was just a lead-in to something bigger coming on the horizon. The bright side being that if that's true, than I can't wait for a new Jim Starlin event!
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here