Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » How to speed up delisting?
monidaw1
Saturday, April 16, 2022 6:12:40 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
When using the software it started out delisting items about 1 every 2 seconds. Now with over 85,000 still to go it's increased to about 1 item every 7 to 8 seconds. We still need to get thru the rest of the alphabet now that numbers and A have finished and it feels like the more we do, the longer it's going to take. I'm used to ridiculously long tasks but this is starting to seem impossible.

I want to move the items out of online sale into the software so the software can still be used as a database. I'm pretty sure using the web page option to delist will fly by insanely fast but I believe in the past that doesn't move the items back into the software, they just disappear.

I cut the store back on from vacation for a while so I can see which comics get left behind showing online that aren't present in the software to get delisted, the ghost listings and such you already know about.

85,000 times 8 seconds per item to delist is over 680,000 seconds/11,333 minutes/ 188 + hours At Wits' End That's almost 8 days of non stop work and the delist time is still increasing per item.
4saken1
Saturday, April 16, 2022 7:06:35 PM
Shop at My Store
Have you tried delisting them through the website (My Store/Manage Items) using the 'Select All' button? Seems like you can delist 100 at a time this way (although I've never actually tried myself). The other thing I was thinking is if you do an update on the software it might clean things up and make the process faster. I don't know if either of these suggestions will actually make things easier for you. Just spitballing.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
Tamwood
Sunday, April 17, 2022 12:31:12 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Removing them from the website puts them back in your inventory.
monidaw1
Sunday, April 17, 2022 7:41:44 AM
Quote:
Have you tried delisting them through the website (My Store/Manage Items) using the 'Select All' button? Seems like you can delist 100 at a time this way (although I've never actually tried myself).

I used this many times in the past for small removals and to wipe out all the "Bundled Lots" but it doesn't place the items back into my inventory, they just disappear/cease to exist usually.

Quote:
The other thing I was thinking is if you do an update on the software it might clean things up and make the process faster. I don't know if either of these suggestions will actually make things easier for you. Just spitballing.

I ran the update several times yesterday and also closed and restarted the software a few times and the computer once as well. I also moved delisting all the magazines, action figures, trades, hardbacks and cards to the front and got those off hoping it might speed things up if it only had the one type of inventory to deal with but it didn't help any.

Quote:
Removing them from the website puts them back in your inventory.

Exactly, that is the goal, to get them offline but still use the database for database type purposes. Now that I've gotten about 55,000 items removed, scanned and loaded to the online store and synched to E-bay I want to start focusing on working the last 100,000 or so in alphabetical order instead of just jumping around grabbing titles based on potential demand or ease of scanning and loading. There's about 85,000 still on CCL starting with the letter B thru Z.

Maybe it'll speed back up once I process all the A's and #'s and get those deleted from the database then I can take down the titles starting with the letter B.

Thundercron
Sunday, April 17, 2022 1:49:29 PM
Shop at My Store
Everything I sell outside of CCL, I delist the items from CCL using the website. This always puts things back in the "collected" or "My Collection" folder. Then I delete again from there using the software for permanent deletion.

Curious--you're saying you have 55,000 items "synced to ebay". Do you mean you have those items in your CCL software collection but synced to ebay listings so as they are deleted once sold? Or am I wildly reading more into this?
WEBVG
Thursday, September 22, 2022 9:48:09 AM
Groups: Member
Finally, all done!!!!!!!!!!

For the last several months the delete rate was down to about 20 seconds per item but I made it to the finish line. The software is completely empty of online listings and the only thing that should be left is whatever ghost titles and listings the site has I can't access thru the software.

Quote:
Curious--you're saying you have 55,000 items "synced to ebay". Do you mean you have those items in your CCL software collection but synced to ebay listings so as they are deleted once sold? Or am I wildly reading more into this?

No I list items in my store and synch the listing from my store to E-Bay and other sites as needed like Bonanza and such. I don't even have Bonanza active right now since E-Bay's sucking up items for sale so quickly. I can have unlimited listings on my site. E-Bay gives us 50 to 60,000 free listings a month as part of our store contract. For now I send one of most comics from my site to synch with E-Bay so if it sells at either the qty at both is supposed to be synch'd to remove the listing. I can in theory synch in a large number of sites but I don't really see the point to use more when E-Bay's already about max I want to deal with. The synch also increases the price of the listing at E-Bay or other sites by 16% to offset the higher fee's so in general it's cheaper to buy direct or in store than to shop the E-Bay listings. I wouldn't think CCL is even compatible with the type of listings E-Bay and other sites use. Simple listing helpful things like when a title is used more than once which most are, the year goes after the title (2022) and before the issue number so that all listings show up in order on E-Bay. As comics get to number 10 I add a zero in front of the number for the 1st nine to keep them displaying in order. Make it to 100 and the first 99 get a zero. Little things like that that help. That makes them display in the file folders correctly as well. Annuals and such can go in the same folder easily named say Batman (2011) Annual #1 for example so they show up on the last page of that titles results or at the end of the Batman (2011) numerical issues. If a title changes name but keeps the numbering going it gets a simple / new title added to the original so they continue to display in order and don't get scattered all over the building the way CCL likes to do.

Stupid new names, NOT just for football teams!!!!