Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » Memorium?
MoonKnight1
Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:10:54 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Zoinks! Sad Casey Kasem

Not a comics personality per se but he was the voice of Robin on Superfriends, Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, several Transformers from the 1980's series and many more that you might be surprised about. Here is a partial list of cartoons he did voice work for.

Batman/Superman Hour
Skyhawks
Hot Wheels
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?
Josie and the Pussycats
Hong Kong Fooey
Laff-a-lympics
Battle of the Planets
Transformers
2 Stupid Dogs
Captain Planet and the Planeteers
Johnny Bravo
Blue's Clues
and way too many more for me to list.

Like, wow, he will always and forever be the voice of Shaggy.

R.I.P. Rain

And there was some Top 40 thing...

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
BruceReville
Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:19:25 PM
Groups: Member
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. - A piece of my childhood on Saturday and Sunday mornings has passed Sad
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

MoonKnight1
Monday, May 04, 2015 12:56:52 PM
Shop at My Store
Rick Ketcham.

He was supposed to be at the VA Comicon this weekend. His table will remain empty. He was only 44.

His credits include:

Tick: Karma Tornado
Phoenix Resurrection: Revelations
Excalibur
Journey into Mystery (modern)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Origin
E.V.E. Protomecha
X-Men (1991)
Dollz
G.I. Joe (Devil's Due and IDW)
Emma Frost
Venom
New X-Men: Academy X
New Excalibur
Custom: Triple A Baseball Heroes
Runaways
Robin
Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle
Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
Doctor Who: The Forgotten
Amazing Spider-Man
Avengers Academy
Skaar: King of the Savage Land
Secret Avengers
Fear Itself
Incredible Hulk
Scarlet Spider
Transformers: Robots in Disguise
Conan Red Sonja

and much more. He was actively involved in several ongoing projects.

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

rebellioncomics
Monday, June 08, 2015 10:33:09 PM
Surprised to not have seen this on here since it is abit old news by now.
However.....
The world lost a great man this year in Herb Trimpe. Herb was co-responsible for one of the most popular characters in comicdom. Wolverine. While Wolverine is by far his most famous creation Herb Trimpe was also the talented hand of other such titles as Godzilla, G.I. Joe and Shogun Warriors. This past year at Baltimore ComicCon I got the Chance to sit with him for a few minutes as he worked on a sketch for me and talk to him about his past and creations. While I can not speak for other on here I feel that he was one of the great artist ofbthe medium and a truly genuine man not one to shy away from his beliefs while also quick to give praise to other creators whom he has worked with.It is also worth noting that his wife is one of the nicest people ever and our thoughts are with her. We can only hope that a man who has provided so many of us with a chance at happiness in the form of a comic, can get happiness himself in his final sleep.
RIP HERB TRIMPE.
You remember what we did yesterday? We saved the world – again. You don’t think that has any value, well think again, pal. The Justice League goes on, with or without you. Look, nobody can question your service or commitment to making things better. If you’re quitting because you think you’ve already done your fair share, fine, we'll throw you a parade. But if you’re quitting because it’s easier than continuing the fight, then you’re not the heroes we all thought you were. The world needs the Justice League... and the Justice League needs you
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:21:17 AM
Shop at My Store
Thanks for doing that.

He had a spectacular career and his passing was a sad day for comics.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

rebellioncomics
Friday, June 12, 2015 12:54:41 PM
Not Really a Comic Passing However someone who’s contributions to film will be remembered forever.

June 7th 2015 we lost the Great Actor Christopher Lee due to respiratory and heart failure he was 93 years old. If the names doesn’t sound familiar to you then the characters he played will. Perhaps best known for his roles in Star Wars as Count Dooku and the Lord of The Rings series as Saruman the White Wizard. His Career goes back much further than those having also played 007 villain Francisco Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun and Dracula in 1958. It is also worth noting his military career as he served in the Royal Air foce during WWII.
Rip.
You remember what we did yesterday? We saved the world – again. You don’t think that has any value, well think again, pal. The Justice League goes on, with or without you. Look, nobody can question your service or commitment to making things better. If you’re quitting because you think you’ve already done your fair share, fine, we'll throw you a parade. But if you’re quitting because it’s easier than continuing the fight, then you’re not the heroes we all thought you were. The world needs the Justice League... and the Justice League needs you
Reggie
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:42:54 PM
I just found out that Darwyn Cooke passed away Saturday the 14th at the age of 53 from lung cancer. I got a chance to meet him a couple times since we both live in Florida he was always at the Orlando MegaCon. I absolutely loved his work.
R.I.P. Sad