Welcome Guest Active Topics
fenix1977
Monday, March 09, 2020 5:25:36 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
After a lot of thought I have come to the conclusion that it might be time to just sell my collection. At this point I am not really collecting anymore. There is no one to pass it down to family wise and I dread the idea that someone will have to deal with it if anything ever happened to me (hey we all gotta go sometime).

Can anyone suggest a good resource for well, basically just unloading a collection in one go? The LCS here only deals in trade in credit and that would be basically useless for me at this point.
MoonKnight1
Monday, March 09, 2020 8:31:51 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Where do you live? How much and what do you have approximately?

I know someone who buys collections if you're close enough.

Howie's Saying of the Week

Is it worse to be scared than to be bored, that is the question - Gertrude Stein

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
monidaw1
Monday, March 09, 2020 8:52:14 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Ask around about consignment arrangements as well. You can make a lot more on consignment even though it'll be over a long period of time but you basically could end up doing none of the work, having none of the risk/ headache.

Shipping can be very easy if you put a little planning into it so don't give up on getting high end dollars for your comics either if you put in a little effort. At least for a time until you harvest out the higher value books from the collection yourself. You could probably get more yourself for the high end comics than a reseller would offer for the entire collection. If you sign up for an E-Bay selling account, they'll send you an e-mail offer, usually around the 1st of the month allowing you to list a number of items for free. Just make sure you end the listings within the duration of the offer, usually about 28 days or so to be safe. Then you can relist any that don't sell easily with a few clicks when the next months offer comes in.

While you're working on the collection to have drafts ready to load when the offer arrives, you can go to Bonanza, list unlimited comics with scans and E-Bay style forms, no monthly fee, no yearly fee, no upload fee per item and if anything sells there you only pay 3.5% seller fee which is dirt cheap. Those listings can easily be loaded, copied or sync'd to E-Bay as well.

Every so often a sale directly from Bonanza happens as well and they don't bill the 3.5% until the end of the month with a form that easily allows you to flip back and forth between having PayPal or adding different credit or debit cards to make the payment for fees.
Thundercron
Monday, March 09, 2020 10:51:55 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
As for selling the entire collection, you can check places like Craigslist. Not just to list the collection, but use it to find buyers who are always looking to buy.

DO NOT let people come and cherry pick your stuff.

MyComicShop also partners with local people all across the country that helps them find collections. Contact them and they might have someone near you that can come take a look at them.
ratrapp
Monday, March 09, 2020 6:35:29 PM
Groups: Member
think twice before you do it.about a year after I sold mine I regret selling.thought several times about starting over again but I don't think I could afford it again.
fenix1977
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 2:38:45 AM
I'm in upstate NY. Last time I sold a good chunk of it was to one of the stores on here. I was thinking of reaching out to them again and offering them first go. I just don't enjoy collecting anymore. I honestly only get maybe three or four books a month and I could just get them digitally when they get released in trades.
Tamwood
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 10:18:18 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
If you're in NY, you might try Midtown.
fenix1977
Thursday, March 12, 2020 11:56:53 AM
I would try Midtown..but I am not in that part of NY. They are a six or seven hour drive and I don't even wanna think about shipping!
MoonKnight1
Friday, March 13, 2020 1:06:44 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
ratrapp wrote:
think twice before you do it.about a year after I sold mine I regret selling.thought several times about starting over again but I don't think I could afford it again.

Hey Gary, what's up!

I guess you could always go over to your brother's house and read his comics. Angel

Howie's Saying of the Week

Is it worse to be scared than to be bored, that is the question - Gertrude Stein

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
ratrapp
Friday, March 13, 2020 7:52:35 PM
Groups: Member
pm sent howie