Welcome Guest Active Topics
Philli
Sunday, December 27, 2020 6:27:45 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
If I found an old lamp, rubbed it and a genie popped out, my wishes would be as follows...

Wish 1 - Let's start adding foreign comics. I've brought up this subject on several occasions and it stinks that we have no presence. I have many books I'd love to add to the database and be able to keep track of. I'd also like to be able to form a wishlist for the books I'm missing. There is enough info on the internet to start forming a comprehensive list.

Wish 2 - Newsstand copies. Another one I've brought up and argued about for years now. The rest of the comic community recognizes it. I said over 10 years ago on here that there is a difference and now I constantly see people talking about it. It doesn't necessarily mean there is a value difference but there is a collectors difference. Let's get with the times and get it added.

Wish 3 - Organization of variants. For a software that offers the ability to "get organized", it's not always looking so hot. With all of the retailer variants coming out and have been for several years now I dont see it stopping. These really should be listed together. Example, Unknown Comics, Scorpion Comics, Elite Comics, ect. With the trade dress and virgin and black and white, ect. If the regular or first entry is variant S then the virgin variant should be SA. And the black and white should be SB. I think you get the idea.

I think these additions would truly help CCL. It would be an extreme undertaking but in the end it would make ours the best DB with the most information. CCL would truly be the leader in comics organization.
pottersan
Sunday, December 27, 2020 8:29:21 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Philli wrote:
If I found an old lamp, rubbed it and a genie popped out, my wishes would be as follows...

Wish 1 - Let's start adding foreign comics. I've brought up this subject on several occasions and it stinks that we have no presence. I have many books I'd love to add to the database and be able to keep track of. I'd also like to be able to form a wishlist for the books I'm missing. There is enough info on the internet to start forming a comprehensive list.

Wish 2 - Newsstand copies. Another one I've brought up and argued about for years now. The rest of the comic community recognizes it. I said over 10 years ago on here that there is a difference and now I constantly see people talking about it. It doesn't necessarily mean there is a value difference but there is a collectors difference. Let's get with the times and get it added.

Wish 3 - Organization of variants. For a software that offers the ability to "get organized", it's not always looking so hot. With all of the retailer variants coming out and have been for several years now I dont see it stopping. These really should be listed together. Example, Unknown Comics, Scorpion Comics, Elite Comics, ect. With the trade dress and virgin and black and white, ect. If the regular or first entry is variant S then the virgin variant should be SA. And the black and white should be SB. I think you get the idea.

I think these additions would truly help CCL. It would be an extreme undertaking but in the end it would make ours the best DB with the most information. CCL would truly be the leader in comics organization.

Yeah, what he said ^^^^^^^.

I agree 100%

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

Philli
Sunday, December 27, 2020 9:08:04 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
A lot could be documented. Myths could be busted. Here's some interesting facts. Ghost Rider (1973) has 81 issues. But the newsstand/direct editions are only from issues 37-81. (There is also Mark Jewelers variants for issues 26-81) Then you have Ghost Rider (1990) newsstand editions only go to issue 79 but the run continues on to issue 94. If there was no difference I wouldn't have this information. It's also information I feel like I'm wasting by not contributing it to our DB.

The same goes for foreign issues. I have done years worth of research to find or track books. Many I have collected, many I at least have scans of to keep track of what I'm missing. Again, I'd love to share this info.

As a possible solution, I'd be happy to be designated as the newsstand and foriegn book guy. I'd be happy to personally submit the change requests. I could do it one title at a time to allow stores to check their inventory and make changes as needed. Flooding the DB with thousands of newsstand change requests would probably be too overwhelming so a nice slow rollout would probably help.