Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » PayPal Pending Scares Away Customers!
MoonKnight1
Thursday, June 30, 2022 8:11:25 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I do not understand why this cannot be fixed. It is absolutely ridiculous that the PayPal Pending problem has persisted for this long without any attempt (seemingly) to repair it. I just had another first time CCL user place an order that didn't go through and abandoned it because the site is not "secure".

How long has this been an issue? 10-15 years? I can't afford to lose sales. Not only is money not hitting my pocket, CCL is also losing out by not fixing this.

There are a few things I would like to be done with the site but all of them added up are nowhere near as important as dealing with this issue. In my opinion.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Thursday, June 30, 2022 1:12:15 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
I do not understand why this cannot be fixed. It is absolutely ridiculous that the PayPal Pending problem has persisted for this long without any attempt (seemingly) to repair it. I just had another first time CCL user place an order that didn't go through and abandoned it because the site is not "secure".

How long has this been an issue? 10-15 years? I can't afford to lose sales. Not only is money not hitting my pocket, CCL is also losing out by not fixing this.

There are a few things I would like to be done with the site but all of them added up are nowhere near as important as dealing with this issue. In my opinion.

I don't care anymore about a site update. My wishlist for things to be fixed are the security certificate issue, and the buggy search feature within stores (ie, pressing "back" on the browser causing the buyer to wind up at the very beginning of a long search/sorting process). Show up, fix it, then Joe and Company can disappear again and I'll call it even.
rockstonecomics
Friday, October 21, 2022 4:06:54 AM
Shop at My Store
I STRONGLY agree....as a buyer this is definitely worrisome and discourages buyers to continue sending payment info via msg
Thundercron
Friday, October 21, 2022 8:22:03 AM
Shop at My Store
rockstonecomics wrote:
I STRONGLY agree....as a buyer this is definitely worrisome and discourages buyers to continue sending payment info via msg

For what it's worth, I always send the buyer my PayPal handle and info and ask them to send payment directly to me. That way their PayPal info isn't being sent across the messaging system, if it makes them uncomfortable.
WEBVG
Saturday, October 22, 2022 4:01:48 PM
Groups: Member
The most common occurrence I've had with it was shopping thru the window the software opens. Opening a window to ccl in another browser never had it happen to me but almost every time I forgot and tried to buy thru the softwares window it did.

The other was people intentionally leaving the order PayPal Pending as a type of free layaway. Just check out, go to Paypal and then X out of the window at PayPal instead of paying. Then at a later time they could send the funding or pay an alternate way letting the items be manually deleted or order completed manually.

So the question becomes, which case was it with your customer? Did they go to pay thru the software causing the problem, did they go to pay and change their mind after the PayPal page opened causing the PayPal Pending or did they simply want free layaway until they had time to check everywhere else on the planet for better deals or wanting to keep it available in case they still wanted it when the paycheck/allowance comes in at a later date?

I have to say I'm getting to be very fond of managed payments so most of my sales no longer go thru PayPal at all. CCL never did make that an option aka blocking PayPal entirely and its nonrefundable fee's.

They tend to say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Expecting ccl to suddenly change and fix stuff would seem to be insane at this point so you might consider some alternative venues like I did. CCL is now in Time Out since it would be considered insane to keep complaining about the same problems and limitations over and over and over and over again. Did anything from the 2016 improvement list they requested ever get implemented? Coupon sale/discount codes, multiple sales tax options, ability to turn off PayPal entirely, minimum purchase to check out by $ or item qty, Maximum qty of same item purchase, etc, etc...... There are a couple long threads buried here somewhere with more details back when there used to be hope.
REDWOLVES...led by Sam Hoooowwwweeeellllllll", cheered on by the Wolves Den...
Flagwaver
Sunday, October 23, 2022 10:42:44 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
WEBVG wrote:

They tend to say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Expecting ccl to suddenly change and fix stuff would seem to be insane at this point so you might consider some alternative venues like I did. CCL is now in Time Out since it would be considered insane to keep complaining about the same problems and limitations over and over and over and over again. Did anything from the 2016 improvement list they requested ever get implemented? Coupon sale/discount codes, multiple sales tax options, ability to turn off PayPal entirely, minimum purchase to check out by $ or item qty, Maximum qty of same item purchase, etc, etc...... There are a couple long threads buried here somewhere with more details back when there used to be hope.

stridentconclusion
Monday, November 07, 2022 10:48:45 PM
In electronic transactions, sometimes there is a problem with the payment process. However, it is difficult to completely fix it. Every time I have a problem like that, I feel quite worried splatoon 3
afterdeckskier
Wednesday, November 16, 2022 8:32:00 PM